Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I dont believe it......GET IN - A RESULT!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hee hee! Holiday booked to Lesbos deliberately to watch the first two weeks of the WC in our favourite place in the world to watch a football tournament bar being there! & with the added bonus of KB & his better half joining us for the last week I am soooo looking forward to it.
  • Options
    hehe......lesbos
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]hehe......lesbos

Oh...Grow up !!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Posted By: carlsberg
    hehe......lesbos

theres always one.
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Maria & I are getting married on the 26th June, potentially the date of England's first knockout match (if we win our group). If Germany finish 2nd in their group then it could be England v Germany!

We got married 29 years ago, cup final day on May 9th. 10.30 married, home watched cup final then on to the reception in the evening.
    I delibrately booked cup final day as I knew that way I'd never miss a Charlton game ;
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I suspect that Englands games will be on BBC or ITV and not Sky.........so Sky+ wont help !

You can record any channel with Sky+ mate.
  • Options
    A triumph for common sense, the restaurant date has now been changed to May 28th, yes, get in!!! RESULT!!

OK, up early for Wembley play-off final, all things being equal. Is the play off final still May 28th?
  • Options
    29th
  • Options
    Sorry ValleyGary,

I meant 29th, its all the excitement you know!!
  • Options
    You've had a touch then mate. Im flying back from Rhodes on the 29th....be at the airport 4pm UK time. Hoping that Ash cloud returns!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ' I'm getting married on Saturday 12th June: England v USA.

To a Palace fan.

Beat that. '

A backhand will make her change her tune mate ;)
  • Options
    My daughter getting married on June the 12th, not only have i got foot the bill, i also got to tell everbody there no tele's available, should go down well in the speech, mind you the car is fitted with one one, i could recoup some of the outlay by charging say £250 for front sheet, £150 for back seats and £50 for looking through windows, anybody think there be any takers?
  • Options
    Bibble, there is a rather simple solution to this problem:

Firstly, don't mention that this is a problem for you to anybody anymore. Try even to find some enthusiasm for this jazz event. In the morning of the big day you take some laxitives so that you are legitimately on the loo a lot. You say that you've got a stomach bug or something. You may even be able to get out the evening altogether (but seem disappointed). If not, then on the evening while the jazz is in full swing pop off to the 'toilets' i.e the nearest pub. You could sacrifice the first 20 minutes of the match and go to catch the last 25 minutes of the first half. Then you come back to the restaurant. Then do the same in the second half. You won't be eating much anyway due to your dodgy stomach. In fact don't order anything - you can have something else in the pub!!! People won't see your frequent toilet visits as odd as you've supposedly got the shits (which in reality you'll have got over by 5pm).
    The golden rule is don't feel guilty at any time. Non- football lovers just don't understand and they feel no sympathy for you so neither should you do for them. They'll all have a better time without you anyway.
  • Options
    Its not Charlton so i wouldnt be that fussed if im honest. I hope England do well but i wouldnt care about not having to spend a night in a pub with a load of people watching football but usually they couldnt care less, but cos its the world cup all the plastics come out and act as though football is their life plus its only a group game to me Charlton is more important by a country mile if it was the final then fair game but its only vs Algeria.