Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sullivan Confirms Fulham Complaint (News article on SKY)

"West Ham co-owner David Sullivan has confirmed to Sky Sports News that the club will make a formal complaint to the Premier League over Fulham's team selection against Hull City last weekend.

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson made six changes from the side that started against Tottenham in the FA Cup and Sullivan confirmed to Sky Sports News'chief news reporter Bryan Swanson that the club will ask the Premier League to investigate comments made by Hodgson after the match.

Hodgson admitted he rested some of his key players at the KC Stadium ahead of their Europa League match against Wolfsburg.

The Tigers secured a 2-0 win at the KC Stadium to move level on points with West Ham, with a game in hand, in the battle to avoid relegation.

Sullivan says a complaint will be made to the Premier League, via the club's solicitors, on Friday.

Fulham boss Hodgson has defended his decision to rest players and was unfazed by talk that the club could find itself in trouble with the Premier League over his line-up."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolute idiots at premier league have really opened themselves for this kind of absurd complaint after setting the precedent punishing Wolves earlier in the season.

Comments

• Options
    Thats pretty precious coming from a fine upstanding club like Wet Spam.............Oh the irony, Defoe, Tevez etc !
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Absolute p-take at the highest order.

Two words.

Carlos Tevez.

Hope they choke. They've got the gaul to complain after losing 4-1 on aggregate at home to Wolves and Stoke inside four days? Take a long hard look at yourselves everyone associated with WHUFC apart from the always dedicated supporters. If they finish below Hull City after 38 games they deserve to go down no matter what.
  • Options
    perhaps if they were not such a crap team it wouldn't have mattered. I thought a squad was exactly that and if some of your players are tired you rest them and ultilise your squad. Someone needs to complain that Man Utd rested Rooney against Bolton, or is that different ?
  • Options
    True true true. Punishment for a frivilous appeal would be nice!
  • Options
    Typical West Ham, after their "episode" in 2007 they are now hypocritical enough to pop off at other clubs, their sheer nerve is amazing. Nearly enough to want Hull to stay up at their expense (but not quite). Come on Burnley get it together (though I think they signed their own death warrant by getting Brian Laws in!)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like desperation has set in at Upton Park.

West Ham should be fined for giving Keiron Dyer a pro contract.
  • Options
    This has to be an April fool surely ?

Have West Ham paid Sheff Utd the Money they cheated them out of yet via the Tevez Fiasco & non points deduction?
  • Options
    Fulham are sueing west ham for £1/2m over the Tevez affair, perhaps they just getting thier own back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Sounds like desperation has set in at Upton Park.

West Ham should be fined for giving Keiron Dyer a pro contract.

Agree on both counts!
  • Options
    Ah there is always confusion regarding the Dyer situation, he did in fact only have contact with a Pro.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whether the complaint came from West Ham or not, surely Fulham should receive the same punishment Wolves were given?

I agree it's ridiculous, but they've got to be consistent.
  • Options
    It could be argued though, that Fulham have Europe to concern themselves with. I'm sure they'd not want to start punishing the Sky4
  • Options
    Wolves were concerned with staying up tho, and were vindicated with the crucial win at Burnley the following weekend. Obviously they don't want to punish the big 4, which is why it's so stupid they did it in the first place, as the big 4 are by far the worst "offenders" for the disgracefully selfish practice of resting players.

Case in point - Fulham have benefitted from squad rotation massively in the past. Season we got relegated and the one after they beat L'pool at home in the weekend sandwiched between Champs League games, and then stayed up on the final day beating Pompey who were resting players for the FA Cup final. Resting players is obviously part & parcel of football these days, question is will the Prem stubornly persist with the ridiculous punishment or will they reject the complaint, realising it was an absurd idea in the first place. It's lose lose either way now.
  • Options
    Has to be an April Fool's.

It must be!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    For me it's up to the manager who he plays and how he uses his squad. Wolves were fined £25k as far as I know, pretty pointless considering the millions (£30m plus?) they'll make from staying up. Well worth taking a few fines to rest players against the top clubs.
  • Options
    Fulhams team was no where near as weak as the Wolves one.

