Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sports people only care about when the main event is on.

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Well done to the girl. However, if she had approached the course how i've been saying she would have won by more than half a second.
  • Options
    Following your myopic logic Ru, how did you ever start watching any sport in the first place?

As you have discovered when you began to watch the sports you like, there is a first time for everything, (except in your closed world), so why not start by watching a big event?
  • Options
    That's what I like about the Olympics and other non-mainstream sports. Once every four years you get to watch the luge, or ski-jumping or archery etc in the summer olympics. It'd get pretty boring watching these sports week-in-week-out.
  • Options
    I watch sports i dont normally watch just like i watch the election results when i'm not normally tuning into the parliment channel. I do it because it intrests me at the time. I also do it for knowledge you never know when you'll be in some crappy little pub doing a quiz, and they ask you a question about that sport you never normally watch but just that once you did. And you can say Oh yes i know who won the 2008 grand national or i know who won the womens skeleton at the 2010 winter olympics. Thats why i watch varied sports and not just those with a ball in
  • Options
    The Parliament channel yesterday showed the BBC's Election Night Special from 1974, the first one I think. Very interesting.