Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The oil spill

Funnels,large concrete boxes,golf balls on a string and still the oil is spewing out.
I urge you all to have a quick look around your sheds/garages to see if you can find anything to help poor British petroleum out.

Comments

• THIS IS NOT GOT NEWS FOR THE SHARE PRICE WHICH IS MY PRIMARY CONCERN AT PRESENT.
  • What have you got shares in Steve? .Tupperware
  • Not me mate family member got shite loads of bp shares
  • It's obvious none of them have their Blue Peter Badge.

Valerie Singleton would have it sorted by now.

Or the 'A Team', fools.
  • At least Transocean, the company contracted by BP to drill the well, has made 270M in insurance profits from this disaster.
  • Sod the share price what about the enviromental impact this is having?
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]It's obvious none of them have their Blue Peter Badge.

Valerie Singleton would have it sorted by now.

Or the 'A Team', fools.

Spot on Addickted, a couple of old fairy liquid bottles and some sticky backed plastic would have the job done, possibly an empty egg box just in case!
  • Exactly CAFC Bourne - 210,000 gallons a day have been 'spilled' since this started.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Sod the share price what about the enviromental impact this is having?[/quote]

shut up you tart
  • Sod the share price Steve... take a look at these pics (that stonemuse posted elsewhere) of the terrible effect this spillage is causing.

Upsetting
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Not me mate family member got shite loads of bp shares

Anyone with any sense would've sold their BP shares the day it happened.
    Although i see your post was 3 weeks ago so maybe they've got rid by now?
  • I know curb it its terrible whats happening out there and whats even worse is not one idiot has a clue how to stop it!!

NSS I would assume he unloaded at reasonable price and i'm assuming that they would be looking to reinvest in those very shares again soon? To me they are nearing buying a good buying prices.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Sod the share price Steve... take a look at these pics (that stonemuse posted elsewhere) of the terrible effect this spillage is causing.

Upsetting

My god - those pictures are terrible.
  • who cares about the birds or environmental effect - what about the families of those who died.
  • edited June 2010
    This basically shows you how big the oil spill actually is in relation to the UK.

have a look
  • Thanks reserves. Good link. Shocking.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]who cares about the birds or environmental effect - what about the families of those who died.
    What a daft statement to make. The tragic deaths of 11 people - versus the absolute devastation inflicted on an entire ecosystem, the destruction of a whole economy and inherent loss of livelihood for literally hundreds of thousands of people, the knock-on effects on tourism. You should care about BOTH the deaths of the oil workers and the subsequent catastrophe.
  • Big Oil = big risk. BP made $16 billion last year . They have to pay and will be doing so for a very very very long time.

Exxon ValeDez was yonks ago and ExxonMobil are still paying.
  • edited June 2010
    What Oakster and Leroy said.

Sorry MrOneLung but that's one of the most ignorant statements that's been written on this site for a long time (well maybe not that long).
  • my original post was tongue in cheek and yes cafc bourne i wil be looking to purchase soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am glad I subscribed to Charltonlifeplus and found subtext on the red button
    It reads....
    me me me me me

Share prices ffs?
    11 dead and ubelievable environmental damage.
    but all we care about is how much we get back on our investment of our spare cash.
    Jeez, Bad karma mate. Join the world
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]I am glad I subscribed to Charltonlifeplus and found subtext on the red button
    It reads....
    me me me me me

Share prices ffs?
    11 dead and ubelievable environmental damage.
    but all we care about is how much we get back on our investment of our spare cash.
    Jeez, Bad karma mate. Join the world

Pension funds?

At some point peoples attention will be turned from enviromental issues to ones that affect us directly, like money.
    Sad but thats the human race, not all but most.
  • It is without doubt a human and enironmental catastrophe. But I can't help thinking that, if American citizens didn't have such a voracious appetite for cheap (very cheap) gasoline, then the likelihood of such a catastrophe would diminish significantly.

Be careful what you wish for.
  • Dont think anyone is wishing for it, except purveyors of airborne detergents and booms.

How anyone can worry about their spare cash dipping a little is beyond my understanding of selfishness.
    BP a major player, and holder of the key when it comes to a diminishing resource which they have part control of, as prices soar inexorably (and at the same time keeping those visionary pension fund managers happy in the long term) over the coming years.

It will be less than a decade before we face the same problem in Indonesia and Scotland.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]It is without doubt a human and enironmental catastrophe. But I can't help thinking that, if American citizens didn't have such a voracious appetite for cheap (very cheap) gasoline, then the likelihood of such a catastrophe would diminish significantly.

Be careful what you wish for.

No lover of the USA but they are by no means the only set of people(s) that have an appetite for cheap energy. We are all to blame if that is your reasoning behind this disaster. Not having a go, and playing devils advocate.
  • [cite]Posted By: Talk of The South[/cite]At least Transocean, the company contracted by BP to drill the well, has made 270M in insurance profits from this disaster.

I don't understand that statement. Care to explain?
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Talk of The South[/cite]At least Transocean, the company contracted by BP to drill the well, has made 270M in insurance profits from this disaster.

I don't understand that statement. Care to explain?

I presume he's referring to this: Link

All a bit ridiculous really
  • Dont forget its the pension funds of millions that will also be hit re the share fall and the pressure on BP.

BP say they will pay out first claims agaisnt them in days rather than the 45days /two months fast track claims take in the USA at the moment.

The sale of one asset of BP would be in the region of $25 million . They will have the cash to pay .

We have to decide if we want to risk another disaster like this or stop the process of taking oil from more and more difficult places. Whilst it may be stoped in Europe/USA they wnot stop it in Africa and some of the les developed areas of Europe/ middle east/Asia.

Oil compaanies should all pay into a disaster fund based on profits which are used to fund the payouts and clean ups of these disasters.

Its not just petrol its the by-products of oil as well such as plastics and chemicals.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Dont forget its the pension funds of millions that will also be hit re the share fall and the pressure on BP.

BP say they will pay out first claims agaisnt them in days rather than the 45days /two months fast track claims take in the USA at the moment.

The sale of one asset of BP would be in the region of $25 million . They will have the cash to pay .

We have to decide if we want to risk another disaster like this or stop the process of taking oil from more and more difficult places. Whilst it may be stoped in Europe/USA they wnot stop it in Africa and some of the les developed areas of Europe/ middle east/Asia.

Oil compaanies should all pay into a disaster fund based on profits which are used to fund the payouts and clean ups of these disasters.

Its not just petrol its the by-products of oil as well such as plastics and chemicals.
    100% true. The one saving grace (if that's a term you can use here) is that the area where the accident happened is relatively accessible. Try repairing it or cleaning up if it occurs under a mile of pack ice, or 100 miles into the Arctic ocean.
  • Anyone else like to sit down and watch CBS's Brit bashing hour every evening around this time?