Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Android Phones - Apps

BDLBDL
edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
[cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
[cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Anyone got an Android Phone? If so what Apps do you recommend? Not as many as on the Apple store, but Android Market is growing fast.

Get your own thread! :-)

OK, so anyone else have an Android phone?? Know any goods apps?

Google Sky is awesome!

Comments

• Options
    Andord ..... ???? Fat fingers maybe :p
  • Options
    What you talkin' bout Ricky?
  • Options
    I'm a g1 user, got afka on one too. The absoulte radio app is good, also google specs you take a pic of whatever and does a google search its bloody amazing. Shop savvy and shaazam are good, tube map always handy as is a torch app. There's a blinding free world cup I downloaded its very good. I have had read books such as dracular and the art of war using the e book apps. Also for fun some of the soundboards are funny, and the good ole fart droid is handy for a giggle down the pub, app is use the most is imusic have downloaded 1000's of songs to my phone.
  • Options
    Cheers Adam. Will have a look later. Downloaded Wordpress last week. It's quite useful. I'm told that Sky will launch an Android equivalent of the Score centre soon as well. Sky news App is available now
  • Options
    I upset my mates who have I phones because you can pretty much download every app you can get for an I phone, only bummer is bbc iplayer dosnt always work and you can't download flash or macromedia to watch certain programmes or clips.
  • Options
    iPlayer coming soon! Flash coming to 2.1 soon as well!
  • Options
    Wicked, have you got the g2 or the new google phone, as the g1 and g2 are basically the mum and dad of the google phone, my g1 even has google inprinted on the back, if we could get msn messenger that would be a bonus as no one I know has google I.m., I had blackberrys before but I can honestly say this is the best phone I've ever had, you can tell that because nokia and the others are copying bits like the keyboard and apps.
  • Options
    you can download MSN apps for the android - i have it for the my Magic, although i prefer Google Talk. The Sky news app is great as is the BBC widget - Google Goggles and Layers are going to be great im sure.
  • Options
    theres already an iPlayer app.
  • Options
    iphone 4g will have all of this stuff to and it goes from smart to android
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]iphone 4g will have all of this stuff to and it goes from smart to android

Bog off to your own thread!

[cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Wicked, have you got the g2 or the new google phone, as the g1 and g2 are basically the mum and dad of the google phone, my g1 even has google inprinted on the back, if we could get msn messenger that would be a bonus as no one I know has google I.m., I had blackberrys before but I can honestly say this is the best phone I've ever had, you can tell that because nokia and the others are copying bits like the keyboard and apps.

I've got an Acer Liquid. Running 1.6 on the Snapdragon processor, but underclocked. It's a really great little gadget. Should have 2.1 before the end of the month with all the multi touch functions.
  • Options
    I have a ragtag 5500B R- 124/7. You bangle the fudwack like no other gadget you have ever seen. It has a 4.5 Squig overthrapple than runs at 12.3000 stardate 20-03-17-9. You can measure the volume of your shit with the "winnet" app, you can get "Where's that Juggler" for those emergency club fumbling moments, the New Dehli tuk-tuk timetable app is a bit slow at the moment, but ISAWYOUCOMINGINC assure me that it will be down to .00000012356 tridaseconds by the end of the next minute, which is great.

Sadly as I write this the 5500B R- 124/7A has been released and suddenly I feel so inadequate I have to go and buy one... toodle pip.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I have a ragtag 5500B R- 124/7. You bangle the fudwack like no other gadget you have ever seen. It has a 4.5 Squig overthrapple than runs at 12.3000 stardate 20-03-17-9. You can measure the volume of your shit with the "winnet" app, you can get "Where's that Juggler" for those emergency club fumbling moments, the New Dehli tuk-tuk timetable app is a bit slow at the moment, but ISAWYOUCOMINGINC assure me that it will be down to .00000012356 tridaseconds by the end of the next minute, which is great.

Sadly as I write this the 5500B R- 124/7A has been released and suddenly I feel so inadequate I have to go and buy one... toodle pip.

