Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Season In Division 3

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Elliot

Solly
Mambo
Clark
Basey

Wagstaff
Stavrinou
Racon
Davisson

Burton
Tuna

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    or the championship
  • Options
    Nothing like a good bit of positivity just before we head off into the play offs B-)
  • Options
    Very unlikely. Jenkinson will play and Clark will be released ;-)

Seriously though if we don't go up we'd bring in a few older players on frees at the very least. No chance of starting that many youngsters. Would only end in a relegation battle.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    League 1 mate :-). If we dont go up we will be lucky to keep Burton, Racon and Elliot from that squad, very lucky.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Elliot

Solly
    Mambo
    Clark
    Basey

Wagstaff
    Stavrinou
    Racon
    Davisson

Burton
    Tuna

Discuss

if we stay down reckon team would be:

Randolph/Elliot

Richardson(cant see him going)
    Mambo(if Daily goes)
    Llera(cant see sodje staying)
    Basey(youga would no doubt be snapped up if fit)

Waggy
    Semedo
    New Player? (bailey & racon gone)
    Reid/Jackson, reckon we will sign one of the two

Forster
    Burton

of strikers likely to lose mooney,Sodje, dickson & tuna as back ups

Still up via play-offs people have faith :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]dont think so len, if we go down reckon team would be

no chance of going down :0)
  • Options
    I think alot of you forget that alot of other clubs are in poor finances. Can see a lot of freebies this summer and not alot of money spent throughout the leagues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]dont think so len, if we go down reckon team would be

no chance of going down :0)[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_686691 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]X_04_June3.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Bloody hell again, stop stalking me and pointing out my flaws to everyone god damn it!!! :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Nothing like a good bit of positivity just before we head off into the play offs B-)

Realism I call it. OK I've probably exaggerated the team a little for effect but, sadly, I genuinely believe we will be in the third tier next season. I've followed Charlton a long time and know the signs.

In fact I will put my money where my mouth is: If we go up, either automatically or via the play-offs, I will give £50 to Demelza via Danny's justgiving page, if it still exists for the gift aid, or directly to him if not.

Any optimist prepared to match it if we stay down?
  • Options
    add Kandol and Dave martin to the team aswell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]add Kandol and Dave martin to the team aswell.

That'd be good :o)

also forgot matt spring will still be here and in that case he would probably be in the middle unless we sign someone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Nothing like a good bit of positivity just before we head off into the play offs B-)

Realism I call it. OK I've probably exaggerated the team a little for effect but, sadly, I genuinely believe we will be in the third tier next season. I've followed Charlton a long time and know the signs.

In fact I will put my money where my mouth is: If we go up, either automatically or via the play-offs, I will give £50 to Demelza via Danny's justgiving page, if it still exists for the gift aid, or directly to him if not.

FFS Len. We've been on the same page of the book for years - but I'm just not having this.

You can bet your life that on Leeds, Huddersfield, Swindon and Millwall message boards they are talking about going up and their team for next year in a higher division - yet we have people saying they know we wont go up because they are "realists". what's the point in that?

There will be 4 teams in the play offs. One of them will go up. That's a 1 in 4 chance we'll go up and a 3 in 4 chance we wont.

I'll have your bet with you if you match those odds - I give £50 to charity if we don't go up, you give £200 if we do. Deal?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

FFS Len. We've been on the same page of the book for years - but I'm just not having this.

You can bet your life that on Leeds, Huddersfield, Swindon and Millwall message boards they are talking about going up and their team for next year in a higher division - yet we have people saying they know we wont go up because they are "realists". what's the point in that?

There will be 4 teams in the play offs. One of them will go up. That's a 1 in 4 chance we'll go up and a 3 in 4 chance we wont.

I'll have your bet with you if you match those odds - I give £50 to charity if we don't go up, you give £200 if we do. Deal?

I don't have £200 spare to give so no deal.

Like I said I will give £50 to Demelza if we do go up. No more no less. Will anybody who thinks I'm being unduly pessimistic match it?
  • Options
    been away sorry ... what were the play-off scores?
  • Options
    Always love a positive thread FFS
  • Options
    Have I missed something, no JJ?
  • Options
    no-one says we are odds-on to win, but it does seem daft to write off our chances two weeks before a ball has even been kicked?
  • Options

Like I said I will give £50 to Demelza if we do go up. No more no less. Will anybody who thinks I'm being unduly pessimistic match it?

But surely you wont need £200 though Len and the risk is all mine?
  • Options
    I take it you wont bother going to the playoff games then Len?
  • Options
    Yes lets all be positive i mean we have just sold a true tralent for naff all to pay off a debt. Thats sends out a truely positive message to players and fans dont it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But surely you wont need £200 though Len and the risk is all mine?

Yes on the balance of probability the risk is yours but sometimes, and I hope to God this is one of those times even if I'm out of pocket, the unpredictable happens and I am not going to bet anymore than originally stated, namely £50.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]I take it you wont bother going to the playoff games then Len?

I will attend the home play-off game for sure. I dearly hope to be proved wrong and compelled to fork out £50!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Yes lets all be positive i mean we have just sold a true tralent for naff all to pay off a debt. Thats sends out a truely positive message to players and fans dont it.

I'd love to have your bank balance if £1.7million equates to "naff all".

Still, lets all moan and bitch about how life is shit, eh?
  • Options
    charlton are best priced 13-5 to win the play offs so £50 wins £130
  • Options
    Moving away from BET365 ;0) - I think there will be cuts to the playing staff but maybe not as drastic as some people are suggesting. I can certainly see Bailey moving on to a Championship team but in all honesty I can`t say that I envisage a queue forming for anyone else with the possible exception of Sam. Fringe players out of contract will be released and help pay for a smaller but more relevent squad. Can`t see Dailly or Burton moving on so I am covinced that with a couple of experienced frees and or loans the squad next year won`t be hugely less effective than this season. Perhaps Liverpool will throw a couple of loanees our way ? Should we gain promotion I really can`t see the scenario being very different tbh.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Elliot

Solly
    Mambo
    Clark
    Basey

[/quote]

a back four of youngsters doesn't fill me with much confidence.

it's too early to speculate to next season's team.

if we go up then surely parky will be given some money to invest in new players. if we don't go up then we're likely to lose players like bailey, semendo, racon, youga and they'll be replaced with freebies and loans (most likely a couple of liverpool youngsters.)

let's try and stay optimistic for the moment and worry about next season when this one has finished.
  • Options

Solly
    Mambo
    Clark
    Basey

Wagstaff
    Stavrinou
    Racon
    Davisson

Burton
    Tuna

Discuss

Llera will still be here.
    Spring and even Dean Sinclair might be here in midfield.
    We could get McLeod and Fleetwood back!
  • Options

Solly
    Mambo
    Clark
    Basey

Wagstaff
    Stavrinou
    Racon
    Davisson

Burton
    Tuna

Discuss

...down by christmas with that lot
  • Options
    Oldfield

Flannagan
    Robinson
    Sama
    Wisdom

Coady
    Roddan
    Silva
    Ince

Adorjan
    Ngoo

Subs:

Stirling
    Emilsson
    Chamberlin
    McGivern
    Ihiekwie
  • Options
    Deal.