Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Championship Snooker updates here

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]That final was awful. It's a pity, because both of them had played great snooker along the way. Dott doesn't have many fans, but his 146 was amazing. Robertson pulled it out against Gould. I can only assume it was the nerves that got to them.

Well done Robertson. Hopefully Dott will get back to his high quality snooker after this

Certainly think Robertson was nervy (hence incredibly slow). Dott just looked tired to me.
  • Options
    I like a bit of snooker but had to give up by about 11......dull as anything watching those 2
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]That final was awful. It's a pity, because both of them had played great snooker along the way. Dott doesn't have many fans, but his 146 was amazing. Robertson pulled it out against Gould. I can only assume it was the nerves that got to them.

Well done Robertson. Hopefully Dott will get back to his high quality snooker after this

agreed, had to stay up watching it....well i was playing poker aswell worst final in history its gotta be. god knows why they didn't start till 3, snooker really is a fcuk'd up sport at the mo barry hearn needs to sort it out big time!

well done to Robertson, prefer'd him to win to dott also if dott had won any more frames i would of been slitting my wrists. Lets hope next year isnt such a bore fest, shame really as had been good tournement up to the final
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Dott just looked tired to me.

I agree, thought he looked exhausted through most of the final, although especially on Sunday evening.
  • Options
    No idea why they schedule it for such ridiculous times, the final always seems to go on late into the night, no wonder the players are tired. I didn't think that 29th frame was ever going to end.
  • Options
    No idea why i stayed up to watch the end. I think if Dott had won that last frame i would have given up.

Theoretically that game could have gone on until about 4am. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Fortunately the last 2 frames were not quite so slow. I think it's a mixture of mental tiredness and pressure that makes them start playing negatively and missing easy balls. They should definitely start earlier and maybe have a rest day between semis and final.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dott virtually admitted afterwards to just trying to hang on in there.

He said Robertson was the better player and he had no idea how he won 13 frames.

Incidentally back in the seventies and prior (pre Crucible and TV days) they would play the World final over 73 frames!
  • Options
    Back in the 30s and 40s it was best of 147 over two weeks and they played the dead frames.
  • Options
    in the 20's it was the first to 150 frames and they played outside in january
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Back in the 30s and 40s it was best of 147 over two weeks and they played the dead frames.

god imagine if them 2 had to play that, they would have to clear there diary for the next year and still wouldn't be done