Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Loan Striker (and/or Keeper)

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
This could be hypothetical with the financial situation but it is my opnion with the latest injuru news we desperatly need a striker in on loan. Burton is out for at least 2 weeks and McKenzie may not play for us again so I think the boars if they can should do all they can to get at least one loan in. The play offs are not guaranteed so we need to ensure we do not fall away even more dramatically. Names that could be available include:
Steve Howard
Tresor Kandol
John Akinde
Niall Ranger
Chris Iwelumo (ok we can dream)

Or do we recall Dickson and/or Fleetwood and Tuna? There is also the option of Waggy upfront, seems to be a popular choice and could have a real impact off the bench through the middle!

Parky did say last week Borrowdale may not be the last of the new faces so this could be an indication there is some money available for wages, now there are injuries to add to the need!

Also in goal with Robbie out for at least 3 weeks, I think we need someone with experience to come in. Randolph full deserves his chance but if he gets injured or sent off, can we rely on Binks. Here are some names that spring to mind:
Andy Marshall
Ben Alnick
Jimmy Walker
Aarron Lee Barratt
Colin Doyle
Iain Turner

Comments

• Steve Howard may be available but Huddersfield were talking to him last week so may be off there. Of the others, no thanks, can't see they are any better than what we have, although they may be better than nothing, and definately not Kandol. Must be players around in PL reserves who can step up and do the job, especially decent youngsters at Chelsea or Utd etc. If not then trawl through the Championship squads. Another keeper is a nessessity although I hope he does the decent thing and gives Randolph a chance first.
  • If we've got any cash to spare I'd like too see a forward with some pace wish we desperately need. We should have gone for Obika earlier in the season. I'd give Wagstaff a go in the mean time. We don't need another big lump up front.
  • Could be a longshot but Sunderland have a very highly rated young striker, think his name is Noble but nowhere near being a regular and has a fine record for youth/resssies.

I know there are parallels with Waghorn but that was in the Champ and Waghorn has actually done fairly well for a decent side this season.
  • edited March 2010
    I imagine that John Akinde wouldn't have big wages so he is a good gamble if we try and sign him.
  • Most prem top championship teams if they have a talented youngster would let them come for the expreience and would keep paying his wages, its when we take 26 to 30 year olds on loan there parent clubs always want a contribution.
  • Febian Brandy who went on loan to Jills earlier in the season made a real impact..they wanted him back but i seem to remember that he rejected the chance to go back there.
  • I'd like Randy to get his chance so an experienced sub goalie like Jimmy Walker would be my choice , I can't see Spurs keeping him next year .Anyone know what happened to Ian Walker after his exit from Bolton ? I also read Tony Warner was released by Hull .Someone like Alnwick would only come if guarenteed games ( a bit like Ikeme ).

Can't see Leeds letting us have Kandol or Ranger so lets look for a Prem youngster. Don't think we could recall Fleetwood and wouldn't fancy Dicko.

In an ideal world I'd also like a centre back such as Elliot Ward from Coventry who has just returned there from Donny
  • edited March 2010
    How about Marlon Harewood? Finished a loan at Newcastle in December as far as I know and done absolutely sod all since then. Wage contribution would make it a non starter though probably.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]How about Marlon Harewood? Finished a loan at Newcastle in December as far as I know and done absolutely sod all since then. Wage contribution would make it a non starter though probably.

He did sod all at Newcastle too.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]How about Marlon Harewood? Finished a loan at Newcastle in December as far as I know and done absolutely sod all since then.

We've already got one Akpo ...... do we want another?
  • Sponsored links:

• I like the sound of bringing in Harewood he could be like what Lita was like for us when we got him that season. Although I really don't see it happening and I'll go on and say that I bet Parky doesn't bring in a striker which is a shame regardless of whether Burton is injured or not.
  • Harewood got 6 goals in 15 games for Newcastle, he would be good in league one with a bit
    of service, surely better than the current options anyway.
  • Queens Park Rangers will send on-loan goalkeeper Carl Ikeme, 23, back to Wolves so manager Neil Warnock can bring in more loan signings. (Daily Star)

If Parky really doesnt want Randolph playing then i reckon we should get Ikeme back, really rate him.
  • I'd give Randolph a go and bring in an older experienced keeper as back-up in case it all goes tits-up. Someone like Simon Royce, Deano etc.
  • see Paddy Kenny is back after his drugs ban, maybe worth a punt.
  • Ikeme was decent for us so would have him back for a month. Harewood also would do a job here but cannot see him coming or us affording him. Also is he not injured?

Fabian Brandy is not a goalscorer looking at his Swansea and Gills records, we need a goal threat. Sam Vokes did well for Bournemouth at this level!
  • Harewoods out for the season so thats a no go!
  • if we bring anyone in it will be a goalkeeper. But do we have the money?
    I could be wrong here but I think Parkinson is operating in a 'someone must go out, before someone comes in' scenario. We only brought in Borrowdale once Jackson's loan had expired despite having no fit left back for the Millwall game. This suggests to me we would need to loan someone out.

