Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Murray replaces Adrian Chiles for BBC World Cup

I agree with Murray himself the decision is mind blowing. Chiles is poor IMO.

However, I literally can't stand Murray on C5, he is so irritating, as is his Irish accent (which I know he can't help). Rank amateur.

http://celebrity.uk.msn.com/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=153138779

Sorry link not working, but you know the guy C5 footie presenter, black hair, glasses, mid 30's sounds a bit like Ian Paisley.

Comments

• Options
    I read this yesterday, woeful decision. Cant believe this mallet keeps getting work, dont understand a single word he says.

What next, Rab C Nesbitt doing the commentating.
  • Options
    Colin Murray is excellent on Fighting Talk and I quite like the chap.

He does seem to be getting a lot more airtime lately and seems to cover for just about anyone but for now I reserve judgement as he seems pretty OK to me

Alan Green on the other hand.....not he is an odious muppet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Rank amateur.

Don't agree at all with this. I listen to 5Live regularly and find him quite knowledgeable and easy to listen to.

My first choice would have been James Richardson because he's always brilliant on Guardian Football Weekly.
  • Options
    I love James Richardson......reminds me of knickerbocker glorys and Scudetto.
  • Options
    Colin Murray!!!!!!!!!
    If his fronting the show is going to be anything like his woeful performance last night on the Athletico Madrid V Liverpool game he can F Off right now....abysmal and amatuerish doesn't even begin to describe it, he's awful.
    I'm not that keen on Child's either to be honest but he leaves that fella standing.
  • Options
    Murray - good on the radio, shocking on the tele.
  • Options
    should have got Rachel Riley to do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]should have got Rachel Riley to do it.

:-)
  • Options
    Emma should have got it :<]
  • Options
    They should pull stops out and get Ian Wright in. The man's broadcasting gold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Colin Murray knowledgeable? About what? Being a prawn?
    He cannot even speak English.
    Bring back Des Lynham and Steve Rider.
  • Options
    Terrible decision. I do worry about the BBC lately.
  • Options
    Sports presenters on BBC used to be the cream of the crop. Colin Murrray will be the latest in a long line of woeful misfits.
  • Options
    Murray is shite. He ruined Channel five's coverage of the NFL - working opposite Mike Carlson, who is super-knowledgeable and a good presenter showed Murray up as the stupid amateur he is. His football knowledge is a bit better than his NFL knowledge, but I still find him irritating. Then again, I hate Adrian Chiles as well - annoying fat brummie twerp.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Murray is shite. He ruined Channel five's coverage of the NFL - working opposite Mike Carlson, who is super-knowledgeable and a good presenter showed Murray up as the stupid amateur he is. His football knowledge is a bit better than his NFL knowledge, but I still find him irritating. Then again, I hate Adrian Chiles as well - annoying fat brummie twerp.

That Nick Halling that does NFL on sky is quite annoying too. Somehow got himself a job on the football league show aswell, doing the voiceover for the goals roundup.
  • Options
    Another Liverpool fan in the sports media, suprise, suprise, suprise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Murray is shite. He ruined Channel five's coverage of the NFL - working opposite Mike Carlson, who is super-knowledgeable and a good presenter showed Murray up as the stupid amateur he is. His football knowledge is a bit better than his NFL knowledge, but I still find him irritating. Then again, I hate Adrian Chiles as well - annoying fat brummie twerp.

That Nick Halling that does NFL on sky is quite annoying too. Somehow got himself a job on the football league show aswell, doing the voiceover for the goals roundup.
    Yeah, Halling's always been a tool - but at least he's knowledgeable. Murray knows as much about the NFL as I know about Curling.
  • Options
    I don't know why (well it may be to do with the fact that I like Fighting Talk), but I don't mind Colin Murray at all. Having said that, I like Alan Green as well - he may be opinionated etc., but he isn't boring and that is the biggest sin in entertainment broadcasting as far as I'm concerned. I think that Murray has a personality as well, and I think that it counts for a lot...

*Dons tin hat*
  • Options
    Jeez no! He has the worst Northern Irish accent ever! I turn off everytime i hear him. The worst was when he was on the radio with his Scottish Missus. WTF????? Made my ears bleed! Why do we have to have someone with a regional accent? Surely there must be a sporty Chumley Warner out there that everyone can understand????
  • Options
    He's simply embarrassing...full stop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I love James Richardson......reminds me of knickerbocker glorys and Scudetto.[/quote]

James Richardson is the greatest IMO

"Berlusconi will be back at the San Siro this weekend after heart surgery.....he's had one installed"
  • Options
    Chiles is shockingly poor how he got one of the best jobs around i will never know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Chiles is shockingly poor how he got one of the best jobs around i will never know.

Ru...I take it you've not yet seen this fella Murray then?
  • Options
    adsads
    edited April 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Jeez no! He has the worst Northern Irish accent ever! I turn off everytime i hear him. The worst was when he was on the radio with his Scottish Missus. WTF????? Made my ears bleed! Why do we have to have someone with a regional accent? Surely there must be a sporty Chumley Warner out there that everyone can understand????[/quote]

they could get paul merson and stan collymore to co-present instead, with gazza as special studio guest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Colin Murray is excellent on Fighting Talk and I quite like the chap.

He does seem to be getting a lot more airtime lately and seems to cover for just about anyone but for now I reserve judgement as he seems pretty OK to me

Alan Green on the other hand.....not he is an odious muppet
    Agreed, fighting talk is excellent, got my ticket for FT live in Blackheath.
    I don't quite understand the hatred towards him, quite like him and I don't mind Chiles either, looks like I'm in a very small minority
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Murray - good on the radio, shocking on the tele.

Spot on

He's relaxed and witty on fighting talk, but seems to freeze in front a camera
  • Options
    Enjoyed his book had me in giggles a fair bit and his coverage of the poker was entertaining. Not so keen when he does the Liverpool games but I can't watch Liverpool play for more than 10 minutes. Good on the radio.

Quite like his accent reminds me of one of my mates I don't get to see having gone back home across the pond. He reckons he's a throughly nice fella too.
  • Options
    Came out with one of the funniest off the cuff lines I've ever heard in sports reporting. Can't see there's anything particularly wrong with him or Chiles. It's the "experts" like Lawro and Lee Dickless that push my buttons.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Yeah, Halling's always been a tool - but at least he's knowledgeable. Murray knows as much about the NFL as I know about Curling.

funnily enough I actually like Nick Halling.

Colin Murray though, no thanks, part of the worst football coverage on telly (C5 Europa League - where Graham Taylor spent 5 minutes talking about a Jean Claude Van Damme film last month, during the game!), and with ITV around that's saying something.
  • Options
    Colin Murray is like the proverbial cows mess in a field at the moment, he's absolutely everywhere. As much as I would prefer to watch or listen to him over the smarmy and smug Adrian Chiles, I just wonder why he's getting all this work? As entertaining as fighting talk is, I can't turn the radio on these days without hearing his voice.

That said i actually quite like the man although I would prefer an Englishman presenting our World cup progress.