Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Crest

2»

Comments

• Options
    I love the report about the badges, people could be seen debating the badges all round the ground, and not just saying great april fool, yeah isn't it, etc..
  • Options
    i thought Rodney Stone had something to do with the design of Charltons badge in the 60s,could be wrong.He was a man ahead of his time always coming up with new ideas.God bless you governor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]i thought Rodney Stone had something to do with the design of Charltons badge in the 60s,could be wrong.He was a man ahead of his time always coming up with new ideas.God bless you governor.

Was he with us in the 60's....I have my doubts?
  • Options
    All of the badges are available as keyrings from the CAFC shop for a spiffing £2.99 :o)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]better version[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_643191 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]Charlton Badge 60s.JPG[/div][/ul][/div]

I like this one a lot. At what point did we change the direction of the cross-guard?

I agree with the comments about ours being the best badge. It drives me nuts that that bloody BBC programme can't get it right. Just how difficult can it be to put the sword in the centre of the badge and not out to the side? They make it look really cheap and nasty as did ITV before them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same badge as Henry's and a slightly newer one for you.

EDIT- my new scanner printer copier thing is fantastic
  • Options
    Sound as a pound.Mr Rodney Stone was not behind the Charlton badge but he was with charlton in the 60s ,be it or not in sept 69.Look at link under Rodney Stone.Happy Days.
  • Options
    Believe this was a south east London scooter club a few years back
  • Options
    Falchion. The type of sword on the badge most closely resembles a Falchion. A very popular type in the 14th/15th Centuries because of its ability to cause huge slashing damage to opponents.
  • Options
    That scooter club probably took it from the City's crest:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ahhhhh you are most probably right on that one lol uncanny resemblance
  • Options
    This is my favourite Charlton one though
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've got one of those!
  • Options
    Just looking at that April Fool’s joke and the one with the bird seems to be the inspiration for that weird goggly eyed mascot we had.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Slightly off topic I know and random. But I do honestly believe we have the best crest in world football. 
    Better than this?