Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'THE VALLEY PARTY' TWENTY YEARS ON - PART 4 - The Advertising Campaign

Comments

• Just seen this - great post, well done Richard / Prague.

This post actually has special resonance with me - I too used to work at BMP, starting in late 1990 and staying for 13 years. Therefore I know Mike and Dave, and can indeed testify to them being a) top blokes and b) proper footy fans. I remember in our many discussion about football them telling me about their involvement in the VP campaign. Haven't seen them for a while, but do know they're still doing well.

Small world, eh?!

Blimey. Shouldn't we know each other? Will send you a private message.

• I'd really urgently like to get hold of some of the campaign posters, can anyone help?

Thanks

BR
  • Has anyone found the campaign posters yet?

Rumour has it that someone at the 20th Anniversary do / Trust launch offered them to CASTrust but no contact numbers were exchanged to see it through.

Can the online images be retrieved?
  • edited August 2021
    image.
    036.jpg 691.6K
  • I worked with BMP and my colleagues even worked with Prague, forgetting about Charlton this is a brilliant case study in how advertising can work per se and how it can work for the community.

I had a framed "Bartram" mini poster in my study for many years having removed the original poster of one of my brands "Vesta".

Fantastic campaign.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sure there's a market for copies of the ad posters now
  • Riscardo said:

I'm sure there's a market for copies of the ad posters now

I think the museum is working on this

• Steve Dixon, I believe, used to have a stock many years ago. I bought a set from him at a programme fair at the Valley way back when.
  • Fantastic fantastic stuff. Mr Hunt is one of many who has my undying admiration for what they did back then, and im so proud I made my somewhat lesser contribution - canvassing commuters at Greenwich station. I wonder if we will ever have to do something like that again.
  • Haven't seen that one for a long while ...
  • Sponsored links:

• you have some great stuff there miserable
  • cafc999 said:

you have some great stuff there miserable

too right he does. Amazing memories. But I suspect he is holding back the Big One.

MoG, have you got the original Message to our Supporters? The one that tells us how to get to Selhurst on the 75 bus, and that the pitch is always in first class condition...
  • cafc999 said:

too right he does. Amazing memories. But I suspect he is holding back the Big One.

MoG, have you got the original Message to our Supporters? The one that tells us how to get to Selhurst on the 75 bus, and that the pitch is always in first class condition...
    I've still got mine
  • cafc999 said:

I've still got mine
    Could you scan and post it, perhaps?

This one (the appeal to Spanners) is really interesting. Might be one to remember, given what we are hearing about the future of the Rustbucket.
  • It's at my mums but will dig it out next time I'm over there.

Great. Should be in the Museum too, I think. But maybe Henry has a copy...
  • edited April 2014

Never seen this before - or even knew it was put together. (Edit: The Millwall sheet)

Great. Should be in the Museum too, I think. But maybe Henry has a copy...
    I thought I did but can I find it? Like feck can I.

All this sort of thing needs to a least be on record for the history of the club.

Doesn't have to be given or loaned to the museum (though we'd love to have them) but a photo so it is in the archive.
  • @PragueAddick‌ I have just emailed to you a scanned copy
    @Henry Irving‌ do you want this too?