Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bugle

13»

Comments

• Options
    You need to be built like Kate moss to get behind those booth tables ,they should all be taken out and replaced. Thats where they need new tables.

I agree about The Bugle. I much prefer it there.
  • Options
    Think ill stick with the Lib

Decent pint
    Quick friendly service
    Decent people
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Think ill stick with the Lib

Decent pint
    Quick friendly service
    Decent people[/quote]

Never been in there. Do you need to be a member?
  • Options
    No it's £1 to get in.
  • Options
    I'd go for Barts anytime. It's cleaner than other Charton boozers and the club profits from it. The staff aren't that bad, are they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Think ill stick with the Lib

Decent pint
    Quick friendly service
    Decent people

Never been in there. Do you need to be a member?

You do to stand under the brolly ; )
  • Options
    Bartrams is a superb facility that is lacking in management. The screen is poor but could be better if it was adjusted and tweeked on the focus. At the last game it went off twice in the first half of the man u everton game so gave up and left.
    As for the beer, if you dont drink gassed up lager the offering is poor. It's John Smiths only which is crap. But even that is better than the John Smiths served in the concourse in the North Stand.

So put some effort into Bartrams and it will be packed.
  • Options
    I suspect alot of people avoid Bartrams assuming it will be packed and they'll never get served, which in reality is probably a million miles from the truth.

they don't even need a big screen in there, those (projecter) things are crap, just a couple of decent sized flat screen TV's
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I suspect alot of people avoid Bartrams assuming it will be packed and they'll never get served, which in reality is probably a million miles from the truth.

they don't even need a big screen in there, those (projecter) things are crap, just a couple of decent sized flat screen TV's

Went there for a few games but the big screen is so sh*t we gave up.
  • Options
    Totally agree. The big screen in there is utter rubbish. But if we can't afford two decent flat screens then at least please adjust, service, repair or what ever it takes to make the existing big screen work properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]BRTD - yesterday I checked what ales they do in the Bugle. They serve IPA, Youngs and Bombardier. And Tetleys i think.[/quote] Thanks Curb-it. IPA and Bombadier sounds good to me. The Oak did these last season but, like London Pride, have stopped providing them. I'll definitely be at the Bugle on Saturday.
  • Options
    Do they have ale at the Lib, does anyone know?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Do they have ale at the Lib, does anyone know?

Yes
  • Options
    The Bugle closed last night for 3 weeks for a refurb/spruce up. Just in case any of you drink in there, you will need to find somewhere else tomorrow night. The Swan is in very good nick these days so if you prefer drinking in the Village you could squeeze in there. They say they will be back open for the 20th.

• Options
    You got me! Read quite a few posts before I noticed the 2010 dates.
  • Options
    I usually park in the bugle then go in there for a few. Wonder if the car park around the back is still open during these 3 weeks
  • Options
    don't want any Bugleites coming in the Swan thanks very much.
  • Options

I usually park in the bugle then go in there for a few. Wonder if the car park around the back is still open during these 3 weeks

Dont see why not, you cant close it off. Unless its full of building stuff?
  • Options
    So I went in to the newly done up Bugle pre match but couldnt get through the door so went in after the game. When it was still just as mobbed.

Looks much better. From what I can make out the blokes loos have had a good make over, in fact if you go in one side its been extended to the loos out the back end so you can go in either way. They have also put ladies loos in down the other end too and have more tables and chairs that end.

So I think the Village's pubs have the best going from them what with the Swan's makeover and now the Bugle.

Thank god. somewhere decent to drink in at last.

• Options
    B - is there a reason that the majority of your critique on the Bugle is about the gents loos!!!

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ha... no. Only that i've always heard the gents' loos were a bit rough round the edges. The ladies weren't much better!

Mind you no pub in the area can come close to the Anchors!

I popped down there last night to sort out my sisters b/d party. Live singing on a Monday night with a free food buffet. Cracking pub.
  • Options
    Was good on Saturday, wished we would have stayed there.

Recommended.
  • Options
    I was there with my lad on Saturday before the game. Much , much better than before. Only critisism was there was no sound from the new bid projector screen.
  • Options
    Is The Bugle still home fans only these days? 
  • Options
    Great podcast. I love Andy Zaltzman. 
  • Options
    Is The Bugle still home fans only these days? 

No it's not, but you don't get too many away fans in there, although when we played Brighton it was pretty mixed.

• Options
    Got worried then. Thought this was going to be another Charlton pub to close down.