Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eleven players sign up

Congrats and good luck to all of them

Below are some brief biographies of next season's new scholars:

Semi Ajayi

The Dartford Grammar School student is an athletic central defender who has been at Charlton since U9 level. Semi is tall and very quick, and the Crayford native's diagonal passing from the back is influential.

Adebayo Azeez

A handful for defenders with his pace in behind, the tall striker is in his third season in the academy. From Orpington, he is athletic with a great leap and has netted for the U16s and U18s this season.

Jordan Cousins

Proud to be England U16 skipper, Jordan has been at the club since U13 level and is already a regular in the U18s. A fine all-round defender, he can play centre-back, right-back or in midfield.

Morgan Fox

Left-footed defender Fox is from South Woodham Ferrers, in Essex, and is equally at home in central defence or at left-back. He is a good ball player who loves to get forward and put in a good cross.

Bradley Goldberg

A striker with a good eye for goal and with good movement around the box, Bromley-based Bradley arrived after a successful trial in the summer. Recently sidelined by a back injury, he is the son of former Crystal Palace chairman Mark Goldberg.

Callum Harriott

Exciting winger Callum has been with the club since U9 level and is a left-footer who loves to dribble. The Norbury native has been on standby for England U16s this season and is hard-working and strong.

George Howard

Goalkeeper George is a good shot-stopper and strong communicator who works his defenders hard. Previously on the books of Arsenal, he came to Charlton at U12 level.

Bradley Jordan

A midfielder who can spray passes and burst forward into attacking areas, Bradley has played for England U16s this season. From Ashford, in Kent, he has been with the club since U9 level.

Harry Osbourne

A dependable defender who attacks the ball and reads the game well, South Norwood's Harry is another to have been with the club since U9 level. Opposition strikers have to work hard to get past him.

Joe Pigott

Joe, who joined Charlton halfway through the U15 season, is a good targetman who can score in a number of ways as well as linking the play well. From a talented sporting family, the Maidstone native has played cricket for Kent youth teams.

Jamal Willer

Enjoying his first U18 appearances in recent weeks, attacking midfielder Jamal has lovely balance and quick feet and enjoys playing in a free role. From Leytonstone, he has been at the club from U9.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35987

Comments

• Options
    Nice to see plenty of South London and Kent lads.

And Bradley Goldberg as well. Hope that means more friendlies v Bromley FC
  • Options
    Nice write up, been hearing lots about Jordan Cousins, seems to be our next starlet. Good luck to them all.
  • Options
    noticable how many have been here since U9 !
  • Options
    another 7 and then we'd have a team for next season!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]another 7 and then we'd have a team for next season!

We signed 6 1st year pros as well so were sorted : - )
  • Options
    Great! Roll on 2010-2011!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Morgan Fox

So close...
  • Options
    although obviously a lot of fantastic schoolboys never quite make the grade, this is a stand-out comment for me:

"Fans will probably know of Jordan Cousins' achievements with England U16s, but Bradley Jordan has also represented England and Callum Harriott has been on standby this season, so they are three players considered to be among the top 24 in the country for their age."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]although obviously a lot of fantastic schoolboys never quite make the grade, this is a stand-out comment for me:

"Fans will probably know of Jordan Cousins' achievements with England U16s, but Bradley Jordan has also represented England and Callum Harriott has been on standby this season, so they are three players considered to be among the top 24 in the country for their age."

And while playing for a unfashionable club were we know players don't get a fair chance of international honours.
  • Options
    Good news. Has anyone seen these kids play? I've heard very good things about Jordan Cousins and Harry Osbourne.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are they are youth team that sit in the North West Quad... are some of them our under 3's. God they are young.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite] our under 3's. God they are young.

I think signing 3 and 4 year olds is going a bit too far. : - )
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]another 7 and then we'd have a team for next season!

We signed 6 1st year pros as well so were sorted : - )
    So where does that leave the second years? ;-)

Same article is in the Norwich programme, it also mentions four of the most promising u15s (so next seasons u16s) including Diego Poyet (Gus' son) and Toby Silva (already made an appearance for the u18s this season like Jonjo did at that age in 06/07)

Cousins the one to look out for, seen him a few times (Victory Shield for England and bits on CAFC Player), intelligent, comfortable on the ball and seems to have the right attitude. Hope we can keep him, I think if he keeps progressing as he has done he could well go pro a season early, this time next year, like Solly, Wright and Arter did.
  • Options
    Also got a great young kid just signed Connor Leon U14 midfield really good player
  • Options
    Uncle is that your other nephew? think i remember you saying you have another one on the books before

jordan cousins havent really heard alot about him but the fact he is skipper for the england U16s is quality stands out from the group just for that

anybody know anything more about him?
  • Options
    If Bradley Goldberg is the son of former Crystal Palace chairman Mark Goldberg.

Then Bradley Jordan is the son of soon to be former Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan.......?

Maybe I've got it all wrong *shakes head*

;o)
  • Options
    Good stuff.

I've only seen Cousins playing for the U18s and he looks like he's going places, but physically he's not going to be a first teamer for a couple of years yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]he is the son of former Crystal Palace chairman Mark Goldberg.
    Hopefully hasn't inherited his eye for a bargain!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Already posted this in full on here before, but got feedback from a Chelsea fan on our team when we played them twice this season, here's the bits on these players that featured-

First game v Chelsea (back in October)
    CB: Semi Ajayi
    - Maybe because has partnered by Mambo but he looked very raw. Athletic and about Mambo's height, but lacked the savvy and patience to really excel. His short passing was inconsistent and often underhit, and when fronted with multiple passing options kept opting for the ball up to the strikers instead of the short pass to the midfield.