He made six changes including Zamora who was injured so that is 5 changes. Chris Smalling came into the team, the 10million Man Utd signing so I would be very surprised if the FA fined Fulham for this game.
  • Options
    They also had to play 5 games in 12 days, so had to make some changes. It should be up to the Premier League to decide whether to fine them or not, not for West Ham to sue them.
  • Options
    There has been a distinct lack of class around that club for several decades now. Sorry Uncle, but successive boards have been dragging the clubs rep down year on year it seems to me. I can't imagine this has too much support from long standing fans.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mr Sullivan appears in my opinion to be clutching at straws here with this one. At the end of the day if West Ham are not good enough to pick up points against Wolves and Stoke at home, then they can’t start moaning about what sides, other teams are putting out.

This could well back fire against the happy hammers now in my opinion, as Fulham have got to play West Ham at home on the penultimate games of the season. If I were Hodgson I would now put out my strongest eleven and turn them over.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Absolute p-take at the highest order.

Two words.

Carlos Tevez.

Hope they choke. They've got the gaul to complain after losing 4-1 on aggregate at home to Wolves and Stoke inside four days? Take a long hard look at yourselves everyone associated with WHUFC apart from the always dedicated supporters. If they finish below Hull City after 38 games they deserve to go down no matter what.

Couldn't agree more. An absolute joke. I would be embarrassed if i was a West Ham fan, win your own games and there's not a problem, suddenly panic has set in and they're grasping at straws.
    The only thing to come out of this is Fulham getting fined (and thats unlikely) so what have West ham even got to gain?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hated them before, hate them even more now, p*ss takers. They should think themselves lucky that they are still in the Premiership rather than trying to claw their way out of the third division like us.
  • Options
    No doubt Trever Brooking will assist again to ensure WHU don't get relegated. Friends in high places and all that.
  • Options
    Make your feelings heard by all means Sullivan...but to make an official complaint is certainly a step too far.
  • Options
    Cheated with Tevez and treated Curbs disgracefully. Their fans are even worse than ours when it comes to appreciating good management and that is saying something!

They deserve relegation and hopefully even their friends in high places won't save them this time.
  • Options
    what will the players be thinking? the board have no faith in us to turn it around and are clutching at straws. Great for confidence. Would be better to use it for motivating the players
  • Options
    Hodgson can play whatever squad he wants no one (other than people high above him at Fulham) has the right to tell him what squad he can play. West ham have no room to talk, as Hodgson can play which ever squad he feels best with go on Fulham.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just looked at the Fulham line up against Hull.

Schwarzer in goal - nothing wrong with that.
    Back 4 - Konchesky, Hangeland, Smalling, Shorey - nothing wrong with that. Smalling was one of the changes and he's on his way to Man utd.
    Midfield - Davies, Baird, Dikgacoi, Riise. - Fair enough that's weakened but Davies and Baird both played in the 4-1 win over Juventus.
    Up front - Gera played just behind Dempsey. Gera's a regular and Dempsey is a USA international.

So it could be argued the only players really rested were Murphy and Etuhu. Zamora was injured.
    If Sullivan had actually looked into it further i think he'd realise he's being an absolute idiot and making West Ham look like mugs. I hope the Premier league laugh at him and reject the complaint.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Mr Sullivan appears in my opinion to be clutching at straws here with this one. At the end of the day if West Ham are not good enough to pick up points against Wolves and Stoke at home, then they can’t start moaning about what sides, other teams are putting out.

This could well back fire against the happy hammers now in my opinion, as Fulham have got to play West Ham at home on the penultimate games of the season. If I were Hodgson I would now put out my strongest eleven and turn them over.

I would love it LOVE IT if Hodgson put out a full-strength squad and thumped them
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bunch, what, of, a, hypocrits: Rearrange into a well known phrase or saying!
  • Options
    different chairman, but funny how they never complained when they beat a weakened man utd side on the last day of the 2007 season.