Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Late kick off show - (1/3 - Parky on tonight)

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
How do Watford youth get ten times the coverage of our 1st team ???

Comments

• Options
    Utter waste.

What's the point of it?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]our 1st team

*beams with pride*

;-)
  • Options
    You lot won't be pleased with anything unless you can watch a half hour programme just about Charlton. It's more than League 1's ever had, and it's probably more than we ever had in the Prem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]You lot won't be pleased with anything unless you can watch a half hour programme just about Charlton. It's more than League 1's ever had, and it's probably more than we ever had in the Prem.

That wasn't my issue. I asked how a Watford youth game got more coverage. Completely different to what your talking about
  • Options
    Yea lets try and stick to the point of the thread. Why Watford would get more coverage than our first team i dont know also i thought that show was about teams in the Soth East i would have said Watford are in Hertfordshire not really South East but i spose as near as dam it.

[cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]You lot won't be pleased with anything unless you can watch a half hour programme just about Charlton. It's more than League 1's ever had, and it's probably more than we ever had in the Prem.

Yes your right i will not rest until we get our own show to replace the football league show on staurday night. And no one else ever gets any coverage just Charlton :-)
  • Options
    never seen it, but surely they do weekly 'special' reports on various teams etc??....as said above, I dunno what people expect!, the bbc's current football league coverage is better than it's ever been !
  • Options
    But they don't show anymore than they do on the Football League show, plus online extended highlights of each club on a Monday morning. Not to mention SSN showing the goals all weekend.

Not complaining that there is another Football show but just questioning the point of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]But they don't show anymore than they do on the Football League show, plus online extended highlights of each club on a Monday morning. Not to mention SSN showing the goals all weekend.

Not complaining that there is another Football show but just questioning the point of it.

get what your saying, just can't really see the point in people moaning about it..
  • Options
    As Eltham says - they do a "report" on something each week..........just so happens that this week it was on Watfords Youth team. They have done a piece on Palarse & Millwall if I remember correctly.

My only gripe is that they showed less of our action that what the BBC show on-line and what was shown on Sat night ! - They could have cut down the Watford piece by a minute or two and shown another 30 secs of action of the regional teams "highlights" they showed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    our 1st team ???

'ave that you dirty 'ammers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]As Eltham says - they do a "report" on something each week..........just so happens that this week it was on Watfords Youth team. They have done a piece on Palarse & Millwall if I remember correctly.

My only gripe is that they showed less of our action that what the BBC show on-line and what was shown on Sat night ! - They could have cut down the Watford piece by a minute or two and shown another 30 secs of action of the regional teams "highlights" they showed.

Have to agree with Golfie, no issue with them doing an in depth report but not at the expense of any of the actual action, cut down on the chit chat and show more clips of each game even if it was a 0-0.
  • Options
    I have been told that Parky is on it tonight...but if im wrong don't shoot the messenger!!
  • Options
    Classic start to a show "at the time of recording Neil Warnock was still manager of Palace... if that's no longer the case the next few minutes are going to be pretty pointless." And Parky's on with Dougie Freedman.
  • Options
    Is the voiceover for the Brighton game the infamous Emma?
  • Options
    Was it me or did Parky almost burst out in laughter just before saying Palace were a big club. lol

he was saying about how Mooney gets chances and is a sign of a good player, if he puts them away too. :-(
  • Options
    I'm stuck with the Midlands version of this. Robbie Savage struggling over what to call Nottingham Forest's ground. "The City Gr... The Cit... Nottingham Forest's ground". That'll keep the Derby faithful happy enough.
  • Options
    hahaha - typical millwall fan that.

a girl. ;-)
  • Options
    taped it, worth watching ?
  • Options
    Yup, I think so Bart.
    Nothing special mind, but worth watching
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I'm stuck with the Midlands version

If you have access to sky you can tune into bbc1 london.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On iplayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00r611r/Late_Kick_Off_London_and_the_South_East_2010_Episode_7/
  • Options
    some cracking footage of Parky from 22 years ago
  • Options
    On that 'your place or mine' feature, anyone notice what game the Millwall bird will be hosting?

Should be bit more lively than barnet 0-0 bury!
  • Options
    Millwall have done a great PR job by showing the type of fan they attract to the club, i was thinking that Uncle, that Barnet bloke wont know what has hit him and the Irish fella will be wetting himself
  • Options
    Parky, "Charlton ......a lot of supporters from the Kent area".

I wonder if Mr Scallywag was watching that from the comfort of his Priest Hole.....?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Millwall have done a great PR job by showing the type of fan they attract to the club, i was thinking that Uncle, that Barnet bloke wont know what has hit him and the Irish fella will be wetting himself[/quote]
    Yeah, I reckon he must be the most timid Belfaster ever. Quite a nice little feature that, though. I think it's a good show. I think it's valid to look at aspects of the game peripheral to the team. I'm interested in youth teams and fans perceptions. It's better than watching some cnts dancing, anyway.
  • Options
    Look, we had plenty of coverage when in the Prem L but we all got fed up with the same old story same old video of back to the Valley etc. Oh how we would suffer that now.
    this is what you get in league 3.
    Im sure if our youth team made it to the final or we were all over others every week then there may be a special report.
    I would like to think that this would be something that our scouts would be looking at so that no other young stars slip the net and end up at clubs like Man u when they could have a great future at they're local club.
  • Options
    There's someone like John at every club.
    Who they referring to at the Valley?
  • Options
    Did anyone watch? im just starting to watch as boss out... and starts off with Neil harris and the your place or mine section. Not sure i can watch anymore.
  • Options
    Kenny Jackett studio guest.

I dont know why i put myself through that. Only need to watch the first 12 mins.