Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons role call

12346»

Comments

• Can't believe people have the mentality of that I am not going because its franchise you should go to support your team regardless of tHe circumstances,pathetic
  • If this was a pointless mid table clash I'd almost certainly not bother....however this game (as will be all the rest this season) is absolutely critical.
    As such, wild horses wouldn't keep me away.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]If this was a pointless mid table clash I'd almost certainly not bother....however this game (as will be all the rest this season) is absolutely critical.
    As such, wild horses wouldn't keep me away.

Plastic ;o)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]If this was a pointless mid table clash I'd almost certainly not bother....however this game (as will be all the rest this season) is absolutely critical.
    As such, wild horses wouldn't keep me away.[/quote]

Plastic ;o)[/quote]

The reason I wouldn't go is because of my dislike for their set up and the way The Dons were treated.
    I go to nearly all away games and have only missed two or three so far this season...not bad for an old has been that has a heart condition I'd say.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    Sorry, still can't bring myself to go to franchise FC

That's a shame. I'm going because my club is playing a very important match and i want to see it and try and provide a bit of support.

The stance against the establishment of MK Dons was lost many years ago, and won't be reversed. All the wider community can do is learn from this mistake and ensure that if something similar is muted again, that collectively people are organised enough to ensure it does not happen.

If the stance boycotters are taking is because they don't want their money going to MK Dons, what would happen if we played them in the Play Off Final at Wembley, where revenues are split ?

As long as MK Dons are supported well enough by MK people, then they are here to stay, so i little point now cutting your nose off to spite your face.

This battle may have been lost, true, I still don't think it was right.

I appreciate your position in showing support for Charlton. Yes, I was delighted at the result at the Valley although I thought the scoreline flattered us a little.

You are right that I don't want to financially support something I disagree with like this, it's about the only sanction I have left.

When it comes to the play-offs it'll be a difficult decision for me again: support the club that's been such a big part of my life or change my stance on the MK principle. I've already given it some thought but still unsure what I'd do. Playing in the semis would be a much more difficult decision than going to Wembley, I'll have to deal with it when/if it happens.

I'd just like to say these are my own views, I don't expect everyone to share them and certainly don't think badly of those who are going.

To all who ARE going I hope you get right behind the team and help get three points.

Come on you reds!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    Sorry, still can't bring myself to go to franchise FC[/quote]

That's a shame. I'm going because my club is playing a very important match and i want to see it and try and provide a bit of support.

The stance against the establishment of MK Dons was lost many years ago, and won't be reversed. All the wider community can do is learn from this mistake and ensure that if something similar is muted again, that collectively people are organised enough to ensure it does not happen.

If the stance boycotters are taking is because they don't want their money going to MK Dons, what would happen if we played them in the Play Off Final at Wembley, where revenues are split ?

As long as MK Dons are supported well enough by MK people, then they are here to stay, so i little point now cutting your nose off to spite your face.[/quote]

This battle may have been lost, true, I still don't think it was right.

I appreciate your position in showing support for Charlton. Yes, I was delighted at the result at the Valley although I thought the scoreline flattered us a little.

You are right that I don't want to financially support something I disagree with like this, it's about the only sanction I have left.

When it comes to the play-offs it'll be a difficult decision for me again: support the club that's been such a big part of my life or change my stance on the MK principle. I've already given it some thought but still unsure what I'd do. Playing in the semis would be a much more difficult decision than going to Wembley, I'll have to deal with it when/if it happens.

I'd just like to say these are my own views, I don't expect everyone to share them and certainly don't think badly of those who are going.

To all who ARE going I hope you get right behind the team and help get three points.

Come on you reds![/quote]

We can only respect your honesty Alex.
    It's been a pretty hard choice for quite a number of us I suspect.
  • On the choo choo, come on you reds !

Not to late for anyone to make a late decision....
  • Come on people, get yourself to the game and cheer the boys on!The importance of this game has been doubled now all the teams around us failed to win!Should be a decent turnout from our lot today!On your journey make note of Leighton Buzzard (2 stops before you reach Milton Keynes, 1 before Bletchley) thats where i live!! :)
  • With Alex (and others) on this.
    Can't give them money.
  • I have a really good feeling about today. Its the closest game to where i live and i know a few people who go regularly to the MK Stadium and they all think we will win as they ship in too many goals.
    Forster to score for sure.
    Lets get behind the team instead of the franchise crap ( absolutely no point because most fans are post Wimbledon and are from Milton Keynes) . Heres to three points ! Right i'm off!
  • Sponsored links:

• Three generations of WIWLB en route
  • Driving for this one....
    Just about to leave.
    COYR
  • In a fit of drunken madness I stopped at New Eltham station on the way home from the pub last night. Visa debit + lots of beer + ticket machine = Clem now sitting on Train at Euston. Cue 3-0 defeat.
  • decided to stay in ,fancy us big time
  • I promised when it happened that I would never go there, no matter what. Glad to see that I don't share this view alone.
  • We are in mkdons carpark after spending an interesting morning at Bletchley Park
  • Soulless stadium, but great pub in Fenny Stratford.