Can't you also ask for an emergency loan for a goalkeeper even after the loan window has expired.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Most prem top championship teams if they have a talented youngster would let them come for the expreience and would keep paying his wages, its when we take 26 to 30 year olds on loan there parent clubs always want a contribution.

Do you honestly think any half decent prem managers would give one of their future prospects to PARKINSON!?!?!? They'd have to be off their rockers!
  • Well he's not done a bad job in helping bring Elliot, Solly and Wagstaff through (I know Shelvey hasn't played, we know we all agree he should be in the team). I'd have more confidence in Parkinson managing young players than Pardew, who nearly ruined Wagstaff's confidence completely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Paddy kenny signed a new deal with the blades during his ban, would need matches tho so possible we got kyle reid from them.
  • edited March 2010
    The loan deadline is apparently this thursday so we need to move quickly. Incidentally Obika who scored a few whilst at Yeovil and is currently on loan at Millwall isn't even getting a game for them, he's mainly an unused sub.
    Parky should give Harry a call, as he'd do a job for us and surely Spurs would rather he played for us than sat on Millwall's bench. He can't cost a lot in wages either if he was at Yeovil.
    And whilst he's on the phone to Harry, he can try and get Bostock as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Well he's not done a bad job in helping bring Elliot, Solly and Wagstaff through (I know Shelvey hasn't played, we know we all agree he should be in the team). I'd have more confidence in Parkinson managing young players than Pardew, who nearly ruined Wagstaff's confidence completely.

I'd say if anything, Elliot has gone backwards, certainbly from the start of the season. Expected to see a lot more of Shelvey, Wagstaff AND Solly, so I'd dispute that Parky has done well with any of them.

I'd say Parkinson ispretty much the same as his boyfriend Pardew, just instead of a nasty ego, he's got no spine.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Well he's not done a bad job in helping bring Elliot, Solly and Wagstaff through (I know Shelvey hasn't played, we know we all agree he should be in the team). I'd have more confidence in Parkinson managing young players than Pardew, who nearly ruined Wagstaff's confidence completely.

I'd say if anything, Elliot has gone backwards, certainbly from the start of the season. Expected to see a lot more of Shelvey, Wagstaff AND Solly, so I'd dispute that Parky has done well with any of them.

I'd say Parkinson ispretty much the same as his boyfriend Pardew, just instead of a nasty ego, he's got no spine.
    I don't see how Elliot has gone backwards at all. He's been solid most of the time, but made a few mistakes, which he was always going to, regardless of who the manager is. He's a young goalkeeper, you can't expect him to play consistently well in every game. We don't expect senior players to never have a bad game.

Wagstaff - you really expected more? A player who looked hugely out of his depth under Pardew? He's scored goals, won free kicks and usually had a positive impact when coming on as a sub. He's progressed well, and I know you don't like Parky at all, but a lot of that is down to the way he's been managed. It wasn't long ago he had no confidence and simply couldn't even be used from the bench because of that.

Solly I thought would have made more of an impact, but only because I thought he'd get a run at right back at some point. He was unlucky to get injured when Richardson did. He's simply not had a run of starts in his best position, in fact he's not yet started a league game at right back. That's not his or Parky's fault.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Ikeme was decent for us so would have him back for a month. Harewood also would do a job here but cannot see him coming or us affording him. Also is he not injured?

Fabian Brandy is not a goalscorer looking at his Swansea and Gills records, we need a goal threat. Sam Vokes did well for Bournemouth at this level!

Brandy was wanted by Preston late January...
  • Ikeme looks like he could be out of the R's , I'd welcome him back but as Randy's deputy not first choice.
    I like the sound of Vokes also . He has a point to prove re Leeds.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Paddy kenny signed a new deal with the blades during his ban, would need matches tho so possible we got kyle reid from them.

On the box last night, they did a feature on Paddy Kenny who had just been permitted to start training again.

But not only has he not officially trained for a year - he's not allowed to actually play until April 22nd ......!
  • Imagine how fat Paddy Kenny is if he hasn't trained for a year!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Imagine how fat Paddy Kenny is if he hasn't trained for a year!!

Well, I was watching a wide screen TV
  • Darren deserves a chance yes 100% and binks who has been on loan at dulwich hamlet has been sent off twice so he will have to serve some type of ban Rob has done well but yes he is a decent young gk and perhaps he has been carry this knock for a while to be honest the whole team looks like we have been carry soemthing for a while i also would get back Carl Ikeme he is more then good enough for this level.

the forward line we are desperate for someone dickson fleetwood and tuna i dnt think will ever be the answer tuna perhaps in a few years time
    unless villa will pay harewoods wages i dont think we would get him what about Delfouneso the young villa striker maybe that would be a good target to go for or perhaps Fabio Borini at chelsea maybe alex ferguson can lend us Mame Diouf but i doubt it with owen no out fo rthe season

we do need a forward and gk for sat game tho come on you reds