Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideas to help the Club (2010 thread)

Comments

• Options
    Luckily or not Off_it, weve run into that before so are already taking it into account...but youre right, its a b*stard.
  • Options
    Going back to the original idea of people just contributing the Wembley money to a central fund for the club, what about a World Cup sweepstake to encourage people to put the money in? It could be based on goals scored during the World Cup and could have handicaps for the likes of New Zealand and North Korea, so everyone has a chance of winning. Maybe £50 each with the chance to win £300 or £400. There could be more than one set of 32 players (if 100 people are interested, then have three groups of 32 each, hopefully more than 100 would be interested). There could also be the chance to pick your own team if you pay more.

It'd have to be organised quickly (and I can't do the dog work - I'm based in the midlands), but if the pricing and prizes are done properly it could encourage people who aren't interested in Charlton, as well as those people who would've gone to Wembley.

If the concert happens during the summer, I might be able to help. Depends on whether I'll be in London, really.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Although The Valley is a non starter because of the pitch deadline of 31st May, a local park is still a possibility. Too many ifs to get carried away but by Wednesday we are hoping we can produce some figures and a rough plan of action. Many have volenteered their services already and the logistics are not that daunting. The bottom line is attracting enough people to make it worth the effort, and for this we need crowd pullers. We need more info on soccer 6's and someone who would be willing to organise that. Many of us know ex players but the contacting of them must be organised, we don't want a dozen people phoning the same player. On Monday we'll be contacting the people you suggested, so fingers crossed that they are in need of exposure. Remember this fun day / concert is just one idea, so keep your money raising suggestions coming in.

Many thanks, Rebeka
  • Options
    I would be very willing to pay £50 to the club to help keep players
  • Options
    OK how about the bloke who done the Soccer AM theme tune i could try and get him out of retiremnet??
  • Options
    This idea like many before it will come to nothing.

Out of adversity, people rise. We need the club to be in serious and OBVIOUS trouble to rouse people from their beds Back to the Valley style.

Look at how popular the first Supporters Trust meetings were and look at what happened inthe end. People wont actually give money until there is an organised place to put it. And that takes time and effort and not message board chatter.
  • Options
    Harveys Trainer...I think youve missed the point and that you are being dismissive in assuming that this message board is the be all and end all point of communication. The message board planted the seed....I assure you that I've actually used the phone and sent quite a few emails today in connection with this thread. In addition quite a few CL's have contacted me with serious offers of help, from accountancy to picking up rubbish. I can only see three houses from my bedroom window, but I know that there is a whole wide world out there. Because time and effort is not visible on this thread doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

ps. You will not see messages on here sent by whisper.
  • Options
    Somebody mentioned the possibility of "selling" the pitch. Effectively supporters get to pay for a square metre, or square yard of the pitch. Double prices for the Centre & Penalty spots and the Corners, at the end of the 2 seasons when the pitch is relayed you get you're square yard of pitch and the process starts again.
  • Options
    Jim Davidson im sure he would do night for the club?? with a few mates free of charge all money raised to the club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Jim Davidson im sure he would do night for the club?? with a few mates free of charge all money raised to the club?

Best suggestion so far. He would be a laugh, especially on a Charlton themed night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can the person who mentioned Sugarfree whisper me please as I now cant find the original comment for some reason . Cheers.
  • Options
    People contacted so far:

Jim Davidson
    Local dance group
    Lee Ryan

We just dont seem to have that many show biz fans
  • Options
    My eldest has worked at the club for 2 years and im sure if we could pull on the JD night she would work the bar for free, sure a few others would .

So teh wage bill would be little of nothing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]People contacted so far:

Jim Davidson
    Local dance group
    Lee Ryan

Kelvin MacKenzie? ;-)
  • Options
    Pixie Lott's a Charlton supporter. If anyone's got her number I don't mind giving her a bell.
  • Options
    Now thats real talent....good shout se9. Will try to get contact details.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    http://www.xfm.co.uk/contact-us

Windscreen maybe try contacting Dave Berry, big Charlton fan and you never know he might be helpful.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Now thats real talent....good shout se9. Will try to get contact details.

Give me 'em after... shes gorgeous
  • Options
    I think we should kidnap rachel riley and use the ransom to pay off yassin mewtokill.

As an Iranian I feel I am the best person to orchestrate this plan. Nothing can go wrong. Trust.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]People contacted so far:

Jim Davidson
    Local dance group
    Lee Ryan

After these acts why don't we finish with Steve Davis (famous Charlton fan) doing a question and answer session?? I bet these tickets would sell faster than the Swindon first leg play off allocation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos had that thought on the train in, i went to one of these in 96 and he was great, played a few frames of snooker with members had a chat , questions were asked then went upstairs and watched teh England game ended up staying the night drinking and talking
  • Options
    OK my mate is willing to come out of retirement for one track, You dont see the times Soccer AM theme tune.

Also he will contact Stereo Mcs & Feeder if this gets of the ground.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]OK my mate is willing to come out of retirement for one track, You dont see the times Soccer AM theme tune.

Also he will contact Stereo Mcs & Feeder if this gets of the ground.

Sounds like you're Connected ;-)
  • Options
    if not the writing could be on the wall
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Harveys Trainer...I think youve missed the point and that you are being dismissive in assuming that this message board is the be all and end all point of communication. The message board planted the seed....I assure you that I've actually used the phone and sent quite a few emails today in connection with this thread. In addition quite a few CL's have contacted me with serious offers of help, from accountancy to picking up rubbish. I can only see three houses from my bedroom window, but I know that there is a whole wide world out there. Because time and effort is not visible on this thread doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

ps. You will not see messages on here sent by whisper.

You're right Windscreen, I did overlook the point that I am not a member of the clique and am therefore only going on what I can actually read, see, hear about this.
  • Options
    Clique? Just because someone doesnt want the world and its mother to know they are offering theyre services is hardly a basis for calling it a "Clique" As for going on what you know, thats like saying I cant vote in a general election because I dont know absolutely everything about every party.
  • Options
    Latest news: Greenwich Borough seem ok with the Park Hire, thought there are some requirements listed below. However, I dont as yet have replies from any of our celebrity fans, so that makes me the only entertainer (support act)at the moment. and I'm fully aware that alone I dont have any pulling power. I'll give it to the end of the week but no longer as this will take minimum 6 weeks to organise.

Policy Statement

Site Plan ( Details )

Statement of Intent for the ( police ) Police to be notified of Event, we need to see a copy of the reply.

Waste / Litter Management Policy

Risk Assessment

Public Liability Insurance

Food Hygiene Certificates

Steward Briefing & Numbers ( 10 )

Numbers of Toilets ( 6 + 1 Disabled )

Names and Numbers of First Aiders ( 2 )
  • Options
    I don't mean to be flippant and I wish you all the best in this, won't you need staging equipment, PA system, etc, etc
  • Options
    Yep Razil...but thats possibly the easy bit with 20 London equipment hire companies prepared to undercut each other for your custom. Phone up and next day delivery...simples.
  • Options
    what about outlay and financial risk?