Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amsterdam...

Can anybody on here let me know of hotels they have stayed in on a stag do that cater for stag/hen groups in large numbers in Amsterdam.

Trying to organise a 30 man stag in July and every hotel has turned us down because there are too many of us.

Obviously we can split up a bit but would prefer to be in the same place.

And it has to be a half decent hotel. Ive stayed in the Bulldog hostel on a stag do years ago and I dont really fancy going back.

Ta.

Comments

• Options
    I thought Amsterdam Hotels etc have now put a policy in of not allowing stag parties

I think you'll have to split up. A shame really.

Come to think of it it might have been dublin
  • Options
    Stayed in the Hotel Tulip!yes Tulip being serious!18 of us great time.Near Amsterdam central and the square
  • Options
    Southend, i can tell ya the best place, right near the action, opposite the station. Its called 'prince hendrik hotel'. Stayed in it for the stag do of Morts Genius who post on here! A few others on here also would confirm this is top hotel! Mine was a room for 4, massive it was! Perfect for a stag doo doood!
  • Options
    Cheers.

I always stay in The Victoria when I go there which is opposite the station near Teasers so I might try splitting up between that one and the price hendrik place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]Southend, i can tell ya the best place, right near the action, opposite the station. Its called 'prince hendrik hotel'. Stayed in it for the stag do of Morts Genius who post on here! A few others on here also would confirm this is top hotel! Mine was a room for 4, massive it was! Perfect for a stag doo doood!

I bet you were in heaven out there!!!
  • Options
    dood, there was 25 or so when we went to the hendrik! I also been last year (september 06) and there was 25 of us then too, in the same hotel, although it was a bit far from the 'action'! Check out this link for hendrik!

Hendrik
  • Options
    When i went with my bro (morts genius) it was in 2001, i was bang into it all! I was indeed in heaven!
    When i went last year, it wasnt as good cos i aint on it like i used to be, and was a bit far off the 'action' so wasnt as good!

Southend, get yourself into that gaucho grill if you can, it was amazing, red meat was amazing proper!
  • Options
    i've stayed in the flying pig hostel, in a back street opposite central station

a few of us went over to see arctic monkeys a couple of years ago and we stayed in a really reasonable priced hotel, i'll find out how much and what it was called. it was on the damrak
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We stayed in an Ibis (not sure which one as think there are 4 of them) and there was about 20 of us. It was about a 10 minute walk from the main square.
  • Options
    Cheers guys.

Yes ive eaten in that Goucho Grill, only food I ate in 4 days if memory serves :)
  • Options
    I've always used the Hotel Vagina - although this is not quite the correct spelling but near enough to identify the hotel amongst all the women clearing their windows or waving late at night.
  • Options
    Ha ha ha
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited January 2010
    Not particuarly in line with this thread but me and the missus going out there for a few daysh at the start of Feb.

Any recommendations for 'couple' type thingsh? Any restaurant/bars in particular? The Heineken experience is clearly a musht.
  • Options
    Im guessing you lot mean Centraal station.

poor efforts.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have been to Amsterdam about 13 times as we have family there. Its one of my favorite cities in the world i love the place. However the locals are not keen on stag parties atall in actual fact they are not massivly keen on groups of English people fullstop its ok if theres 2 or 3 of you but 30 of you i think you may want to choose somewere else im affraid. Its a shame becasue it used to be the stag do capital but with laws getting stricter the locals really dont like stag (or hen for that matter) Parites.

Parties of Drunken English lads celebrating ones last days of freedom are exactaly what the local tourist boards and locals in general do not want at the mo im affraid.

No meaning to burst any bubble mate but also Amsterdam is v expenmsive and as i say dont really welcome stag parties anymore maybe suggest Prague were its cheaper and i her that is the new Stag do capital.

EDIT: Bare in mind all that i have said above is from a locals point of view my Uncle lives just outside the DAM in an estate and this is the impression i get everytime i go since he moved over there. I have spoken to loads of locals from coffe house owners, to Clubs, to bars and normal non smoking cafes and they all say the same. However at the end of the day i dont know why they care as your still spending your money there aren't you.

Also from my point of view hotel wise i would say the Dampkrig persoanlly thats were i styayed before i had family over there is very good. Good food, Good atmos, good rates and they let you smoke werever you like in the hotel. Also all the products sold there are cheaper than anywere else if you pay for a room. Basically if yoou have a room there its cheaper in there.
  • Options
    going in 2 weeks AGAIN! 3rd time in 1 year and a bit. cant wait. the wembley bar in red light district is a great little boozer. never been anywhere so layed back.
  • Options
    We've stayed in the Botel, it's a boat hotel on one of the canals, just afew minutes walk from Central Station (a must for any true Charlton supporter)...

Quite cheap and very clean...
  • Options
    Spent a good few years in the Dam. The problem that you have is getting someplace big enough for thirty. A lot of the little guest houses would struggle to accommodate 30. I'd say that if your budget stretches to it the Victoria is a good choice as it's right in the filth district and it's probably big enough to cope with a bunch of lads. The Radisson in the red light would also fit your bill.

Try something like Hotel Comparison and you'll find big differences between the cost of places. At the cheap and cheerful end of the market I've used Nadia for football trips, but I don't reckon they'll take more than half of your party. It's also a bit out of the way of what most of the boys will want to do.

Worth checking out what Ajax are doing and the bills at the likes of Paradiso and Melkweg if you can drag them away from the scrubbers for a few hours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stay at the bull dog hotels its classed as a hostle but more like a premier inn, plus there in the middle of the red light district. cheap and hoars on the doors
  • Options
    Hotel Terminus is right near all the action
  • Options
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    Is that the big floating house boat hotel near central station? My mate lives in Holland so I tend to stay with him and travel into the city of sin if we have to. Holland is tiny and the trains are great so if you can't find a place in Amsterdam just stay in Rotterdam and stay out all night, get the morning train back to your hotel.
  • Options
    Completely overatted IMHO.

Horribly expensive. If you are going to shell out I'd much rther go to Stockholm or Copenhagen.

Personal fave is Tallin in Estonia. Real mix of medieval and modern. Loads of history, loads of touristy stuff and 100s of good bars/pubs/restuarants and clubs for the evening. Easyjet fly there relatively cheaply.

Also big up to Riga. Can get a bit more of the Amsterdam attraction there if you catch my drift!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Completely overatted IMHO.

Lived there for almost a year so completely disagree with you but life is all about opinions I suppose.

Mortimerican is spot on. Another place you could try is Hotel Winston.
  • Options
    Seen one or two comments that the Dutch authorities don't want stag parties....well Amsterdam/Holland (like everyone else in these tough times) certainly need the considerable money that these shindigs bring in...so I'd take their 'perceived' stance with a very large pinch of salt!
  • Options
    The Botel is a good place for stag parties,

i love the dam always have always will

the dampring, Grouchos, The weird little place that looks like a English train inside by the red light district.

All the mushroom shops, the Cafe's the women

proper place could never last there more than 3 days
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]All the mushroom shop

Now known as truffles, mushrooms are illegal out there apparently.
  • Options
    all i know is them shrooms are the bollox