Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sullivan Confirms Fulham Complaint (News article on SKY)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Zola obviously does not expect to survive long term at West ham as he has said he was quite happy with what Fulham did, G&S won't be happy with that. Hammers are a club in crisis, I hope burnley take advantage, reluctantly if they don't then I hope Hull do (They'll go down next year anyway)
  • Options
    West Ham have grounds for a complaint, but after the Tevez thing I'm quite looking forward to their being on the receiving end.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]reluctantly if they don't then I hope Hull do

Noooooooooooooo

Hull MUST go down this year.
  • Options
    Sullivan is obviously 'bricking it' at the prospect of relegation. For all his & Golds hoo ha when they took over, about being merciless with wages/contracts, etc, next year, if they go down this season, it must be way worse. Especially if some players hold the club to the contracts they have signed.

I thought football was deemed a 'squad game' these days.
    The whole point they extended the subs bench is so that teams could utilise their players/squads more effectively, so why should there be a problem resting players?

The Wolves scenario is an interesting one. Obviously on a hiding to nothing against Man Utd, even with their strongest team, McCarthy was justified in his reasons, by taking the 3 points in the following game.

But, as a player, you'd want to play at places like Old Trafford & test your mettle. Thats the whole point of wanting to play at the highest level.
    For the fans, you'd want to see your team give itself the best chance of an upset, the 'magic of the game' - type scenario. To shell out & watch, what at that point of the season was effectively their reserves, would've been disappointing.

Though, the squad arguement wins out there, as Wolves have featured a large number of those players that lost at Man Utd, since then, including their excellent run recently.
    I think it is ridiculous to fine them, especially as they lost, & would be completely ridiculous if Fulham are punished too, especially as they are in Europe & doing rather well.

Wouldn't the heads of the English game want another English club to do well in Europe? Doesn't squad rotation allow that? Liverpool & Man Utd doing this on a very consistent basis should not be ignored.

The rules seem very flexible/unclear these days, just look at the Pompey scenario. I think the money in the game, really has made people mad & desperate in the PL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]reluctantly if they don't then I hope Hull do

Noooooooooooooo

Hull MUST go down this year.

Do you not like your town then mate :-)
  • Options
    Bet Sullivan wouldn't have complained if Fulham had put a weakened side out against Worst Ham...