Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds getting a bit cocky before Saturday

2»

Comments

• Options
    Then stop browsing Robert Pattison websites and get outside. It's lovely out there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Then stop browsing Robert Pattison websites and get outside. It's lovely out there!

lol i cant mate some of us work!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good luck to yorkshire this weekend leeds and sheffield wednesday double please!

i am with you on this
  • Options
    Just a single for me...................dont want to watch them nrothern monkies partying on our turf
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Just a single for me...................dont want to watch them nrothern monkies partying on our turf

Same as from me and i would prefer to play them in play-offs then the mighty millwall!
  • Options
    I find it a bit odd that some would want Leeds to beat us on Saturday to deny Millwall. I could just about understand it if we had nothing to play for but as a minimum we have home field advantage to play for in the second leg of the play-offs. I know I would much prefer playing at a full Valley in the second leg. We also would take the confidence of beating Leeds into the play-offs and could even open up the (remote) possibility of automatic if other results went our way. We all know how important promotion is for the club this year so I'm afraid rivalry even with Millwall is out of the window this weekend for me.
  • Options
    I dont know why everyone is so nervous about playing Millwall, it would be just as daunting having to go to a packed out Elland Road, Galpharm Stadium or County Ground who all arguably have the same if not better quality players. People are making Millwall out to be some worldbeaters, there all going to be tough games whoever we get. Bring em all on thats what i say!
  • Options
    May I just add, if i had to choose one of those teams who I could say the players would go out knowing they can get sweet revenge....its the scum!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]I dont know why everyone is so nervous about playing Millwall, it would be just as daunting having to go to a packed out Elland Road, Galpharm Stadium or County Ground who all arguably have the same if not better quality players. People are making Millwall out to be some worldbeaters, there all going to be tough games whoever we get. Bring em all on thats what i say!

sort of nervous because our recent history and both games against them this season although i agree they are no better then the other teams but for some reason we have not showed in either game that they would be easier then the others? but then again you never know with play offs and generally who turns up on the day, still if we play to what we can on our day feel we would beat any of them but unfortunately you can never gurantee it
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20100427/charlton-game-beamed-back-to-er_2247585_2036438

Looks like they are trying to stop the expected invasion of ticketless fans and save you soft southern shandy drinkingfrom watching us northern monkeys celebrating on your pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll piss meself when Leeds fcuk this one up, and if they don't atleast it means Millwall don't go up :-) Although they will after beating us in playoffs.

Shame this game doesn't mean as much to us.
  • Options
    Some of you would rather sacrifice and important result for your own club in order to see Millwall suffer? Effectively you hate Millwall MORE than you love Charlton?

You don't know how much that makes me smile...

That sort of attitude smacks of a Johnny-come-lately to me. How can you not want anyone other than your own team to win at ALL times? Now I hate palace.....nay, detest them. But if we were in your position and they were in ours, i'd still want us to win. I'd still want us to batter whoever we were playing regardless of what it meant elsewhere. I can't work out some of the attitudes on here. Still, if that's how you feel.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20100427/charlton-game-beamed-back-to-er_2247585_2036438

Looks like they are trying to stop the expected invasion of ticketless fans and save you soft southern shandy drinking c**ts from watching us northern monkeys celebrating on your pitch.

see still confident that you are going to get promoted saturday, we shall see.... i reckon well do ya so no chance of you celeberating at ours :o)

So those that want to come ticketless will be worth it to see the misery on your faces
  • Options
    Why would anyone want us to lose on Saturday ?

If we win, we give ourselves a chance of a more favorable draw in the playoff’s, the mental advantage over Leeds should we meet them in the playoff’s, improve our form, avoid having to play the team that spanked us 4-0 (which psychologically must be a fairly huge burden should we face them again) and – importantly – record a win against one of the top three for the only time this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Some of you would rather sacrifice and important result for your own club in order to see Millwall suffer? Effectively you hate Millwall MORE than you love Charlton?

You don't know how much that makes me smile...

That sort of attitude smacks of a Johnny-come-lately to me. How can you not want anyone other than your own team to win at ALL times? Now I hate palace.....nay, detest them. But if we were in your position and they were in ours, i'd still want us to win. I'd still want us to batter whoever we were playing regardless of what it meant elsewhere. I can't work out some of the attitudes on here. Still, if that's how you feel.....

