Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson - Signed on a 1-month loan

Comments

• Options
    OK apparently, solid
  • Options
    Composed and generally solid. Looked to get forward as well.

Would like to see more of him, but looks a good loan and a better decision than playing someone out of position on their wrong side.
  • Options
    big thumbs up
  • Options
    Very impressed, sign him up!
  • Options
    The next JJ...? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]The next JJ...? ;-)

There's only one JJ ...
  • Options
    His versatility makes him a valuable asset

At this level when your squad is going to be much smaller than a Championship/Premier League club, having someone that can do a job at LM, LB and CM is a prized commodity
  • Options
    I was impressed.

His name sounds like he should be a WWII bomber pilot though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I haven't a clue how old he is, but could've sworn Johnny Jackson was black when he was at Spurs. ...errr, guess not!

I thought the same thing but for some reason I think I confusing him with Rohan Ricketts.
    I thought the same too - but I think I was confusing him with Stephen Kelly - which is even weirder as he still plays in the prem for Brum :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I haven't a clue how old he is, but could've sworn Johnny Jackson was black when he was at Spurs. ...errr, guess not!

I thought the same thing but for some reason I think I confusing him with Rohan Ricketts.
    I thought the same too - but I think I was confusing him with Stephen Kelly - which is even weirder as he still plays in the prem for Brum :)

Fulham now I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'M SORRY MISS JACKSON,
    ARE YOU FOR REALLLLLLLL!!!!

Just waiting!
  • Options
    Very impressed with Jackson yesterday, very composed on the ball and like Basey offers good set pieces and crossing ability. Too early to say if he could be good as a permanent player here but promising start.
  • Options
    Thought he did really well. Not found wanting defensively, and added nice edge to the attack.
  • Options
    We looked more balanced down the left, not as good as Konch & Powelly, but div 3 and all that.
    Kelly to come back as well, Jackson would be a great signing imho for his versatilty alone, plus he actually
    wants to play for us, as quoted in reports.
  • Options
    I met his uncle at the match tonight and he told me that Johnny was ready to sign for us last summer , but Paul Lambert ( who was at Colchester then ) would not release him to another League One club.

He said that Notts County gave him a good three year contract, but he indicated that JJ is looking to move permanently to us .

Personally I hope Youga returns soon so we can use him in mid field because that is where he operates most effectively.
  • Options
    Maybe JJ to play midfield on friday with Solly at LB, JJ could not do any worse than those playing in midfield tonight
  • Options
    I'd be inclined to give him a run in Midfield, Sam by all accounts has not learnt his lesson as much as Gary Birtles might want to bum him
  • Options
    The problem, Isaw, is who would he replace. For all Reid had a stinker, he'd be the last member of the team I'd drop right now. I'd not place Jackson anywhere except left mid or left back, so it's difficult.

I think he's a great player at this level, but not a great left back and definitely not any kind of centre back despite Parky's cloudy thinking on the matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'd go back to 4-5-1 provided we can patch Deon up somehow and use Jackson in the middle as he's good on the ball (he can play there and has before) with a returning Semedo and Nicky Bailey with Waggy and Reid wide or if Parky won't budge on 4-4-2 I'm sure one of him or Reid can play on the right. Plenty of "wrong-footed" wide midfielders around who do a very decent job and present a threat in terms of cutting in. Perhaps that's what Sam thinks he is?
  • Options
    Nonplussed for me. I think he's a less attacking midfielder so in a 451 I suspect he'd not support Deon enough (and you have to suspect he'll be missing for a while having come off first half anyway). Not sure if he has the pedigree in the middle to take a shirt off the likes of Shelvey or Semedo or Racon (although after tonight's performance, I might). I really don't want to play a left sided player on the right. Half our problems have come from having players out of position. I would say that Waggy should be getting his go, Lloyd's wandering off the flank is getting worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good footballer, good midfielder, would be a good addition to the squad in the summer if we lose Bailey, Racon, Jonjo et al.

Poor left back - out of position & skinned repeatedly tonight
  • Options
    Fair points mate. I understand your reservations about him as an attacking out and out winger and think Waggy deserves a chance as well. For me Sam is 4th choice wide midfielder now, and there's only one person to look at to understand why that is.
  • Options
    Snigger.....
  • Options
    Blimey, is it only 4 years he's been with us! With the high turnover these days, I guess the days of players staying for a decade are long gone.
  • Options
    Yeah , could be a good signing , lets see how he does first before getting too excited.....
  • Options
    Is his missus still pregnant?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Taking a trip down memory lane and saw this - the risks of writing on wiki when you're pissed:

"Jackson recovered from a hamstring injury and returned to the first team as an unused substitute bench"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnnie_Jackson