Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Android Phones - Apps

2»

Comments

• Options
    just put my whole itunes library on mine couldnt do it the way rothko suggested but i managed to transfer the music into the phone anyhow and it connects to my ideck so i am bloody chuffed to pieces.. just need some hints on useful apps and must have games
  • Options
    crakin thread- just getting my Dersire loaded up- sat navs good as well.

Is there an "extend my battery life" app though... ;-
  • Options
    With the Froyo 2.2 update, Battery life is supposed to improve by up to 20-25% so I've read somewhere.

If you go to Settings > About > Battery... you can see what is and what isnt using the battery...
  • Options
    that's handy to know- many thanks Johnboy.. I think what is really using the battery is the fact that I'm on it all day long-

BTW- any idea how I get to see text message delivery reports?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]With the Froyo 2.2 update, Battery life is supposed to improve by up to 20-25% so I've read somewhere.

If you go to Settings > About > Battery... you can see what is and what isnt using the battery...

Updated my Hero which was 1.6 to 2.1...and it's miles better...except it's fucked up the Androd Market & I can't download anything!

HTC advice is to perform a factory reset. Great.
  • Options
    My problem with Andorid is all the shitty skins that manufactures slap on these phone, the Nexus one looked great cause it was running stock Andorid and you didn't have to wait for a revised skin before getting Froyo, you wait and see how long you have to wait for Gingerbread
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]With the Froyo 2.2 update, Battery life is supposed to improve by up to 20-25% so I've read somewhere.

Updated my Hero which was 1.6 to 2.1...and it's miles better...except it's fucked up the Androd Market & I can't download anything!

This is probably irrelavent SLL but when I couldnt download from the Android market it was becuase i changed my email address from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com. I switched it back and it worked.

I was looking forward to 2.2 update just for Flash 10.1. Now i know it will reduce my battery use plus save apps to SD I am really impressed. I have to wait until end of Sept for the Milestone update and hopefully the release won't be as dragged out as the 2.1. Exciting times.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]You are all flippin' mental.
    More money than sense...

It really isn't that expensive, I'm paying about 18 a month for my Desire. I also couldn't care less about models or specs or what the latest operating system is but it is extraordinarily useful for streamlining all the annoying little tasks in life. Look past the gushing geekiness of some owners and you have an incredibly useful little device to keep organised and occasionally entertain or inform you in dull moments. Not much more to it than that.

I've got an HTC desire with Vrigin on a 24 month contract at £25 per month, so you have got a good deal there. Great phone though, voted no.1 internet phone in the world, Ipod came third I believe. Carrying it in your jeans / trouser pocket is a problem though because of its size. Don't like to take it out when going for a heavy session as always fear losing it.

Don't understand what Froyo and Milstone etc. is, have I missed out on something here?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

This is probably irrelavent SLL but when I couldnt download from the Android market it was becuase i changed my email address from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com. I switched it back and it worked.

I was looking forward to 2.2 update just for Flash 10.1. Now i know it will reduce my battery use plus save apps to SD I am really impressed. I have to wait until end of Sept for the Milestone update and hopefully the release won't be as dragged out as the 2.1. Exciting times.

Yep I looked into that, but I haven't changed my googlemail address, just probably because my Hero is out of date now and can't handle this upgrade!
  • Options
    Rothers - That's the beauty of Android - It's not clone like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decided to give up my iphone and replace it with the S3 mini. (Once vodafone get their arse in gear and release it)

What are the essential apps and I need a navigation app as I have tom tom on my iphone.
  • Options
    Recently changed from iphone and have got the Samsung galaxy s3. Enjoying it so for but have hardly got any apps
  • Options
    Google navigation is free and a good choice for sat nav
  • Options

Google navigation is free and a good choice for sat nav

Is it turn by turn and does it use data?

• Options
    Just get
    Jaws revenge
    It's all you need on ur phone
  • Options
    If you want a sat nav get navfree it's a free Sat nav that has never let me down and uses no data.
  • Options
    other question is how easy is it to transfer my music collection over from itunes?
  • Options
    Tasker!!!!! The greatest app I've ever had in my life...Look it up!
  • Options
    Get iSyncr, then you can still use iTunes to manage your music and transfer it to your Android.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

other question is how easy is it to transfer my music collection over from itunes?

Samsung Kies will automatically take your music from iTunes.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Samsung Kies is a horrible piece of software though, imo.

I like being able to use iTunes because none of the competitor programs that I've tried manage podcasts as well as iTunes does, imo. Others may have a different opinion though.
  • Options
    I downloaded something called easy phone sync from the Samsung website. Transferred music, contacts and photos in a matter of minutes.
  • Options
    Football Manager Handheld. cost me about £8 but well worth it for the hours of game play and the vast array of honours that Charlton were able to achieve under my stewardship. This just shows how realistic the game is ;o)
  • Options
    I use "Double Twist" to play iTunes music on an HTC Android phone.
  • Options
    I've been using Google's Play Music for uploading my iTunes stuff, seems very good so far
  • Options
    Looks like I may have to spend a few quids just to get the ones I have on iOS