Joe Pigott (subbed on)
    - Big, tall, powerful blond striker, put himself about but had no service. Had one ace moment where he picked the ball up and ran into space then fell over as if tackled, but nobody was within ten yards Could be useful at this level but I'd need to see more.
    Second game, in December (FA Youth Ccup at The Valley I think)
    Cousins: Had a tough time first half against Gokhan Tore, but then he is an Under-21 international and reserve teamer. Looked better in the second half and shifted to left back, where he did well enough. Good shot for the goal even if it was majorly deflected. Not as quick as I'd have imagined, turned quite slowly but mentally looked like he knows what's what.

Azeez - subbed on at half time and did literally nothing of note.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]If Bradley Goldberg is the son of former Crystal Palace chairman Mark Goldberg.

Then Bradley Jordan is the son of soon to be former Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan.......?

Maybe I've got it all wrong*shakes head*

;o)

No, that our new scouting technique

Harry Osbourne - Son of Ozzie

Joe Piggot - Grandson of Lester

Diago Poyet - Son of Gus

Morgan Fox - Son of Sam

Callum Harriot - Son of Ainsley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Good stuff.

I've only seen Cousins playing for the U18s and he looks like he's going places

Hopefully not to Man Utd like McGinty!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]If Bradley Goldberg is the son of former Crystal Palace chairman Mark Goldberg.

Maybe I've got it all wrong*shakes head*

;o)

No, that our new scouting technique

Harry Osbourne - Son of Ozzie

Joe Piggot - Grandson of Lester

Diago Poyet - Son of Gus

Morgan Fox - Son of Sam

Callum Harriot - Son of Ainsley
    Not forgetting Jordon Cousins, his Uncle could skate a bit ; )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: route one[/cite]Uncle is that your other nephew? think i remember you saying you have another one on the books before

jordan cousins havent really heard alot about him but the fact he is skipper for the england U16s is quality stands out from the group just for that

No mate he's my mates boy came through the ranks of my brothers team. My nephew is much younger only about 8 or 9 just signed for the acadamy so sadly uncle will be here ages ;-)
  • Options
    Good stuff uncle, why do we end up with so many good players from the poor side of the water anyway, are they really desparate to get out of essex/East London? Never worked out why we have to pay a toll on the Dartford crossing when we leave Kent, surely they should only charge to enter the Garden of England!
  • Options
    This isn't Charlton related but there's a lad who plays in my son's school football team who is an outstanding footballer. He wins matches single-handedly. He doesn't score any goals because he's the goalkeeper. He just doesn't let any in. He's currently on Fulham's books but he's been told that he's being released at the end of this season because they've done a bone scan on him and the consultant's estimate of his adult height is only 5'11" and they're not prepared to invest in him if he's not going to be a 'giant'. What a way to let down a 9 year old. I just hope that someone like Charlton or Leyton Orient can pick him up because I'm sure he could have a career in the game. Deano wasn't a giant but he went on to have a good career.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: route one[/cite]Uncle is that your other nephew? think i remember you saying you have another one on the books before

No mate he's my mates boy came through the ranks of my brothers team. My nephew is much younger only about 8 or 9 just signed for the acadamy so sadly uncle will be here ages ;-)

it's good to know we are picking up talent still!

Good to have you aboard for the long haul - maybe you could get a job as a scout!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]This isn't Charlton related but there's a lad who plays in my son's school football team who is an outstanding footballer. He wins matches single-handedly. He doesn't score any goals because he's the goalkeeper. He just doesn't let any in. He's currently on Fulham's books but he's been told that he's being released at the end of this season because they've done a bone scan on him and the consultant's estimate of his adult height is only 5'11" and they're not prepared to invest in him if he's not going to be a 'giant'. What a way to let down a 9 year old. I just hope that someone like Charlton or Leyton Orient can pick him up because I'm sure he could have a career in the game. Deano wasn't a giant but he went on to have a good career.

contact the club - they would probably go and watch him or offer him a trial. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]This isn't Charlton related but there's a lad who plays in my son's school football team who is an outstanding footballer. He wins matches single-handedly. He doesn't score any goals because he's the goalkeeper. He just doesn't let any in. He's currently on Fulham's books but he's been told that he's being released at the end of this season because they've done a bone scan on him and the consultant's estimate of his adult height is only 5'11" and they're not prepared to invest in him if he's not going to be a 'giant'. What a way to let down a 9 year old. I just hope that someone like Charlton or Leyton Orient can pick him up because I'm sure he could have a career in the game. Deano wasn't a giant but he went on to have a good career.[/quote]

contact the club - they would probably go and watch him or offer him a trial. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain[/quote]

But don't build up his hopes too much. If he is going to be 5'11'' it could be a deal breaker, can't think of many keepers under 6 ft in this day and age, Deano was 6'1''. Its just effing stupid that at 9 years old kids futures are being judged. Hopefully he will get into another club and he will be the giant that he needs to be.
  • Options
    How tall is Shay Given??!
  • Options
    Given is 6'1

Kiely is 6'1 also.

Get on to the club about him, VMM. His future may or may not be as a keeper, but that is some let-down for a 9 year old