Feck off Perry you bloody geek. ;-)
  • Options
    for football scores and following the games I use "TjekFootball"
    I've found it really good.

other good ones I use all the time are

UK National Rail Departures
    Tube Status
    Google Places Directory
    Flixter Movies
    Mobisle Notes
    Free Dictionary
    Last FM
    BeebPlayer
    Bebbled (most addictive game I've found and the only one I ever play)
  • Options
    anymoore good great apps for the android market?
  • Options
    Logmein released a couple of weeks ago. Don't have to carry my poxy laptop around with me any more when I'm on call.

Too many others to mention, but Logmein too good to lump in with everything else.
  • Options
    i will need some of these from monday cant wait stoopid at my age
  • Options
    Will try login leroy, I can't watch morrow on my desire says flash not supported any idea if theres a plugin to get around this world fine on world cup games on BBC site
  • Options
    Some of my favourites...

Absolute Radio iAmp (to listen to Absolute Radio)
    Blogger-Droid (to update my blogs)
    beebPlayer (the unofficial iPlayer)
    Compass
    Engadget (app version of the geek-tastic website)
    Google Goggles
    Google Sky Map
    Last.fm
    London Journey (route planner)
    RAC Traffic (live traffic news)
    Record It (set your Sky HD box to record on the move)
    Qype (search your local surroundings for restaurant/pub reviews etc)
    Shazam (identifies almost any music track being played through the speaker)
    Sky News
    Spirit Level Plus
    Spotify
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Will try login leroy, I can't watch morrow on my desire says flash not supported any idea if theres a plugin to get around this world fine on world cup games on BBC site

Flash will come when your Desire gets upgraded to Froyo - What Network you on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Google Maps, London Tube, Taskiller, Betterkeyboard, Layar, Gentle Alarm, MybackupPro, SleepNow, Unitconverter and Sportstap are all good.

Doesn't seem to be many great games though? Or anything that seems as sleek as what the iphone seems to do.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Froyo for Desire is already out and flash is working (although the interface doesn't always work that well). The other important thing Froyo does is allow you to transfer your apps to SD card, which is vital if you don't want your on board storage to run out quickly.

For footie scores I use Soccer Score Centre from Pants Software. It's brilliant, seriously, think it's been designed by someone who knows what it's like to need scores on a Saturday afternoon. Based around Sky's Score Centre and links in well with Sky Sports too.

Otherwise must haves include Advanced Task Killer, Facebook, Youtube, BBC News, and Dolphin Browser HD. Smooth Calendar adds a decent 2-line calendar widget, if you've not yet got the Froyo update, myPlayer is iPlayer for Android (otherwise iPlayer works fine from the browser).

The best and most addictive game I've found so far is Hyper Jump, very simple, bit silly but can't put it down.

I do find the comments and ratings are on the whole very useful in gauging whether I'll like an app, incidentally.
  • Options
    I love the find a toilet app, but that might just be a personal thing!
  • Options
    Hi Dave I'm on t mobile. I meant to say that I couldn't watch match of the day on it, dam predictive messaging. How do I get froyo?
  • Options
    You are all flippin' mental.
    More money than sense...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]I love the find a toilet app, but that might just be a personal thing!

Someone should tell Carter about this App could save him any future accidents.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]You are all flippin' mental.
    More money than sense...

Hello Perry you Luddite ;-)

[cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Hi Dave I'm on t mobile. I meant to say that I couldn't watch match of the day on it, dam predictive messaging. How do I get froyo?

It will come via an update from T-mobile - Vodafones is due soon, so is Three's.

I found this link about T-Mobile and their update, shouldn't be too long now
  • Options
    come on then whats the app that you use the most?

What app should i not leave home without?

Best Free game? (tightarse)

Best joke/adult app ?
  • Options
    Thanks bdl I found an app called myplayer which let's me watch stuff from player in the mean time. I wonder why they changed the format from the world cup? Has anyone got sky player to work?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]You are all flippin' mental.
    More money than sense...

It really isn't that expensive, I'm paying about 18 a month for my Desire. I also couldn't care less about models or specs or what the latest operating system is but it is extraordinarily useful for streamlining all the annoying little tasks in life. Look past the gushing geekiness of some owners and you have an incredibly useful little device to keep organised and occasionally entertain or inform you in dull moments. Not much more to it than that.