Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which opponents players have impressed you this season?

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
I've been impressed with a few

Alcock - yeovils young right back and captain
tony (???) Craig - millwall defender who came on late on against us and won everything
mkandawire - marshalled leyton orients defence very impressively

can't think of many more I've seen that have been that startling - but seeing as they're all defenders maybe you could say we don't work them hard enough...

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Noone of Exeter a left winger and Lua Lua last night another left winger off the top of my head

EDIT: thought of another Laurent (?spelling) of Southend
  • Options
    Saunders of Brentford

Hoolahan of Norwich

Guaranteed some smartarse will list all the ex CAFC players
  • Options
    From games i've seen 'live' against us only (17 at the moment in the league)...

Graham Kavanagh
    Clayton McDonald (at the Bescot)
    Dave Martin
    Steve Morison
    Charlie Austin (at the Valley)
    Chris Zebrowski (made to look like Cristiano Ronaldo first game of the season, now at Torquay!)
  • Options
    Pilkington - Huddersfield.
  • Options
    Clive Platt Colchester Away( i think he was who terrorised us that day!)
    Lambert Southampton jupiter(didnt go to this but has impressed me everytime i have seen him on tv)
    Holt Norwich Away, Although lucky with last minute equaliser held ball up well and constant thorn/ox in our defence
  • Options
    i'd agree with makindyre of leyton orient also for away game
  • Options
    Andy Monkhouse of Hartlepool
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Noone of Exeter a left winger and Lua Lua last night another left winger off the top of my head

EDIT: thought of another Laurent (?spelling) of Southend

liked noone - good shout

lualua had no end product. Laurent skinned basey once but that was all I recall
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]liked noone

some people are just hard to please
  • Options
    Lua Lua definitely done Richardson up like a kipper all night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agree that Exeters Noone looked very lively (now at plymouth i believe). Guess we will see him next season :)
  • Options
    Pilkington from Huddersfield is the best shout so far.

I'll agree with the Yeovil right back too

I thought Matt Harrold looked like a good big, strong forward for Wycombe

And the centre half for Northwich Victoria that won everything in the air
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lua Lua

Mcarthy (yeovil big Ginger Centre mid)

Pitman Wycombe

Noone Exeter

gus poyet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i'd agree with makindyre of leyton orient also for away game

Yea he scored their goal in the away game diddnt he. That was one of the best days out this season for me (away at orient)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i'd agree with makindyre of leyton orient also for away game

Yea he scored their goal in the away game diddnt he. That was one of the best days out this season for me (away at orient)

He did mate, yeah was my best away game this season also. lets hope millwall tops that :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i find it hard to be impressed with any of the other teams players. When watching CAFC I get so caught up in us and wanting to win, i think everyone is lucky or we made mistakes etc.

Even in the prem years i woudl think this go home watch the highlights and realise i had just seen seen how well Gerrard, Henry and others had played.
  • Options
    I liked the right back for Swindon, Akinfenwe I think his name, comfortable on the ball for a big man and liked to get forward too.
  • Options
    As soon as i saw the title of this thread the Exeter left midfielder Noone as mentioned above was the one that came straight to mind. Very impressive.
  • Options
    billy panter of swindon
  • Options
    He had a stinker on Sat but McCarthy the Yeovil Keeper looked very good at their place in November.
    Noone at Exeter
    Myles Weston
    Adam Llanna
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adams - the guy Orient had on loan from Leicester.
  • Options
    I pay far more attention to our players, so it's hard to think of any specific players.

LuaLua, Noone and other wingers seem to be mentioned a lot. I bet they they probably frustrate their fans like Sam and Reid do for us. We always hear that away fans think Sam was good, he still frustrates our fans even on a good day.
  • Options
    Ian Goddison - Tranmere
    Lua Lua - Brighton
    Elliot - Brighton
    Bowditch - Yeovil
    Tomlin - Yeovil
    Morrison - Millwall
    McCarthy - Yeovil (away game only!)
    Kavanagh - Carlisle
    Bean - Brentford
    Pilkington - Huddersfield
    Lambert - Southampton
    Laurent - Southend
    Wilbraham - Franchise FC
    Jackson - Gillingham
    Amankhaah - Swindon
    Dan Harding - Southampton
  • Options
    How about that right back on Mon who scored the opening goal..he kept reid quite for most of the game...Calderon i think his name was
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]How about that right back on Mon who scored the opening goal..he kept reid quite for most of the game...Calderon i think his name was
    pretty sure he's the one we were linked with in the summer
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=27231
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]How about that right back on Mon who scored the opening goal..he kept reid quite for most of the game...Calderon i think his name was
    pretty sure he's the one we were linked with in the summer
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=27231

Yeah thats him was brilliant.. imo!!
  • Options
    Just thought i would add carl baker of stockport, i thought he had a very good game against us at edgely also the yeovil keeper at yeovil, top draw saves!
  • Options
    Pilkington and Lalliana are the two best players seen at the Valley this season imo.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yup................. Noone of Exeter certainly caught my eye.
  • Options
    Demitriou?? Leyton orient midfilder very tidy little play right build to be a very useful championship player.

And have to say charlie macdonald.... somthing we don't have little in your face striker who knows how to score.