Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideas to help the Club (2010 thread)

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]The Who playing the valley would be amazing and i'd splash out to see it... Unrealistic though[/quote]

Doubt Bill Curbishley would cross the road for us. . . .
  • Options
    Here goes. As you all know, I'm not Elton John or Roger Dawtry but I can sing and have an original songs act. I've played big venues and am more than capable of putting on a 2 hour show. I have no trouble selling CD's at gigs and would donate everything above costs (approx £1 per CD) All that's needed is a little self will, and a very pretty please to the board for permission to use the Valley. Make admission cheap, say £5 and any further donation you wish to make after the concert. Tee shirts, concert programs and such like would be seen as collectables and I'm sure a few on here could come up with other spin offs. Now heres the rub: I need a few musicains, drummer, bass player and keyboards...surely we have some talent of this ilk in our midst. This is not a spare of the moment thought as you will see if you go here: http://rebekaswift.co.uk/addickted.htm
  • Options
    Offer our ground to Palarse!
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Offer our ground to Palarse!
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Think it has fella,think the verdict was no
  • Options
    If people have some spare cash (£120 - most of us would of probably spent more on Playoff final day) to put to a good cause and haven't already joined then think about signing up to Valley Gold.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Here's my proposal:

Submit your "Ideas to help the Club" to the Fans' Forum, but backed up with what you, your friends, your family and your fellow fans can do to make the idea happen. Speak to people first to get their commitment. Identify who can do what - and commit to it. I mean 'really' commit to it.

The Fans' Forum will take it from there.[/quote]

Disappointing to see that the 'Good ideas' thread has dried up. And no proposals to the Fans' Forum yet.

You need to realise that a good idea with no-one prepared to make it happen is not a lot of use.

The Fans' Forum has proposed a meeting with the Club in the next couple of weeks to discuss the next steps.

We plan to ask about the short-term financial plan for getting us over the summer and the longer-term strategy for getting the Club closer to break-even operating costs. We want to know what kind of season can we look forward to and what kind of team will we have.

It would be great to go the Club with some of the bright ideas mentioned in this thread ... but only if we have real commitment from the fans to help make them happen.

Or do we just face facts and recognise that we are all content just to talk and moan about the failings of others?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Here goes. As you all know, I'm not Elton John or Roger Dawtry but I can sing and have an original songs act. I've played big venues and am more than capable of putting on a 2 hour show. I have no trouble selling CD's at gigs and would donate everything above costs (approx £1 per CD) All that's needed is a little self will, and a very pretty please to the board for permission to use the Valley. Make admission cheap, say £5 and any further donation you wish to make after the concert. Tee shirts, concert programs and such like would be seen as collectables and I'm sure a few on here could come up with other spin offs. Now heres the rub: I need a few musicains, drummer, bass player and keyboards...surely we have some talent of this ilk in our midst. This is not a spare of the moment thought as you will see if you go here:http://rebekaswift.co.uk/addickted.htm

I don't wish to take away from your idea but I'm fairly sure the running costs of such an event would make it impractical without a big name to bring in the numbers, happy to be proved wrong tho.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Plenty of big names out there but might have narrow appeal songs and cant sing or are past their best. I can get big numbers abroad but here all agents say is "People don't want new stuff" or "You don't have a profile in the UK" Its true that most of you wouldnt know what you are getting, but then again I would post a song sample every day for a couple of weeks on here and the OS, and my website. Myself and Mister Windscreen could organise everything...we are used to it. I think if properly advertised we could make £50,000 gross for the club. Need some belief here but I'm afraid others may not have our fortitude. I know it sounds boastful but I'm as good live as anyone you will go to see...and I don't see why I shouldnt push, boast or persuede in an effort to aid my beloved Charlton.

ps. To date "Endless Journey" has been downloaded by 4,677 people from our various feeds.
  • Options
    What about our Charlton supporting popstars?
    Mika?
    Nutini?
  • Options
    Athlete? Chris Tillbrook?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mika would be good...will he do it for free?
  • Options
    Lee Ryan from Blue is a Charlton fan, I read somewhere he is skint, although he may have to pay some people to turn up to one of his gigs.
  • Options
    A bit ambitious you might say but have done similar in the past. Already have sound engineer, film crew and the experience to organize an open-air concert.

Takings are based on best possible attendance.

10,000 @ £5 each £50,000
    500 CD’s @ £7 each £3,500
    500 Tee-shirts @ £5 each £2,500
    Extra made on food and drink £4,000

Total £60,000

PA and stage hire £2,500
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]Surley, we could get enough people together to pay say £5 a month and pay a few players wages... even if it was some of the fringe players...

