Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sports people only care about when the main event is on.

Comments

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Worst post ever.
  • Options
    Im not telling people what they can and cant watch i was just saying i would never watch a sport i know nothing or care little about. Any sport that im interested in i would watch at any level. However if im not into it i wont watch it be it worldwide event or small national event theres no point. Then i come into work the next day and all me mates say "did you watch the Tennis last night" no i diddnt of course i diddnt i have never watched tennis before why would i now thats all im saying. Sorry if you thought i was telling people what to watch but im no dictator i cant tell you what you can and cant watch can i now :-).
  • Options
    "but i wont watch sports i dont like just because its a big event and i dont think others shoould either."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Im not telling people what they can and cant watch i was just saying i would never watch a sport i know nothing or care little about. Any sport that im interested in i would watch at any level. However if im not into it i wont watch it be it worldwide event or small national event theres no point. Then i come into work the next day and all me mates say "did you watch the Tennis last night" no i diddnt of course i diddnt i have never watched tennis before why would i now thats all im saying. Sorry if you thought i was telling people what to watch but im no dictator i cant tell you what you can and cant watch can i now :-).

I'm glad the world isn't full of narrow minded people like yourself or we would never evolve, move on, or learn new things about the world. I feel sorry for you for shutting yourself off to a world of possibiities.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Im not telling people what they can and cant watch...
    Phew - THAT'S a relief.
  • Options
    Plenty of football fans who have been watching league 1 and championship games home and away for years who still haven't got a clue what their talking about :-)
    So i s'pose the non fans who suddenly become experts just balances them out.
  • Options
    TBF Suzi, he is going to Venice and Florence.

I do worry though that he might be disappointed when he finds that they aren't quite the way they are in the computer games he plays. ; - )
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I kind of see what Ru is getting at. The Ashes of 2005 is a good example for me in that people who have no real interest in the game were celebrating as though it meant something to them. For those of us who have spent hours watching and listening (often in the middle of the night) to the likes of Mark Taylor, Alan Border, Steve Waugh et al score loads of runs over the previous 18 years - the Ashes win was particularly important and it felt hard earnt. To be honest it did feel a bit hi-jacked by the bandwagon brigade. I guess that's the way of the world now and the to be fair the fact I felt like that probably says more about me than anything else, i.e. that I'm a miserable sod!
  • Options
    yes low ears.. there was a long thread about this from the cricket snobs at the time. tho if was 2005 it would haveen on another site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes low ears.. there was a long thread about this from the cricket snobs at the time. tho if was 2005 it would haveen on another site.

I know - I remember moaning then. Good that I'm not stuck in the past and can quickly move on isn't it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] If that is an example of your journalism then 2/10 for clarity and presentation but 8/10 for getting a response from your readers.

And your qualifications for giving such marks are....?
  • Options
    Glory boy me, I watched Torville & Dean win gold in ice skating, GB win gold in the hockey, England rugby win the WC, England win the Ashes twice. Never been to a home or or away game at any of them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Glory boy me, I watched Torville & Dean win gold in ice skating, GB win gold in the hockey, England rugby win the WC, England win the Ashes twice. Never been to a home or or away game at any of them.

LOL

If you have a passion for a sport then wouldn't you want more people to see it and start to understand why you care for it so much.

For every 100 glory boys like TCE 1 or 2 will get the bug full time and maybe start playing that sport as well. All good IMHO.
  • Options
    It is the extra tension and pressure of a major event that makes sports that might not otherwise capture the imagination more interesting. I love golf and tennis but the weekly mickey mouse tournaments leave me cold. The best players in the world aim to produce their best at the majors or at the Olympics and they compete against each other and that is why major sporting events are so watchable. I detest F1 for example but even I found the end of the race when Hamilton won the World Championship incredibly tense and exciting because I enjoy the unpredictability of sport.
  • Options
    I just sat here and read this thread (for some strange reason) and it has made my head hurt
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Glory boy me, I watched , England win the Ashes twice.

Why only twice? Where were you in 86/7, 85, 81. 78/79, 77 etc etc....?
  • Options
    I love the Skeleton.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a brilliant thread now lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]This is a brilliant thread now lol.

yeah good effort Rupert :-)
  • Options
    hehe
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Glory boy me, I watched , England win the Ashes twice.[/quote]

Why only twice? Where were you in 86/7, 85, 81. 78/79, 77 etc etc....?[/quote]

Watching John Curry and Robin Cousins win gold in the ice skating.
    Amy Williams, my new hero.
  • Options
    She looks quite fit.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]She looks like she has no tits.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]She looks quite fit.

QUITE FIT!!!! how long have you been able to be so fussy? ; )

It was a bit concerning when I heard the Canadians said "there were issues with her helmet" but they must been talking about the Slovakian womens weightlifting champion.
  • Options
    I meant fit as in fine physical condition to compete at the winter games.

Is there some other connotation on the word "fit" that I'm not aware of.

: - )
  • Options
    LOL Henry
  • Options
    Is this kid for real?

Dear oh dear.....