Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amsterdam...

2»

Comments

• Options
    yea they banned them last year. They used to sell them to kids from the newsagents.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Seen one or two comments that the Dutch authorities don't want stag parties....well Amsterdam/Holland (like everyone else in these tough times) certainly need the considerable money that these shindigs bring in...so I'd take their 'perceived' stance with a very large pinch of salt!
    There's a bit of truth in it to be fair. The problem with them is that while they do bring in some money they do a fair bit to keep out the better class of tourist that they'd rather have (and which, to be fair, the city more than warrants).
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    Lived there for almost a year so completely disagree with you but life is all about opinions I suppose.
    Yeah I think one of the issues with Amsterdam is that most tourists (and particularly Brits) never get more than a few blocks away from Centraal, so all they see is shitty bars selling terrible full englishes, shitty coffee shops and grim sex shows so they miss out on the fun of the Jordaan, de pijp or Vondelpark. I had a lot of mates that came and stayed with me that left with completely different ideas about Amsterdam (when they'd finished whoring).

Are you travelling around the dope capitals of the world??