We could create a fund to sponsor Moo2 and pay his wages for a year, to save the club having to do it.

That way the club could slash playing staff expenditure by 25%.
    And our wage bill would then be similar to Rochdale's.
  • Options
    Lee Ryan is a good shout...but has he enough material for a whole show?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Lee Ryan is a good shout...but has he enough material for a whole show?

He could always come off the bench for the last 20 minutes ....?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]A bit ambitious you might say but have done similar in the past. Already have sound engineer, film crew and the experience to organize an open-air concert.

Takings are based on best possible attendance.

10,000 @ £5 each £50,000
    500 CD’s @ £7 each £3,500
    500 Tee-shirts @ £5 each £2,500
    Extra made on food and drink £4,000

Total £60,000

PA and stage hire £2,500[/quote]

I know someone who is in CD duplication OFFICAL nothing dodgy done the demos for Ziggy Marly etc, who would do a decent price
  • Options
    CD surely that could be done a mini album??

Bill Cotton Red Red Robin
    3 Blocks VFR
    Proud to be a addick
    Endless Journey
    Im sure Mr Tillbrook could throw a tune it
    and what ever others could think of that could be added
    Get Permission to use The Skids into the valley as its to raise money for teh club see if they would forget the royalties
  • Options
    Thats 3 of us that might be up for a challenge left behind...I have no desire to hog the stage so lets hear from other talented addicks ie; Pianists, vocalists, unusual acts (keep it clean please) modern dance ensemble (diversity type thingy) There must be people out there with certificates to make and sell food...keep the price down for the punters and still make the club something. This could be an all day event not so much fixed audience. Selected appropriate acts daytime (families & kids) evening serious music stuff. Believe me this can be done...last year we put on a major musical done everything ourselves, wrote it, directed it, made the props, made the cast album, hired the theatre etc etc...in comparrison this would be a walk in the park.

Mister Windscreen can work miracles...I've seen it with my own eyes, just believe we could do this!
  • Options
    Great idea the album left behind...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Spoke to my bloke
    £460.00 plus VAT for 1000 his normal price is £520.00
    Thats includes jewel case, shrink wrapped and printed booklet, front back cover & Delivery

So with VAT £555.50 works out to 56p per album.

could turn it around in 48 hours or less

Just had a thought The Clash Londons Calling, a friend who does Mash Ups they are called White Eyed Tigers have been in contact with Mick Jones as they done a mash up of one there tunes and Mick loved it might be able to talk to them about using teh track FREE, also has done a version of Red Red Robin that could be used as well.

Also for fun im sure they would do a mash up Charlton related if anyone had any ideas
  • Options
    LB that is a brilliant price...I cant do that here! Like all your ideas so far but we need to gain some momentum so keep posting to keep this thread visible. Just checking but does the CD price include the printing on the CD also...if so, then your mate has a new permenant customer!
  • Options
    Although he has flu, Gelan has started writing a song about this season...I know it sounds a weird concept but just the introduction and the first few lines got to me...ouch!
  • Options
    get in there Mick Jones ... always been a musical hero of mine ... now let us have the track free ... cheers Mick ;-)
  • Options
    Havent heard anything back from the Whos people yet :-(
  • Options
    Yes im sure it does will double check
  • Options
    Have wrote on a few Charlton related Facebook groups asking them to join and contribute any ideas.
  • Options
    Thanks Steve. Apart from CL, facebook sites and the OS we would need to get out to fans that dont use the forums, as there must be thousands with the same thoughts as us thinking "What can I do to help" As we are spread far and wide this is maybe the biggest problem ie; Posters locally will not be seen in Kent etc. Would be very greatful if anyone can come up with a blanket advertising scheme.
  • Options
    How about the celebrity soccer sixes. If anyone has any media luvvie contacts could maybe sell merchandise outside the ground eg NDubz tshirts and 50/50 split with them and the club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Thanks Steve. Apart from CL, facebook sites and the OS we would need to get out to fans that dont use the forums, as there must be thousands with the same thoughts as us thinking "What can I do to help" As we are spread far and wide this is maybe the biggest problem ie; Posters locally will not be seen in Kent etc. Would be very greatful if anyone can come up with a blanket advertising scheme.

Dave Berry is a radio DJ and an addick, sure if anyone is pals with him he could get the word out there. Also im sure hes got muso contacts (married to an Sugarbabe isnt he?) going along with the gig/ album idea.