Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No trains to London from Kent

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
No trains running into London Bridge, Cannon Street or Charing Cross due to a fire in Bermondsey (hopefully the toolbox!!). High Speed running okay for the rich people though :-)

Comments

• Options
    No trains in or out of london bridge at all. Totally closed at the moment. Had to get off my train at blackfriars. Then realised the poxy tube station is shut there. Pain in the arse
  • Options
    Apparently fire near gas cylinders, could be long delays, HS train excepting normal tickets, fill your boots.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Feck. If you hear anymore can you put it up, have bloody meetings all day.

Otherwise its off to North Greenwich.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Feck. If you hear anymore can you put it up, have bloody meetings all day.

Otherwise its off to North Greenwich.....

Knowing Southeastern, it won't be quick to get sorted even when the fire is out! Trains running into Victoria if you can get one. Otherwise I would use the tube/DLR if you can.
  • Options
    decided to not even bother trying, doesn't sound like anything will move before at least 10am, even then it will be slow I'd imagine.
  • Options
    Not just kent with no trains. People would think the city ended in zone 1 then nothing till kent begins!!

I'm on a bus which I've been on for 20 mins. Not happy. Not well. And no idea when I'll get in to work.
  • Options
    Fire near some gas cylinders egh............like 250 yards away or something??
    Health and safety folks.............health and safety....I despair I really do!!
  • Options
    Why are SE cancelling every other train to Victoria from Bexleyheath, meaning there are twice as many people getting on half the amount of trains?!....they really are c***s.
  • Options
    not even running any trains to Lewisham up the bexleyheath line now (or at least weren't 10 mins ago when I nipped out to get a paper and stopped at Welling to check the situation)
  • Options
    cant even get on a bus at moment in charlton village.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On DLR with WSS.

Overcrowding at Bank causing delays into station. Sitting near front and control told driver to ask passengers to get off train so the service could be regulated. Massive groan. He said he was packed so control said 'ok carry on into Bank then'
    How shit is that? He had no idea of what effect that would have on other trains or the passengers. Grr. So, we go into the tunnel at Bank. Not expecting to emerge in camden anytime soon......
  • Options
    no probs train to lewisham then get dlr to stratford not bank then change at Canary Wharf at get on the bank one there as loads get off.....or get Jubilee line.....
    guess was just lucky
  • Options
    The mrs has jumped on Victoria train at Falconwood.

I'm gonna chance it in an hour.

I'm not a commuter (thank god), this would do my head in everyday.

What pisses me off is BBC London, as an example this morning, don't seem to understand how important uptodate info is for us in SE London/Kent, they're bloody useless.

If you work out how much this costs London's economy you'd think they'd pull their collective fingers outta their arses......
  • Options
    shuttle service till further notice
    sevenoaks to grove park via orpington
    dartford via sidcup to lewisham
    dartford via woolwich to lewisham
    gillingham to dartford via gravesend
    victoria to dartford via bexley heath running norm

speaking to network rail guys in my office poss up to pm rush hour
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]cant even get on a bus at moment in charlton village.
    I had to go to the bottom of the hill- bus to Greenwich then dlr. only 45 mins late
  • Options
    Client rang to cancel meeting in Fetter Lane.

Guess I know why now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]shuttle service till further notice
    sevenoaks to grove park via orpington
    dartford via sidcup to lewisham
    dartford via woolwich to lewisham
    gillingham to dartford via gravesend
    victoria to dartford via bexley heath running norm

speaking to network rail guys in my office poss up to pm rush hour

That means one train every hour out of Bexleyheath. Too much aggro just to get into work.....then you gotta think about getting home.
  • Options
    there r some via bexleyheath that are terminating at lewisham,but thats what network rail are advertising
  • Options
    naffing joke.

DLR from Lewisham to Bank------if you can get to Lewisham that is and if you can get on a DLR train !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]there r some via bexleyheath that are terminating at lewisham,but thats what network rail are advertising

not half an hour ago there weren't, even those were suspended!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh my god is it right you have to walk about 3 miles up and down escalators between dlr bank platform and northern line bank?

Anyway. Above the ground now. Mission. Gutted I got up early to get into work early and now late.
  • Options
    too much aggro. Your gonna have loads of pissed off people all fighting to get from Lewisham into London. Cant be bothered, freezed my nuts off trying to get to work in Jan when the trains were nackered, today off wont be the end of the world!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]there r some via bexleyheath that are terminating at lewisham,but thats what network rail are advertising

not
    half an hour ago there weren't, even those were suspended!

only telling people what i have been told ,as i am in the south west trains contol office at present,i will endevour to inform people what is going on
  • Options
    I'm enjoying my bonus day off :-) I'm not important enough or paid enough for me to go to too much effort to get in when there's transport problems!
  • Options
    Absolute chaos at Lewisham although managed to get on the first DLR that came in..........which was then the slowest train journey ever. Bank station was closed (now re-opened) leading to a queue of trains waiting to get down the line. Took an hour and 15 minutes to go from Lewisham to Bank!
    I pray this fire is sorted by this evening.
  • Options
    bollocks to the lot of it.

and that 422 bus service should be obliterated. absolutely stupid bus route.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]I'm enjoying my bonus day off :-) I'm not important enough or paid enough for me to go to too much effort to get in when there's transport problems!

You must have the same job as me...ditto!
  • Options
    Drove my son to work in Greenwich from Welling at 8.30, only took about 40 minutes by avoiding the main roads, better than I thought.

I'm definitely working from home today.
  • Options
    I've only just got into the office. Left home at 7am this morning and finally walked in here at 10:25am. 3 hr 25 mins to go a journey which normally takes 1hr 15 tops. Can cycle it in less than that. Had I known about the problems before getting to the station, I probably would have done so.

By the sounds of it, I got on the same Victoria service at Rhinosvalley but made the mistake of getting on the DLR at Lewisham. My DLR train got stuck halfway up Deptford Bridge behind a failed train at Greenwich. Didnt move for just over 45 mins. Then finally got off at Limehouse and walked the 10 mins into the office at Mile End Road.