Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon going up

13»

Comments

• Options
    ok just checked,thats cool
  • Options
    Exeter still need a few points to be sure of safety so wouldn't say the game was meaningless! Can see Leeds and Millwall both drawing away tom so a win puts us right back in the mix for 2nd spot!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]they said on sky, around 500 away fans!

so the same as we brought to bristol rovers when 3rd for a live monday night game to a new ground
  • Options
    brillant support
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]nice little turn out of the exeter fans for a meaningless midweek live game

you weren't there , you can't comment

i wasn't playing either so i won't talk about the game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]nice little turn out of the exeter fans for a meaningless midweek live game

you weren't there , you can't comment

i wasn't playing either so i won't talk about the game

did you ref or run the line??
  • Options
    so the same as we brought to bristol rovers when 3rd for a live monday night game to a new ground[/quote]

True but our game at Brizzie was changed only a couple of weeks before, bit late for some to book time off work etc and get down there. If not we would have taken over 500. Also Brizzie was the 3rd of 3 away game on the trot so some may have taken a raincheck on Bristol and watched it on the box.
  • Options
    good point cafcdan and the 446 that went to walsall and 1,073 that went to swindon also deserve a round of applause ..... massive
  • Options
    actually they do,its us who dont go who are stopping us have good turnouts
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    446 to Walsall on a Tuesday night at the start of Feb actually imho fine, especially as some may not have fancied going there again following the postponment.

The Swindon turn out I grant was quite poor when you look at how many others have taken there

I went to all three btw!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good point cafcdan and the 446 that went to walsall and 1,073 that went to swindon also deserve a round of applause ..... massive

thanks. i'll gladly accept that round of applause considering I did well over £100 on both, including going to walsall twice
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good point cafcdan and the 446 that went to walsall and 1,073 that went to swindon also deserve a round of applause ..... massive

Did you?
  • Options
    exactly fair play to those that went .....
    whether i went or not doesn't make our numbers great ... i've been to 7 away games this season which considering i have 3 young children is impressive in my book !
    how we can have that many home fans and that little away support considering the relative success we've had in this league is bizarre .... is our fan base just completely different to every other clubs in the country ......
  • Options
    no oohaah has done his time in purgatory, only mud-slinging now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]exactly fair play to those that went .....
    how we can have that many home fans and that little away support considering the relative success we've had in this league is bizarre .... is our fan base just completely different to every other clubs in the country ......

That's a really interesting point Oohahh - can't say I've thought of it like that or heard that argument before. Now, tell me, do you think we should get rid of our manager to enable us to "push on to the next level"?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Now, tell me, do you think we should get rid of our manager to enable us to "push on to the next level"?

i'll be better placed to give you a decent answer at the end of our season
  • Options
    lol funny how every thread like this eg. leeds, us now swindon and then poof there goes there chances and dip in form. i may make one for millwall

Good result them drawing and i personally think they would be one of the better teams to get in the play offs
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I started off this thread last week by saying Swindon were now in the box seat, and now they've got stuffed at Colchester and just scraped a point at home to Exeter. Prior to that i felt Millwall were in with a good shout after they won at Leeds, and then they went and drew at home to Brentford. Prior to that i felt that Leeds had promotion sewn up and then they embarked on 2-3 months of relegation form.
    All this has proved that we simply don't have a clue what's going to happen and there will plenty more twists and turns to come and the top teams will drop more points along the way as the pressure mounts.
    All we can do is try to win our own games and see where that takes us. If we don't get automatic then so be it, but the next priority is to finish 3rd or 4th so the 2nd leg of the play offs is at home. COYR!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]exactly fair play to those that went .....
    whether i went or not doesn't make our numbers great ... i've been to 7 away games this season which considering i have 3 young children is impressive in my book !
    Most of our fans go to the 'Wall when we have an away game, just like they always did in the old days (apparently)........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I started off this thread last week by saying Swindon were now in the box seat, and now they've got stuffed at Colchester and just scraped a point at home to Exeter. Prior to that i felt Millwall were in with a good shout after they won at Leeds, and then they went and drew at home to Brentford. Prior to that i felt that Leeds had promotion sewn up and then they embarked on 2-3 months of relegation form.

All this has proved that we simply don't have a clue what's going to happen and there will plenty more twists and turns to come and the top teams will drop more points along the way as the pressure mounts.

All we can do is try to win our own games and see where that takes us. If we don't get automatic then so be it, but the next priority is to finish 3rd or 4th so the 2nd leg of the play offs is at home. COYR!

Great post!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can see both Millwall and Leeds dropping points tonight so a win puts us right back in the battle for 2nd!!!
  • Options
    >>CommentAuthorChris_from_SidcupCommentTime3 hours ago edited quote# 79
    I started off this thread last week by saying Swindon were now in the box seat, and now they've got stuffed at Colchester and just scraped a point at home to Exeter. Prior to that i felt Millwall were in with a good shout after they won at Leeds, and then they went and drew at home to Brentford. Prior to that i felt that Leeds had promotion sewn up and then they embarked on 2-3 months of relegation form.
    All we can do is try to win our own games and see where that takes us. If we don't get automatic then so be it, but the next priority is to finish 3rd or 4th so the 2nd leg of the play offs is at home. COYR! <<

can you predict that there is no way we can win another game all season and we won't get automatic and that I will never find a £1millon in the street please.