Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'THE VALLEY PARTY' TWENTY YEARS ON - PART 4 - The Advertising Campaign

13»

Comments

• Only just caught up with this. Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks Prague and all the others that contributed. I started supporting Charlton just after we won the cup in 1947, been a crazy ride but I've enjoyed it immensely.
  • Morning.
    Funnily enough, the only one I seem not have, or can find, is the original "Message to our Supporters".
    I remember reading it and throwing it away thinking it was some kind of sick joke, but definetly nicked my mates copy after the Palace game.
  • Hmm interesting ... in 2010 DaveMehmet says his one is at home and on this thread he says it's at his Mums ..?!? Something does nt add up here , probably not even got one...
  • Shag said:

Hmm interesting ... in 2010 DaveMehmet says his one is at home and on this thread he says it's at his Mums ..?!? Something does nt add up here , probably not even got one...

I HAVE got a mum.
  • Shag said:

Hmm interesting ... in 2010 DaveMehmet says his one is at home and on this thread he says it's at his Mums ..?!? Something does nt add up here , probably not even got one...

In 2010 he was living with his Mum?
  • Shag said:

I HAVE got a mum.
    A Mum is for life, not just for Christmas.
  • Seeing those posters appear around Greenwich made me proud to support Charlton and they still make me come over all emotional now. Richard and his cohorts did a great job and should be proud of it for the rest of their lives.
  • Finally got round to digging it out. Also found the programme that Mick Mills passed round the stoke coach for the team to sign as well as a commemorative book on the saga.

• Sponsored links:

This one (the appeal to Spanners) is really interesting. Might be one to remember, given what we are hearing about the future of the Rustbucket.
    Hi Prague,

What are we hearing? Its a shame I am so out of touch given I live 20 minutes from the rust bucket!!!!!

To avoid hijacking the thread feel free to PM

• Shag said:

I HAVE got a mum.

Not what she says! ;-)