Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valentine's Day

WSSWSS
edited January 2007 in Other Football and Sports
Is this too much for my lovely other half??

I am thinking about getting her Killers tickets in March...the concert is in Paris and includes accommodation.

I'm a fan of The Killers and she is as well so i of course get something out of it as well.

The only doubt i have is that i have only been with her for 10 months and am i setting myself up for a fall by doing something so outrageous so early on in a relationship and not living up to expectations when i run out of money and/or desire to do great stuff in the future?!?!

Use this thread to let us all know what you're all doing for Valentine's Day as well...

Comments

• Options
    i think she'd be chuffed with that. if you like her then why not and obviously if you can afford it even better.

just be prepared to let her know you cant top that every year/b'day/xmas!
  • Options
    Go for it WSS! Go all out to tie them down, and then once you're engaged/married you can become a tightwad....

Let's face it, they do the same (loads of makeup, nice clothes, look after themselves) and it all goes downhill once married...

;-)
  • Options
    how do you know? you're not getting married tll june?

this valentines day, i'll hopefully spend it in our new home! its also anniversary!
  • Options
    As Suzi says you had better let her know that you are really pushing it out as it is your first Valentine together. Otherwise she will start telling you near to her birthday that she has never been to Rome ................

I am going to do a West End show , restuartant and then back home to the love chariot ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]As Suzi says you had better let her know that you are really pushing it out as it is your first Valentine together. Otherwise she will start telling you near to her birthday that she has never been to Rome ................

I am going to do a West End show , restuartant and then back home to the love chariot ;-)

obviously you'll have to fit walking your dog in there somewhere....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Go for it WSS! Go all out to tie them down, and then once you're engaged/married you can become a tightwad....

Let's face it, they do the same (loads of makeup, nice clothes, look after themselves) and it all goes downhill once married...

;-)

Has anyone told you that BJs are also included in that list?

WSS - Go for it fella. She'll love and by the sounds of it you'll have a great time too.
  • Options
    LOL

It will most probably be West End show, restuarant, and then walk the dog.............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Go for it WSS! Go all out to tie them down, and then once you're engaged/married you can become a tightwad....

;-)

is that your plan then medders??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]how do you know? you're not getting married tll june?

this valentines day, i'll hopefully spend it in our new home! its also anniversary!

I've done my research....
  • Options
    not a big fan of the valentines gimmick.

you do the cooking, make a big deal at home, she sees you're making an effort, you save on the overpriced restaurant etc.

i'd go for it WestSide, its nearly a year not just a few weeks. Tell her you've gone to such lengths because she is such a special lady. Tell her everything she wants to hear. If you gonna change tact, do it at a later date, just enjoy the benefits for now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]

;-)

Has anyone told you that BJs are also included in that list?

Yeah I had heard about that. They do some pretty good contraptions on eBay now though....
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]

;-)

is that your plan then medders??

Too right it is!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Don't spoil the treat by saying "Don't think you're getting this every year". You are both into seeing bands live then great and Paris can be fun depending on what you like

You could always suggest that she thinks of something romantic and different to do next year (shows your commitment) to get her thinking but add "of course you don't have to spend as much or travel as far as I did this year. Just as long as we are together"
  • Options
    i'm glad you posted Henry, makes me feel safe! lol

ta everybody
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]i'm glad you posted Henry, makes me feel safe! lol

ta everybody

I'm not sure how to take that? : - )
  • Options
    you just see so many points of view at once - very good
  • Options
    Very nice idea WSS, my missus would be well up for that, she loves The Killers.

I used to pull the stops out at Valentines when we first met, these days I just cook us a meal and fall asleep on the sofa.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Very nice idea WSS, my missus would be well up for that, she loves The Killers.

No offence but a foursome/wifeswapping so early in the relationship may not be the best way for WSS to impress his new love. Just my view mind. ; - )
  • Options
    Not sure what I'm doing, when is it again ;-)
  • Options
    dood, don't do it, you dont need to splash the cash on fancy Paris tripe! I once did the Paris thing with the former Mrs MCS, found it to be a total hovel of a place where they no you are English and boy do they let you no of the hatred/jealousy that they feel! Its a dump man, wouldn't go again if someone paid me! And anyone who starts with the 'you got no class' card then that's bull too, as i have been to Barca (aged 18 and on a stag) and guess what the best bits where, the culture and the buildings/Goudi are something to behold. Paris just don't measure up to most of the 'weekend away' cities!

Anyway length and breadth, i splashed my cash on Ex Mrs MCS and she dumped me after 4 years anyway!

I like Afka's idea, cook her a meal and be nice and romantic, it will be better in the long run, if you do the Paris thing, how can you better that next year, which ultimately is the aim of the game.

Good luck mate, and if you need any other advice just ask ;-) regular 'love doctor' aint i !!
  • Options
    The secret to all this valentines day lark is having a mother in law who has her birthday on 14th February. Wife always sees her mum so I am not allowed to plan anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thing is, he wants to go to paris himself to see the killers, and at the mo, she's a good person to go with, so why the hell not? its not like you're taking her to something that you really don't want to do.

in years to come whichever way it works out, he'll still have seen the killers in paris?
  • Options
    a spanner in the works!

i think i'm going to do it to be honest, the place isnt important, i'm only there for one night and that will be spent at the concert for the majority.

the place is not as important as the person i am going with
  • Options
    edited January 2007
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]the place is not as important as the person i am going with

awww beautiful
  • Options
    he was doing well until he said Goudi.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]he was doing well until he said Goudi.

who me? did i spell it wrong?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]he was doing well until he said Goudi.

I thought it was a name of some spanish artist/architect or something!
  • Options
    It is, i was just using it as an example of an amazing building in barca! He designed and started building it years & years ago i believe, they are still using the blueprints to get it finished! Amazing place
  • Options
    er yes well he was but he's called Gaudi.
    i loved barcelona but i still think paris might have quite a bit to offer. Ive not been since i was 12 tho so couldnt really say now.
    And anyway going to Paris to see the Killers is a very cool thing to do.
  • Options
    i've never been to barcalona but went to paris for a valentines weekend when i was about 18 and it was lovely, it was snowing and just went for loads of long walks, up the champs elysees, to the louvre, up the arc de triomphe and up the eiffel tower 3 times over the whole weekend. one day it was so foggy you couldn't see anything but we went up anyway.

think les and his rabble went there to see oasis on a stag do a few years back