Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Championship Snooker updates here

started 2.30pm so thought i'd post link as its going to be a cracker, they both been playing very well

Ronnie O Sullivan v Mark Selby live on BBC- UK Only

I reckon/hope Ronnie wins and keeps in the mindest he has been in so far

Comments

• I hope Steve Davis can keep going....
  • I take it noone on here enjoys snooker then :o( other then me, suprised as world championship on and any other sport would get its own thread
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I hope Steve Davis can keep going....

Hooray we have another, me too but he is getting battered 7-1 mid-session playing till close tonight! still regardless what a terrific performance and result against the provisional world number one John Higgins, first round nice final frame win against Mark King also cant help but not like Davis
  • I think the winner of this will win the title.

Davis is getting battered - 7-1 down.
  • [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]I think the winner of this will win the title.

Davis is getting battered - 7-1 down.

lol funny how we both use the same word at same time....spooky!

Yeah i think that also thats why i started the thread to try get something going, if not these two only other would say Mark Allen as he has been playing well
  • come on Selby! - i know he's a genius and everything, but i love seeing Ronnie O'Sulkyman lose.
  • Murphy has a good record at Crucible.

I think they've tightened the pockets up this year, only 43 tons so far - last year there were 82.
  • Murphy says he has God on his side. Hope for his sake its not the one that created that tornado in Mississippi at the weekend.
  • I think Ali Carter has a good chance of winning the tournament.
  • Ronnie 3-2 down missing aswell :-O

COME ON RONNIE, haven't been watching it all unfortunately as at work but been flicking over
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Murphy has a good record at Crucible.

I think they've tightened the pockets up this year, only 43 tons so far - last year there were 82.

You could be right there, as standard seems quite well this year. either that or pehaps the balls aren't breaking up as well or that bit of luck, after last years centuries thought we would be in for just as much this year but like i said been good standard from what i have seen

Re Murphy, i dont think he would beat either Selby or Ronnie so cant see past them really. allen would have best chance as he has had easier draw and playing well but you never know...

Ali Carter Same really if either him or Murphy win would not be good although im not a fan of either so slightly biast
  • lol just checked back after 5mins roughly and Ronnie now 3-3, i really need to watch this as frames are fast paced in finishing good for viewing i'd guess
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]Murphy says he has God on his side. Hope for his sake its not the one that created that tornado in Mississippi at the weekend.[/quote]

oh well,looks like god wants him to go out in the quarters
  • Ronnie just jumped over standard black whilst in amongst the balls, i've done that a couple times bloody frustrating for me so i imagine much worse for him....also with his insanity even more so lol
  • This Steve Davis match is breaking my heart
  • can't stand O'Sullivan he just doesn't ever seem to be grateful or happy.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]can't stand O'Sullivan he just doesn't ever seem to be grateful or happy.

Yeah, I'd prefer for Selby to win that and leave O'Sullivan to talk about how he doesn't really care and doesn't enjoy snooker anyway
  • edited April 2010
    Women referees: FAIL!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/8641646.stm

Ther's obviously another woman with a nice top on in the crowd that she noticed just before her big mistake.......
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]can't stand O'Sullivan he just doesn't ever seem to be grateful or happy.
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]can't stand O'Sullivan he just doesn't ever seem to be grateful or happy.

Yeah, I'd prefer for Selby to win that and leave O'Sullivan to talk about how he doesn't really care and doesn't enjoy snooker anyway

Tbf that is 50% of people who follow snookers opinon, they dont like him...... he's a bit like marmite you either love him or hate him!

Personally I think he's great, mainly because when he is on his game there is noone better to watch, he's a genius and should have won more world championship had it not for him being so insecure and all his problems

Press hate him and alot of people just get annoyed with him now as they expect it and they probably think being the top snooker player he should enjoy what he's doing etc. ended 4-4 yesterday which im sure most people would know, reckon he will win 13-11

COME ON RONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • On another note, anyone watch steve davis v neil robertson last night? 12-2 ahead suprised Stevey managed to make it to todays session winning last 2 frames to make it 12-4, just a question of when Robertson will win today not if with being one frame needed. last two frames they both missed sooo much but was good viewing i thought, although went to someone in the crowd who looked like they were falling asleep and looked at his watch lol thats snooker for you can be very dull to watch
  • Sponsored links:

• note updated for a while sorry not been watching it as on in backround at work....

Graham'Boring' Dott has beaten Mark Allen 13-12, will play winner of:
    Ronnie v selby, currently 9-7- selby just got two frames in a row haven't been watching though just from scores- resumes tonight

Other match on other table finished early 13-5 robertson will play winner of following:
    also this morning Murphy vs Carter 8-8 resumes tonight also
  • Shame Davis lost; always liked him. That double on the brown in the last round was outstanding.
  • ronnie loses,viewing figures plummet
  • Watched the last frame, he couldn't wait to get out of there - pretty disgraceful really!
  • he is a terrible bad loser, half expect him to throw his cue across the table shouting 'i'm not playing anymore'
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]he is a terrible bad loser, half expect him to throw his cue across the table shouting 'i'm not playing anymore'

he is but arent most good players as you got to have the winning mentality, i for one hate losing at anything but then again im not a bad loser the way he is and will still congratulate the opponnent just be annoyed with myself

shame i missed the end as had football training :o( glad i did now, so :

Selby v Dott
    Ali Carter v Murphy dont know score yet v Robertson

Hopefully Robertson v Selby final then may bring myself to watch it

If Dott's in it i am not, watched last one when he won it he is far too boring imo
  • edited May 2010
    One for the connoisseur with all the safety play.

Dott is a resilient so and so but I think Robertson has finally broken him.
  • Hurry up I've got work tomorrow!
  • Congratulations Neil Robertson, 18-13 victory.
  • That final was awful. It's a pity, because both of them had played great snooker along the way. Dott doesn't have many fans, but his 146 was amazing. Robertson pulled it out against Gould. I can only assume it was the nerves that got to them.

Well done Robertson. Hopefully Dott will get back to his high quality snooker after this