Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf Course Help...

Trying to arrange a game with my Brother and Dad on Tuesday as we very rarly get out together we fancied playing somewhere different and nice but no too expensive...

anyone got any recomendations?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Where do you live?...i mean wheres local, im not inviting myself round.
  • Options
    sorry Crayford. I normally play Birchwood, Cray Valley, Austin Lodge, Shoreham, Pedham Place
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]sorry Crayford. I normally play Birchwood, Cray Valley, Austin Lodge, Shoreham, Pedham Place

All in the same round? You're worse than me.
  • Options
    Nizels?

Try London Club, got some decent mid week deals on until end of March

West Malling.?
  • Options
    Lullingstone isnt bad, bit hilly though.
  • Options
    Also Kent and Surrey down in Edenbridge.

Not played it personally but hear good reports, I've got a society day there in April
  • Options
    westerham?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]westerham?

Great course, though you may see Mr Noades in the bar!!
  • Options
    Southern Valley if you fancy a linkish type course. Nice and open and very few trees. Thong turn off (which is now closed) on the A2.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]

If you do, I recommend a 7 iron ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    northforeland lovely course always in great nick great views along the coast maybe a bit far but they do great deals if you want to travel then its well worth the trip.
  • Options

nice course not to far, my mate played there last week said it was in brilliant condition.
  • Options
    Nizels is nice as is Redlibbets - both in the 2-for1 scheme if you have vouchers
  • Options
    good pitch and put not far from Red Barn
  • Options
    Thamesmead?
    Always found the seventh hole quite tricky (the one with the burnt out Astra on the fairway).
    Also, someone had managed to curl one out directly into the hole on one of the greens.
    Is that classed as an hole in one?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Thamesmead?
    Always found the seventh hole quite tricky (the one with the burnt out Astra on the fairway).
    Also, someone had managed to curl one out directly into the hole on one of the greens.
    Is that classed as an hole in one?

A man made obstruction! no nearer the pin, dropped ball 2 club lengths. Or slap a short 6 iron through the broken windscreen ; )
  • Options
    London Club is your best suggestion on here so far have played there lots of times its tough but good fun. I also have a feeling there is handicap restrictions on parts of the course.
  • Options
    nizels is lying very wet at the moment, as is hever castle.
    i have been playing different courses using a discount website.
    i don't know how they make their money but can highly recommend tudor park fo £15 near maidstone.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: shirty5[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]westerham?[/quote]

Great course, though you may see Mr Noades in the bar!![/quote]

If you do, I recommend a 7 iron ; )[/quote]

I'm a member at Westerham (and the other 3 courses in the Altonwood Group). A couple of temporary greens still and three matted tees. West Malling is good for midweek- just rubbish at the weekend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]westerham?

I'm a member at Westerham (and the other 3 courses in the Altonwood Group). A couple of temporary greens still and three matted tees. West Malling is good for midweek- just rubbish at the weekend.

West Malling - Why is it rubbish at weekends mate i have wanted to play this one for a while whats the course like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

West Malling - Why is it rubbish at weekends mate i have wanted to play this one for a while whats the course like.

Playing there on the 19th, nice course and have heard it gets very busy at weekends.
  • Options
    O really yea its not nice when it gets busy and you have to wait several hours at the first tee before anyone can do anything. This is why i stay clear of pay and play courses if i can.
  • Options
    West Malling is a member's course - but you can't book tee times, so what happens is there are 3 or 4 groups within the club membership and if you turn up at the wrong time you get stuck waiting for an hour or so before you can tee off - and that's even with 2 x 18 hole courses there.
  • Options
    A long distant ex girlfriend of mine had an accident at the Thamesmead course.
    She was hit between the first and second hole.
    I couldnt find space for a band aid.
  • Options
    There's also Mid-Kent in Gravesend, about £25 mid-week or Knowle Park in Sevenoaks. Cob-Tree in Maidstone have 1 tee time in 3 open to visitors, short but not bad.
  • Options
    West malling was very good when it had 1 18 hole course then they made it 2 and some of the holes are bloody stupid
  • Options
    Ended up playing Westerham GC - Really good course and one I would recomend! £30 18holes and Buggy
  • Options
    Used to like High Elms.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]Ended up playing Westerham GC - Really good course and one I would recomend! £30 18holes and Buggy[/quote]

Glad you liked it - it's still a little damaged from snow and ice but getting into good shape for the summer!
  • Options
    Off to East Sussex National for two days of golf and debauchery.

Worked 8am till 11.30pm yesterday, and started work again at 4.30am this morning. Reckon i'll fall asleep by the 6th !