Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

talk sport

is it true they have a jingle thats says for every bill shankly theres a les reed? or is my brother winding me up,funny and true if it is so.

Comments

• Options
    Tis true!
  • Options
    lol how offensive
  • Options
    can't stand talksport. Has improved a bit since Mark Saggers has joined but really a sports channel with Jeremy Kyle as a presenter. When Micky Quinn is on I call it talk shite.
  • Options
    brother used to like it but gone off it because of quinn.
  • Options
    Used to listen to it, but cant be bothered nowadays.....on the subject we have an ad on talksport ;-)
  • Options
    The Soccer Am of radio.... best avoided at all costs if you like football.
  • Options
    2 words:

Ronnie Irani
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Used to listen to it, but cant be bothered nowadays.....on the subject we have an ad on talksport ;-)

Charlton Life ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Used to listen to it, but cant be bothered nowadays.....on the subject we have an ad on talksport ;-)

Charlton Life ?

No Paul sorry to disappoint, our academy gets advertised on there about 3 times a day maybe more. first time i heard it today though and been on there for a while, get quite a bit of business because of it :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Quite entertaining between 10 pm and 6 am
    ap;art from fridays and saturdays when Galloway is working
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mike Parry has put me of talk sport for life, arogant man with silly over the top opinions. He cant seem to control his emotions, which is always embarassing when a grown man cannot control them.
  • Options
    Can't stand Talksport - tabloid radio at it's very worst.
  • Options
    Ray Parlour on their just now claimed that Martin Keown would've been able to mark Messi and do a job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Adrian Durham is the king of WUM's.
  • Options
    Hawksby and Jacobs are the best thing on the radio in the afternoon. Brazil has gone downhill since Parry left him, Durham is entertaining but Darren Gough is woeful.
  • Options
    They have Stan Collymore, enough reason to never listen.
  • Options
    I like H & J, but the rest is gash.
  • Options
    I can't say i've ever listened to it but i know so many people who do but constantly moan about it.

All you have to do is looking who the "experts" are to know they you're not going to get reasoned, informed debate on there.
  • Options
    Hawksby and Jacobs is excellent. Everything else on there is awful - ignorant, unfounded, deliberately controversial. Seem to think that people want to listen to a shouting match between presenter and caller rather than reasoned debate. Stan Collymore is vermin.

Mind you 5Live ain't much better, unless you happen to like Alan Green.
  • Options
    Kelvin Mackenzie is involved isn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 Live? You mean BBC Radio Ulster? Alan Green, Colin Murray and Stephen "That's Stephen with a P-H" Nolan have ruined a once great station. Richard Bacon in the afternoon interviewing leading politicians! Gabby Yorath!
    Mind you Tony Livesey is good. Proper down to earth bloke. If it wasn't for him, Peter Allen and John Pinnear I wouldn't bother. Listen to Radio4 more and more these days.
  • Options
    How that Colin Murray gets work i never know. Why is he even allowed to talk about the beautiful game?....needs to be made unemployed, pronto.
  • Options
    Agreed. He cannot even speak English. "Did they went?" is one of his phrases!
    He cannot talk about anything without trying to be funny, and he never is -funny.
    What do you expect from a station that employs DJ Spoony as a Football phone in host???
  • Options
    Colin Murray does fighting talk on Radio 5live and that's brilliant

Alan Green however needs to be euthanised
  • Options
    to be honest Collymore aint that bad on talksport
  • Options
    I see Collymore has taken himself off Twitter due to the abuse he gets.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I see it quite black and white. To me there are two types of football fan.

In one corner the Lawrensons, hansens, motson, Danny Bakers. Unfashionable but love the game and know their stuff.

Then you have the Tim Lovejoys, Kelvin McKenzies, Helen Chamberlains, Clive Tyldsleys, Mikas and 99% of Soccer Am guests who may love football now it's fashionable and know all the stats and statisitcs but are ulitmately bandwagon jumping pricks.

Talksport presenters that havent played the game fit comfortably into the latter.

IMHO of course.
  • Options
    Bit harsh on the girl Chamberlain RCT - though as you pertinently added, it's your opinion and you are quite entitled to it.
  • Options
    Listen to it a fair bit, like Ian Collins and Galloway in the evenings, and gutted that i rarely get to listen to H&J in the afternoons.

Of the rest, its a best of a bad bunch to be honest. I quite like Mark Saggers as he comes across as a relatively normal, non-shock professional, yet they pair him up with that idiot Quinn. Collymore can be 'ok' but is too overpowering, Andy Townsend i like and think he has good chemistry with the village idiot Parry. Alan Brazil has lost his way, and though Irani i've heard is a really nice fella, i'm very surprised he hasn't been dropped by now.

Alvin Martin and Ray Houghton's view i respect, but the rest are just utter garbage. And i include in that Cundy, Quinn, Goldstein, Durham and Gough.

If a dedicated sports station just stuck to professional, non-shock hosts, with intelligent, well respected guests covering all sports, it would clean up.
  • Options
    To be honest I think most ex pro's make for terrible pundits. Yes they’ve played the game, which they mention every time they want to validate an opinion, but they are mostly incredibly in-articulate and un-intelligent.

I like listening to the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast. James Richardson is great on there and how he isn't on TV at the moment I really can't understand.