Theres only about 2 or 3 that are saying it to be fair. And i honestly think they are talking pony......its not really what they want.
    If we get beat on saturday and anyone walks out the Valley happy cos it f*cks Millwall over, they need their head looking at. I wanna win every game, no matter what the knock on effect to others. If you dont....your a mug.
  • Options
    How can anyone say they want Leeds to beat us on Saturday is beyond me. Who cares who we play in the playoffs, If we meet Millwall then so be it, We still have the same chance against them as if we were to meet Swindon or Huddersfield. It seems like a lot on here are happy to see a second team in as many weeks get promoted on our patch.
    Everyone moans about booing on here and how much negativity it gives to the players, well how about everyone on here and the official site saying we don’t want Millwall because were going to lose to them. Fcuk Millwall Fcuk Leeds fcuk em all, if were truly good enough to go up we will do, if not we wont simples.
  • Options
    I want us to win. But I reckon it'll end a draw which does neither side any good.
  • Options
    Well, i'll be in a bar in the Algarve (....probably AlgarveAddicks bar) watching it, and i'll happily back Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]I want us to win. But I reckon it'll end a draw which does neither side any good.

It does Leeds good if Millwall can only draw at Tranmere.

For what it's worth i think we need to beat Leeds as we want to finish in the top 4 and have the 2nd play off leg at home and go into the play offs with a bit of momentum. If we help Millwall along the way then so be it but we should worry about ourselves first and other sides later.
  • Options
    Leeds are right bellends aren't they Norwich have really embaressed them this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Indeed. Last thing you want is a loss to Leeds, then possibly still having them in the semi finals.

I'd be backing Charlton to win this regardless of our position. Wipe those smug smirks of Leeds faces and their arrogance.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I dont it matters one jot what position we finish in now.

Personally I hope we beat Leeds and Millwall lose, that way Leeds dont actually get to celebrate promotion in our back yard.

There is very little difference between Millwall, Charlton, Swindon and Huddersfield and I could see us losing or beating any of those sides over two legs whether we play at home first or second.

Millwall played Leeds away second leg last year and were ok.

Personally I would rather play Millwall who we owe one, rather than Swindon who probably feel they owe us one for the late equalisers even though Millwall are a better side but there you go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Indeed. Last thing you want is a loss to Leeds, then possibly still having them in the semi finals.

If Leeds beat us i don't think they'll have to worry about the play offs.
  • Options
    I hate leeds and would much rather millwall went up instead of them. Dont have the inbuilt hatred of Millwall that the older lot of you seem to have and am pretty indifferent towards them as i am pretty much every other club other than Charlton. But despite the results i enjoyed the millwall games build up and matches (well first half of the away game) as it was a lot more passionate than any leeds game i remember and would like to have it as a fixture next season along with palace.
  • Options
    Leeds will bring thousands down to LONDON- No denying that.

Bank Holiday, last away of the seaosn, in London, chance of promotion. They would bring plenty more down than they have tickets for, even if there was nothing on the game for them in my opinion.

That does not however mean that they will have hundreds/thousands around the valley before ,during and after - most will stay in Central london im sure and it will just be a day on the wee wee for them

Every clubs has its idiots. i know plenty of Leeds through England games and they are decent lads - Top away support (no denying that)!!

That said I hope we do them on Sat!!!
  • Options
    agree with southend
    and would get a lot more pleasure/pain out of beating/losing to millwall in the play offs !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20100427/charlton-game-beamed-back-to-er_2247585_2036438

Looks like they are trying to stop the expected invasion of ticketless fans and save you soft southern shandy drinkingfrom watching us northern monkeys celebrating on your pitch.

Why are there ticket restrictions in place i.e. 1 x ticket per season ticket holder/member??? surely making this available to all Leeds fans would help stop ticket less ones traveling down on the Saturday.
    I reckon you are worried that 15,000 Charlton fans might travel up to sit and watch it with you ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Well, i'll be in a bar in the Algarve (....probably AlgarveAddicks bar) watching it, and i'll happily back Charlton.

Perry will insist you do ;-) Give him my regards and remind him I'm back in September.

And the rubbish from some above wanting Leeds to win ... well that's entirely what is it ... rubbish ... what a joke.

We're going to beat you in the playoffs anyway so what's the problem :-)