Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No trains to London from Kent

Comments

• Options
    According to the bloke at Sidcup, if as suspected the fire is near gas cylinders then the main stations won't open again today and the cylinders will have to be left to cool for 24 hrs
  • Options
    I work in Swanley, and drove my car in, no problems!
    I'm not helping am I?
  • Options
    Girl I work with from hither green is not in yet. She set off at 8. Got on a dlr to stratford now getting london overground. Lee high road mayhem. Works with temp traffic lights causing a nightmare!
  • Options
    I cant understand if the fire is at South berm how trains run by Southern (which goes through there) are running a reduced service yet south eastern is entirely suspended.

Surely if it's safety reasons there would be no trains at all.

Unless south eastern have realised they already have got our dosh for today and by not running any trains they will make a lot of profit today by not having to pay the fees for using the trakcs and lewisham and london bridge fees.....they wouldnt do that surely?!
  • Options
    I think i am going to go home soon. Getting home in the rush hour is going to be a nightmare with an incredibly reduced service
  • Options
    I wouldnt worry about leaving just yet. A friend is currently on a train to london bridge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Client rang to cancel meeting in Fetter Lane.

Guess I know why now.

He started the fire.
  • Options
    This from Southern Railways

Due to an earlier lineside fire in the South Bermondsey area, Some Southern services into and out of London Bridge are subject to cancellation, alteration and delays of up to 15 minutes may still occur.

Southern tickets are being accepted on all reasonable routes on London buses, London trams, London Underground and First Capital Connect services.
  • Options
    What a nightmare. Left the house at 6:30. Bus late by 10 mins. Got to Abbey Wood Station at 6:50. No trains to London Bridge but trains to Lewisham advertised. Waited... Waited... No trains. Finally decided to get DLR at 8. Took a loverly bus to Woolwich with all the school kids running riot and in rush hour traffic, was not there till 9 then a equally loverly DRL to bank which took another hour.

Ironicly, the girl in my office who lives in the same road as me and always gets in a hour after me, found out about the fire when she got up and went straight to Woolwich. Missing all the traffic and was in work a hour before me.

Really made me look good.
  • Options
    I've got a day off today. Also, I live in Croydon. HTH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From south eastern twitter: Limited Southeastern service now running to London Bridge and Charing Cross. Still no service to Cannon Street http://ow.ly/1dC52
  • Options
    A day of light duties, for me.
  • Options
    If it helps (it probably won't), please take some comfort from us country boys who extend sympathy in all directions. I did my time as a London commuter and wouldn't go there again through choice, but I do sympathise with those who have to.

Anyway, you have to remember that there is always someone worse off than yourself. My journey to work was disrupted this morning - ducks crossing the ford.

Why can't they do it outside the rush hour?
  • Options
    3 hours to get from Greenhithe to Canary Whard. No trains from Greenhithe or Dartford so drove to Barnehurst. Crowded on a train to Lewisham. Next tried to get a DLR which was packed and slow thanks to two broken down trains at Greenwich. Finally staggered into work at 10.15. About 2 hours pay lost because of it....
  • Options
    Anyone know of anything about first capital connect from london bridge?
  • Options
    If its any help to you all I left home this morning at 08.00, drove for 20 mins through the country lanes of Kent and arrived at my office approx 08.20.

No sign of a gas cylinder or a fire and the first coffee of the day tasted sweet.

;-) ;-) ;-)

All joking aside I feel for you all....................I really do.
  • Options
    working from home today, couldn't face that hassle and boss siad not to bother trying.
  • Options
    20 mins, Eltham to Old kent Road, door to door, by Scooter. Bosh!

F**k public transport. I'll never go back to it...
  • Options
    Spankie, you should have got the fastrack to Ebbsfleet & jumped on the high speed. They were accepting our tickets. I was only 10 mins later than normal :-D
  • Options
    Left work now. First capital are bad enough when it is sunny. Give them am actual excuse and mayhem will prevail
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very limited service on the Greenwich/Woolwich line in and out of London Bridge. Would look for alternative routes home.
  • Options
    I stood at F-wood for AN HOUR between 9-30 / 1030, froze my nads off, gave up and came home.

Only plus point was got chatting to a brunette, lovely eyed 18year old hairdresser.

Minus point she was wearing purple ugg boots. . . (she's prolly a spanner....)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Very limited service on the Greenwich/Woolwich line in and out of London Bridge. Would look for alternative routes home.

South Eastern state services are back to normal. We shall see.....
  • Options
    Shame the Javelin was not diverted to Woolwich I would have loved to have annoyed BDL with my Ackworth impression.....
  • Options
    Gutter, i was right up for a bit of spotting tonight. Oh well England vs Eygpt it is than.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Got in at 12.05 left at 8am..... shit service, shit information, gave the BBC London travel website editor grief and suggested he refresh the website before I moaned at his station editor as wel!.....l at least I have found one site that I can nominate for closure at the BBC.
    Was not in particularly happy mood especially as the newshoper site had a far better up to date site

Sorry but speak as I find....
  • Options
    What's happening with the trains tomorrow?

Specifically into London Bridge, Cannon Street and Victoria from Chatham (Gillingham line)