Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

80 year old stabbed in Charlton

edited May 2010 in Not Sports Related
An elderly woman, believed to be in her late 80s, has been stabbed to death by a burglar in her south east London home.

Police found the body of the woman in her flat in Charlton this morning.

Scotland Yard said next of kin have been informed although formal identification has not yet taken place.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said a murder investigation was launched after the victim was found with multiple stab wounds in Valiant House, Sam Bartram Close.

An incident room has been set up at Lewisham police station under Detective Chief Inspector Cliff Lyons of the homicide and serious crime command.

DCI Lyons said: "This is a violent attack resulting in the death of an elderly lady in her own home.

"At this early stage we believe this is a burglary which has escalated into murder.

"I would appeal to anyone who knows anything about this incident to contact the police immediately."

Anyone with information is urged to contact the incident room at Lewisham on 0208 721 4961 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Jesus - what harm can an 80 year old lady do to you if you are going to burgle one!

Sometimes the death penalty is justified

Comments

• Options
    String the **********up from a lampost.
  • Options
    Dreadful. Just hard to comprehend.
  • Options
    Yer man i agree what would provoke someone to do that, sick.
  • Options
    Scum.
  • Options
    where is sam batram close ?
  • Options
    Round by the Jimmy Seed stand, where the away turnstiles are.
  • Options
    RIP.

Hope the sicko responsible goes away for a long long time.

NSS Valiant House is the tower block behind the JSS.
  • Options
    it beggars belief
  • Options
    Bloke in his 20's has been arrested
  • Options
    He should swing for that , it really does beggar belief !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hang em and hang em high

my thoughts to the ladys family
    rip
  • Options
    Can't be content with just nicking stuff from her. I just wish life meant life in this country. In the US he wouldn't see the light of day again. Scum, complete and utter scum.
  • Options
    I hope that they have the right person WSS i really do... things like that make me feel sick to the stomach, shocking!
  • Options
    Horrifying. Thoughts to the victim's family who may well have spent countless time helping and protecting their mother/grandmother in her later years. Life never ever to be released please. Vile scum.
  • Options
    RIP

My thoughts are with her family.
  • Options
    Life for a Life...coward
  • Options
    Thoughts are with the Family.

R.I.P
  • Options
    Oh Jeezuz!!!
  • Options
    What kind of person murders a harmless old woman
    the sick son of a b**** should swing

R.I.P
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP and best wishes to the family.

Who ever done it, i would personally cut them and let them slowly bleed to death.

Disgusting.
  • Options
    Just saw it on the London news. So sad to see charlton in back ground for such terrible circumstances. RIP a lady of our communitywho has been taken away by a very cruel way.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    sorry double post. Apologies.
  • Options
    Rip
  • Options
    RIP Bloody terrible
  • Options
    I have never advocated the return of capital punishment but hearing this news really does make me think I need to reapraise my position. RIP
  • Options
    The arrested person is a tennant in the same tower block ! Words fail me .
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Not supervised its the same block, these yobs don't like to go far for their easy money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Can't be content with just nicking stuff from her. I just wish life meant life in this country. In the US he wouldn't see the light of day again. Scum, complete and utter scum.

Totally agree.

RIP
  • Options
    Now a 32 year old woman has been nicked