Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I won't be going to anymore games this season...

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
As I'm going into hospital on Saturday for a hip replacement. Normally, I'd be gutted because Charlton's been part of my life since 1965 but after last night's performance I think it's a blessing in disguise. If we play like that for the rest of the season we'll be lucky to get into the play-offs.

Comments

• Options
    good luck R, hope it all goes ok.

We'll have a hula hoop ready for you for the start of our Championship campaign in August :-)
  • Options
    Yeah i was going to post something silly, but then read your post all the best mate. hopefully when all is well on bother parts you'll be back soon cheering on the Boys/Lads

Wishing you a speedy recovery mate
  • Options
    All the best with the hip replacement. I doubt you will miss anything worthwhile football wise.
  • Options
    All the best
  • Options
    surely you're only out of action for 6 weeks?

good luck.
  • Options
    Can you take Lloyd Sam with you and get his feet replaced?

Good Luck!
  • Options
    your posts make you seem younger than your actual age ...... good luck with your hip-op
  • Options
    Good luck. Hope all goes well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]good luck R, hope it all goes ok.

We'll have a hula hoop ready for you for the start of our Championship campaign in August :-)

Other crisp based products are also available.

Hope it goes well - my wifes elderly uncle had replacement a few weeks ago.
    They had him up and walking in 48hrs and discharged on day 4 !!!
  • Options
    All the best - hope Mrs VM is on hand with lots of TLC ;-)

And if we go on a storming run to automatic promotion from here, we'll know who to give the credit to!

Hxx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mate had a hip replacement a few years ago. He asked the doctor what the cause of the problem was.

"Oh, just wear and tear really ... it's old age."

"Doesn't make sense" replied the erstwhile victim. "The other one is the same age and that's fine."

I'm here all week.
  • Options
    Good Luck
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]surely you're only out of action for 6 weeks?

good luck.

What I've been told is that I won't be able to drive for 8 weeks and 12 weeks to recover from the surgery
  • Options
    good luck vm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Can you take Lloyd Sam with you and get his feet replaced?

Good Luck!
    I'd rather he took Burton and Akpo. Put Burton's brain into Akpo's body, sell the leftover player to Gillingham.

Then we'll have a big strong striker with a good football brain, a bit of pace and a good touch. Maybe give him Bailey's feet for the finishing ability and we'll have a £5m striker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]your posts make you seem younger than your actual age ...... good luck with your hip-op

I'm 50 but still think I'm 21
  • Options
    Hope you back to full fitness soon fella.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]

good luck.

What I've been told is that I won't be able to drive for 8 weeks and 12 weeks to recover from the surgery

In Charlton speak that could mean you'll be out til Christmas.
  • Options

good luck.

my dad was six weeks for driving im sure but it was 7 by the time he got in the car due to bad weather and he's 75. Anyway you should have a driver to take you and you can use the lift at the valley - you can get out of the tortue that easily ... :-)
  • Options
    Good luck mate.

Maybe to silence Ollie you could lend him your ST for the rest of the campaign ;o)

Get well soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Double trouble in the rubble bubble
  • Options
    50 is still very young for that op R! You paying for all those fences you jumped in your yoff? Good luck mate x
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]50 is still very young for that op R! You paying for all those fences you jumped in your yoff? Good luck mate x

I was never that agile...I've run through a few brick walls and thrown myself off the side of mountain in my time, though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]50 is still very young for that op R! You paying for all those fences you jumped in your yoff? Good luck mate x

I was never that agile...I've run through a few brick walls and thrown myself off the side of mountain in my time, though.

Does this signal the end of your skiing career Valley?
  • Options
    Hope it goes well VM...
  • Options
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Whe you are back on your feet at least you will be safe in the knowledge you could outscore the Charlton front line!
    Get well soon ValleyMcC
  • Options
    Good luck and speedy recovery mate.

You might make the Leeds home game yet.

;o)
  • Options
    ValleyMc, hope all goes swimmingly dude, sure it will tho.
  • Options
    good luck with the op vm. i had a hip replacement aged 49 it feels great to be free of pain.
  • Options
    Very speedy recovery VM. Surely with a new bionic hip you should be pressing for a start for the run in ;0)