Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To the hundreds trying to register for the site tonight.....

You'll all be declined.

I apologise if there are the odd genuine Charlton fan in there, however our collective pant-wetting stripey and thick neighbours, neither of whom care a jot about Charlton remember, wish to ease our pain with their celebration. And in their hundreds by the looks of it. Sadly our server load has gone into meltdown at times tonight.

As an aside, all those like myself, who have been sympathetic to the Selhurst mob amid their financial troubles, please have a little scout around their forums. You may not feel so charitable tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    Nice move
  • Options
    well played indeed - spotty nigels creaming over a keyboard. Hope their tinpot club melts away.
  • Options
    Barstewards !!
  • Options
    atleast we'll have a club/ground next yr
  • Options
    Hmmm,I too have been sympathetic to the problems that Palarse have faced this season but it seems their big brave keyboard warriors cannot wait to give it large, one thing I would say chaps is "he who laughs last" and all that. They are by no means out of the woods yet, by all accounts CPFC2010 have offered just 1p in the £1 to the major creditors today and a certain Mr Jordan does not appear too happy with that princely sum and it remains to be seen if the others will agree to it. They could well find themselves with an even bigger points deduction next season without a CVA, every day their saleable players are being linked with moves away from Smellhurst, the ground is in serious need of major works and all that the sad little nigels want to do is come on here and give US dogs abuse. Look in your own back yard boys before you dish too much dirt because its funny how things sometimes pan out. I think next year could be quite an interesting one and Im looking forward to it already!
  • Options
    Having said all that, walking back past the Royal Oak towards the bus stop tonight, the orange twat's words in may 2005 of "what goes around comes around" were ringing in my ears :-(
  • Options
    Well played AFKA
  • Options
    A wise decision IMHO but I will miss AFKAs classic notes in the "Banned" Section.

PauldCPFC for example "Prize degenerate gimp prick" : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I will miss AFKAs classic notes in the "Banned" Section.

I may have been in a particularly poor mood last night..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I will miss AFKAs classic notes in the "Banned" Section.

I may have been in a particularly poor mood inspired last night..........
    There, fixed that for you :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Palace we don't care about Charlton brigade giving it? :-O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well our wonderful neighbours can take a running jump as far as I'm concerned because no matter what happened last night- Charlton Athletic are more than just a football club, we are a cause, a religion even!! The pride and the passion the proud history of our great club far outweighs the "other two" added together, that is a simple statement of fact.They have nothing I want, this club has everything. Let them gloat, we will have our turn soon enough! My pride in this club remains undiminished- if anything it has grown bring on next season!

We dust ourselves down and fight again because we know no other way.
    Come on you REDS!
  • Options
    Awwww.
  • Options
    Makes you look a bit weak to be honest.

AFKA for every CAFC that has been decent about our financial situation there is a 100 that have been loving it. Most have taken the roll of spectators at a suicide, hoping the vitcim does jump...........so lets not kid ourselves eh?

If it had been Millwall or the Seaweed, they would not have locked down their forums...not a chance.
  • Options
    Go away
  • Options
    Nah....................you'd miss me!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]If it had been Millwall or the Seaweed, they would not have locked down their forums...not a chance.

locked down? how about the bloke who spends hours every day running this forum doesn't want to go through reams of applications to approve them when it is just going to end in stupid crap that nobody wants to see and will probably get deleted anyway... when he's feeling like shite

fucking cretin you are. do one.
  • Options
    Sos, got a lot of respect for you fella and always read your views with interest.

This site crashed 3 times yesterday. Today it has been slow, but we've managed to keep it running by making it members only. With that in mind I'm convinced we did the right thing making it members only today. Hopefully we can open it up again later, but we are not running a public information service, not is this our jobs. We do what we can for the benefit of our members, so I really don't care what anyone else thinks. I would have thought you would appreciate that.
  • Options
    Sos, got a lot of respect for you fella and always read your views with interest.

This site crashed 3 times yesterday. Today it has been slow, but we've managed to keep it running by making it members only. With that in mind I'm convinced we did the right thing making it members only today. Hopefully we can open it up again later, but we are not running a public information service, not is this our jobs. We do what we can for the benefit of our members, so I really don't care what anyone else thinks. I would have thought you would appreciate that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Sos, got a lot of respect for you fella and always read your views with interest.

To be fair to you AFKA, I can see what you're saying on that basis and it seems a reasonable response.

As for Isawleaburnscore...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't bother yourself AFKA, just get rid of the mug. Dunno about everyone else but the only time I've ever felt the need to post on another club's internet site is to try and get LFC tickets for my girlfriend and her family. Pathetic consequence of the internet age.
  • Options
    Good move, probably just a load of kids/ultras.
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]If it had been Millwall or the Seaweed, they would not have locked down their forums...not a chance.
    Jesus Christ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]As for Isawleaburnscore...............

what part of what I said didn't make sense?

1. Are you being pointlessly insensitive and stupid posting what you did... yes

2. Are you being sarcy, inflammatory and trying to get a rise... yes

3. Is AFKA going to be wasting his time approving people who will probably get banned anyway, which will waste his time twice over... yes

4. Is it anyone's business what AFKA does with his time... no

next
  • Options
    SoS, if they had unlimited resources to run the forum, you might have a point. But you know the recent issues we've had with the system freezing up and falling over, so if having loads of Spanners and Nigels suddenly turning up is going to make that worse, then locking down the site to existing users is the only sensible option. It's not like you, SLL, Groucho etc have been banned from posting, but it's a bit much to expect them to accommodate people who've never been interested in the site before, at the expense of those of us who have been contributing here for months or years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

If it had been Millwall or the Seaweed, they would not have locked down their forums...not a chance.

Reason #77 for not hating/giving a f*** for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

Indeed. You'd have been freely entitled to your opinion.......then hounded off our site and back to your Norwood rent-a-khazi under wave upon wave of the most spiteful and vitriolic abuse you ever did receive.

But when in Rome....
  • Options
    IsawLeaburnScore, I'm going to do you a huge favour and clear off for a week.............you need to go and have a few pints, drown your sorrows and get yourself together.

Peace out.
  • Options
    SoS, if they had unlimited resources to run the forum, you might have a point. But you know the recent issues we've had with the system freezing up and falling over, so if having loads of Spanners and Nigels suddenly turning up is going to make that worse, then locking down the site to existing users is the only sensible option. It's not like you, SLL, Groucho etc have been banned from posting, but it's a bit much to expect them to accommodate people who've never been interested in the site before, at the expense of those of us who have been contributing here for months or years.
  • Options
    going by the amount of double posts on here today, I think we have more than enough members at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]IsawLeaburnScore, I'm going to do you a huge favour and clear off for a week.............you need to go and have a few pints, drown your sorrows and get yourself together.

Peace out.

why? what part of what I said was wrong then? add being patronising to your list of qualities as well...ever so boring