Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Loan Striker (and/or Keeper)

Comments

• Options
    God that was hard work reading Lee. Any chance of the occassional punctuation mark ?
  • Options
    sorry bud ? was mega busy at work next time ?
  • Options
    Elliot now officially out for 3 to 4 weeks and i think the loan window expires today? So unless they do something quick we will have Randolph and Binks (who is going to be released) as our only fit keepers.
  • Options
    With keepers we might be able to get someone outside the loan window. Not sure how it works though.

When I see this thread bumped for a second I think it's because we've signed someone on loan.
  • Options
    michael misfud unatatched i think
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]michael misfud unatatched i think

Now he could be just what we need. Quick, good finisher and can score from tight angles. Surely he'd be a good signing at this level. All comes down to money though, which we don't have.
  • Options
    if we don't sign a goalkeeper today we will learn a lot about our finances. A promotion challenging club going into the final run in with only one fit goalkeeper!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]michael misfud unatatched i think

Now he could be just what we need. Quick, good finisher and can score from tight angles. Surely he'd be a good signing at this level. All comes down to money though, which we don't have.

His wiki page says he's back home playing in Malta now so i doubt he's earning too much there.
  • Options
    Is Mifsud actually a good finisher? His goalscoring record is actually quite poor. Looks like he's gone back to Malta recently anyway.

At 5 ft 5 being quite a bit smaller than Solly and probably weaker than Mooney he'd frustrate some our fans too much.
  • Options
    at valletta
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think its worse we go into the last 9 games with only 2 fit strikers , who have scored just 8 goals between them all season!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I think its worse we go into the last 9 games with only 2 fit strikers , who have scored just 8 goals between them all season!!

I know it's not a lot but it must be more than 8, Akpo has got 5 and i'm sure Mooney must have more than 3.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I think its worse we go into the last 9 games with only 2 fit strikers , who have scored just 8 goals between them all season!!

I know it's not a lot but it must be more than 8, Akpo has got 5 and i'm sure Mooney must have more than 3.
    its 10, 5 each
  • Options
    Was always going to need back up, so Denzil is not a bad one to get in (if confirmed)
  • Options
    John Akinde is pony - We may as well sign me!!
  • Options
    pretty obvious if you sign one player then you make it a goalkeeper. If short on fit strikers you can always try other players upfront. You can't do that with the goalkeeper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]pretty obvious if you sign one player then you make it a goalkeeper. If short on fit strikers you can always try other players upfront. You can't do that with the goalkeeper.
    Yeah just common sense to me. We've also got Tuna and Perkins we can put on the bench, as both will be here next season. I wouldn't be surprised if one is on the bench on Saturday. Young keepers we have Binks who is going in the summer, and a couple of 16/17 year olds.
  • Options
    One recognised striker fit, and he has scored a net busting five goals, once again we will test the clubs ambition here, nine goes to go, last day of the loan deadline, i would like to see us move for a couple of experienced proven players, we have a chance, so lets not blow it.

What happens in Randolph gets a knock, what do we do for a keeper of Elliot is out for three weeks?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]One recognised striker fit, and he has scored a net busting five goals, once again we will test the clubs ambition here, nine goes to go, last day of the loan deadline, i would like to see us move for a couple of experienced proven players, we have a chance, so lets not blow it.

What happens in Randolph gets a knock, what do we do for a keeper of Elliot is out for three weeks?

See the other thread - we've signed Tony Warner.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]One recognised striker fit, and he has scored a net busting five goals, once again we will test the clubs ambition here, nine goes to go, last day of the loan deadline, i would like to see us move for a couple of experienced proven players, we have a chance, so lets not blow it.

What happens in Randolph gets a knock, what do we do for a keeper of Elliot is out for three weeks?[/quote]

See the other thread - we've signed Tony Warner.[/quote]

not official yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also a rumour going round we are trying to sign Tresor Kandol. Have no clue if its true or not.
  • Options
    oh dear.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The idea of Kandol and Akpo up front will give some on here nightmares. If they both had a good game it'd be "their presence was a right handful for the cart horse centre backs", both having bad games I don't want to even think about.

Kandol, both Sodje's and Warner are players that 5 years ago I'd have never believed would have played for us one day. Just seen as proper lower league players.
  • Options
    Nicky Forster looks on his way out at Brighton, he'll do for me.
  • Options
    Albion boss Gus Poyet is anticipating more loan activity in and out of the club before the 5pm deadline.

Poyet revealed after training today: "There is still plenty of time. I think something will happen between now and five o'clock, in and out."

That could mean the departure of top scorer Nicky Forster, who has lost his place in the team since a contract dispute with Poyet.
    http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/5083843.Forster_could_be_heading_for_Albion_exit/

Decent suggestion, 13 league goals in 23 starts (4 subs), 3 FA Cup goals in 4 starts (1 sub). And we'd have a chance of signing him on a free in the summer, 37 early next season though.
  • Options
    What happened to old Dooogie Freedman?

He could do a job ....... (he always used to against us for Palarse)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]What happened to old Dooogie Freedman?

He could do a job ....... (he always used to against us for Palarse)

Isn't he now Palace's assistant manager?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Also a rumour going round we are trying to sign Tresor Kandol. Have no clue if its true or not.

Can't see Leeds letting him join us. I think he'd be a good signing though. Better than Sodje
  • Options
    Forster would be a great signing IMO.

Old head with an eye for goal. Basically a replacement for Burton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Forster would be a great signing IMO.

Old head with an eye for goal. Basically a replacement for Burton.

Good shout this, plus he's worked with Parky before. Maybe Iwelumo is worth a punt too, even if he could be persuaded to drop down to League one for a month - perhaps a bit unrealistic though...