Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon going up

I wasn't impressed with Swindon when i saw them this season but there's no denying Danny Wilson has done a remarkable job there. 4 straight away wins without conceding a goal have put them into 2nd. All the talk about the 2nd spot behind Norwich has been about us, Leeds and more recently Millwall but no one really thought Swindon would last the pace. I must admit i thought they'd fade away a bit but looking at their run in they could well nick 2nd and leave us, Millwall, Leeds and Huddersfield in the play offs! Who'd have thought that?!

Comments

• Options
    I personally cant believe this team who currently sitting second who cant stop winning are the same team who played us that day at the Valley, i thought they were woeful!
  • Options
    I think we'll sneak it. Leeds have bottled it and Millwall have peaked to soon and will lose tomorrow.

Millwall V Swindon last day of the season could be good for us
  • Options
    7 games still to go. All to play for, could be anyone of 4 making that 2nd spot, let's hope it's us!!
  • Options
    we have said this about leeds, norwich, us and millwall this season still 7 games to go and anyones. Norwich look bankers to go up but they lost to tramere so see how that affects them, as long as we win our games its in our own hands
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]we have said this about leeds, norwich, us and millwall this season still 7 games to go and anyones. Norwich look bankers to go up but they lost to tramere so see how that affects them, as long as we win our games its in our own hands

I think you'll find it's actually in Swindons hands, we don't play them again, therefore need other teams to take points off them.
  • Options
    They were excellent yesterday and played us off the park if we are lucky we might just manage to stay in the top six, rumour has it Grayson will be sacked if we lose at Yeovil tomorrow, going to be a nervy last seven games. See you in a few weeks.
  • Options
    They've come in under the radar.

We have to hope that fear sets in when they actually realise where they are and their performances fall apart.

Meanwhile we need to win tomorrow and keep winning!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]They were excellent yesterday and played us off the park if we are lucky we might just manage to stay in the top six, rumour has it Grayson will be sacked if we lose at Yeovil tomorrow, going to be a nervy last seven games. See you in a few weeks.

Fella,you are a honest man,i think there is a lot of twists in the next month
  • Options
    whilst others are doing well or badly we need to ignore them and as a team both players and management step upto the plate and be consistent in performance and take maximum points from every game. Our run in is exceptionally hard so everybody will need to give 100%, we really cannot afford anything less.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]we have said this about leeds, norwich, us and millwall this season still 7 games to go and anyones. Norwich look bankers to go up but they lost to tramere so see how that affects them, as long as we win our games its in our own hands

I think you'll find it's actually in Swindons hands, we don't play them again, therefore need other teams to take points off them.

True but i dont see them winning them all, especially millwall away last game of the season. i may be wrong but i hope not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

True but i dont see them winning them all, especially leeds away last game of the season. i may be wrong but i hope not

Johnny - think you mean Millwall in thier last game?

All we can do is keep winning and not worry abou the others. I recckon we need five wins out of these last seven games for the auto spot.. Tough, but not impossible. And if we just miss out, then at least we'd be in good form going into the play offs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

True but i dont see them winning them all, especially leeds away last game of the season. i may be wrong but i hope not

Johnny - think you mean Millwall in thier last game?

All we can do is keep winning and not worry abou the others. I recckon we need five wins out of these last seven games for the auto spot.. Tough, but not impossible. And if we just miss out, then at least we'd be in good form going into the play offs.

yep edited straight away but you caught me! lol yeah i agree we need at least 5 wins and lets concentrate on us, thats probably all Parky is drilling into the players
  • Options
    And we need to score a hatful of goals because it may well come down to goal difference. Even if we manage to scrape wins, does anyone see us scoring many goals? Not me, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Let's face it, us and Leeds have blown it and let Swindon and Millwall make up a significant amount of points since Christmas. There is a positive mood as we are just 2 points off 2nd spot, but really we should be out in front. We have almost been as bad as Leeds and on the form table, we would be bottom half.

Had we won just one of Orient, Brighton, Tranmere, Oldham or Gillingham at home we would be second, but the fact we got 3 points out of those home games against relegation strugglers says it all. If we go up it will be about the others' shortcomings more than our own abilities.
  • Options
    Please, Ashtray, for once, please say something Positive !
  • Options
    Blimey, if the MOG is on my case I must be bad!

I'll compromise and no more negatives today. Hopefully I'll be able to post something positive tomorrow.
  • Options
    Depends what form table you mean.

In the most important form table we are 5th only 2 points from second. Keep believing.
  • Options
    Ashtray why dont you put yourself out properly.... your smoking us all out..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Had we won just one of Orient, Brighton, Tranmere, Oldham or Gillingham at home we would be second,

Maybe if Burton and Sodje hadn't been so stupid against Swindon...
  • Options
    If 'ifs' and 'buts' were slags and sluts......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fact of the matter is that, unless Norwich completely implode between now and the end of the season, none of us is certain to go up or miss out so all this talk of who's blown it/got it sewn up is premature to say the least. A month ago half this board were saying that Leeds were uncatchable and we were all playing for second place. Oh yeah???

The division has been there for the taking IMO. We haven't done so BUT we are still in with a great chance of going up. We need to get behind the boys for the remaining games, hopefully they'll do their bit and be ready to take advantage of the likes of Swindon when they have their own dodgy result or two.
  • Options
    Can I also add, it's important for us to keep winning to avoid the 7th position Colchester currently occupy. That gap could easily close... Play Off's aren't ideal but the truth is theres a only a 4-1 chance of us getting 2nd place. The odds speak for themselves at this stage...

Fingers crossed....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]If we go up it will be about the others' shortcomings more than our own abilities.
    If we go up it'll be because we finished the season with a good run of results. If we finish second it'll be because we were the second best team results wise over 46 games.
  • Options
    just so everyone can cry if they win .....
    swindon 0 exeter 1.............. 42 mins gone
  • Options
    I'm expecting Swindon to score at least one in this, probably two or three.

Exeter look OK, but very beatable I think. Very good goal for them all the same
  • Options
    Is Fleetwood playing? Hope he could do us another favour after scoring and winning the pen v Colchester.
  • Options
    exeter knocked it around nicely at our gaff earlier in the season... parky is working for sky doing some scouting for the forthcoming exeter fixture where we'll go and grind out a point!

0-1 ht
  • Options
    ....and we have to go to Exeter next week !!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Is Fleetwood playing? Hope he could do us another favour after scoring and winning the pen v Colchester.

he's on the bench
  • Options
    If Exeter win this and their next one, they'll be as good as safe.

If they lose the two matches, we should be optimistic, right?

If they win this and are still in the relegation battle, according to you, then so are Yeovil, who are hosting Millwall tomorrow