Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ray LaMontagne

Been listening to his Trouble album. My sort of thing. Bit Tom Waits, Ryan Adams-ish.

Any one else heard it or the new album.

Is Ray
1. Naff
2. OK, but a bit mainstream
3. Cool and trendy (like me!)

Comments

• what sort of poncy dickead name is that!

how offensive!
  • thank fook for that thought that was a new signing - thought how we gonna sing that
  • He's ok, but Pete Murray is better.
  • Im really crap on who's what but i think i like his song he had out... lovely voice.
  • Is he the bloke off X factor
  • Yeah, great voice, Curb it . Not sure what the single was. (BTW thanks for comment on NA yesterday)

BDL - Isn't Pete Murray an aging radio DJ from the 1970s or am I out of touch
  • But he should get rid of the "agne" of his surname if he wants to be proper cool
  • i got the album, great voice. sounds like the bloke's voice from gomez which i love.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]But he should get rid of the "agne" of his surname if he wants to be proper cool

I don't know. Gives him a certain something. If I knew anyone with a similar surname I'd suggest that try using it at the weekends with their middle name
  • im not sure the middle name woudl work!
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't know what it is just all the the good Catholic girls I once knew had great middle names from their Saint, - Fatima or Bernadette - so guessed others might have something similar
  • I like gomez 'till that gravelly voice idiot start singing and ruins all there songs

as for Ray he is just the sort of crap xfm think is cool and alternative

in the words of rik on the young ones "you're about as alternative as channel 4!"
  • Tom Waits is a legend, nuff said.
  • Was going to buy that bearded man's CD last week, but all sold out so i left it and bought others.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

BDL - Isn't Pete Murray an aging radio DJ from the 1970s or am I out of touch[/quote]

Yes Henry, face it, You're out of touch!!

Pete Murray is an Australian. Picked up on him when I was out there in May. Sister in law brought me his two albums back when she came back from NZ in October. I've even played some of his stuff at the Valley!
  • Hate it, Xfm overhyped rubbish
  • Tom Waits for no one?
    Step Right Up
    Everyone's A Winner!
    Bargains Galore.
  • not a fan, in the same league as David Grey - music for Mondeo drivers - I say this as an A4 driver ;-)

give me Paul Burch, Bonnie Prince Billy or Jason Rutledge or indeed a whole load of unsung, more talented singer/ssongwriters any day
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]not a fan, in the same league as David Grey - music for Mondeo drivers - I say this as an A4 driver ;-)

give me Paul Burch, Bonnie Prince Billy or Jason Rutledge or indeed a whole load of unsung, more talented singer/ssongwriters any day

Only heard Bonnie Prince Billy who i thought was OK but nothing special. I'll just stick to Joni Mitchel, James Taylor and Carole King in future.
  • god dont you just dislike those people who have supercilious attitudes towards other peoples musical tastes.

St Mary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Indeed they should be using this website instead

http://www.snobsite.com/

But in French it would be Marie LaMontagne. Sounds good to me ;-)
  • Marie LaMontagne - great new singer songwriter. Next big thing I hear. Sound is a bit off beat dub with some R&B but a bit poppy as well and a little funky but not funky house, more hip hop but not hardcore. Sort of Joni meets Aretha via Lilly Allen.

Great voice, trains it with fags, Magners and being a member of the Covered End Choir
  • R & B Sucks big time, worst sort of music ever created, apart from UK Garage which is shiiiiiite!
  • No, old school R&B. Sixties blues and soul music like Aretha. Ask your dad.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]R & B Sucks big time, worst sort of music ever created, apart from UK Garage which is shiiiiiite!

dood, you are totally and utterly bang on correctamundo! R and B is rrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbiiiiiiissssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

Uk garage is total pants too.
  • Old School R&B is good it's that new Gangster crap they play now that is pelt!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Old School R&B is good it's that new Gangster crap they play now that is pelt!

Thing is old people always think the new music is rubbish. You are just getting old P. Face it you're not hip anymore : - )
  • Thing is I am not even Original anymore, Carter said that in yesterdays Sun in the Bizarre page that pioneering DJ Paul Everett played the Princes Trust gig at the Dorchester Hotel, but I didn't some other bugger has nicked my DJ name..!