Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Semedo & Bailey - First Departures?

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Reading 850k + Mooney for the pair.

Little bit of gossip from the Peacock golf day.

Probably rubbish but thought I'd pass it on.

Personally think that would be daylight robbery. Although we could stich Southend up on the Bailey sell on clause and say we swapped him for Mooney!.

Comments

• Options
    Dear god I hope not.
  • Options
    hope not ... I know it's unlikely but I really hope we can keep Semedo ... and that price is a ripoff but I suppose beggars can't be choosers so others will take advantage
  • Options
    For the pair? Hope not. We got over £1m for Hudson, had hoped we could get that for Bailey. He has a good reputation like Hudson did/has.

Mooney can be useful, but I there must be other options out there? Don't think we should bring back all the strikers we had this season.
  • Options
    Can't see that happening.
  • Options
    They both arrived during Pardew's tenure so will be on high wages.

Waggott and Moutouakil have to be paid for some how so i reckon this has legs...
  • Options
    Personally think that would be daylight robbery. Although we could stich Southend up on the Bailey sell on clause and say we swapped him for Mooney!.[/quote]

Maybe we could give them a percentage of Mooney, say for example his legs.

Your right it would daylight robbery, it feels like just as were recovering from being kicked in the knackers on Monday big foot has come along with a pair of ice skates to give it another go.
  • Options
    I'd be annoyed if we sold Bailey for just 850k + Mooney, so if they got Semedo as well i think i'd be suicidal.
  • Options
    Didn't someone on here the other day say Sporting have a 50% sell on Semedo?
  • Options
    Long painful summer methinks.
  • Options
    there are not many teams in Cumps league or ours who can pay £1 million pounds out.

The abouve sounds right for Bailey
    i would expect £500k for Smeado

Murray said one or two players sold so who did we think he meant ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]there are not many teams in Cumps league or ours who can pay £1 million pounds out.

The abouve sounds right for Bailey
    i would expect £500k for Smeado

Murray said one or two players sold so who did we think he meant ?

Personally value Semedo higher than Bailey. I'm not sure of the details of Bailey's sell-on clause but it does give this rumour a bit more credibility when you consider that there is a player swap going on. I'm guessing we won't want to be paying anyone percentages of transfer fees.
  • Options
    I saw semedo signing up at my gym about a month ago. He's going nowhere as those contracts are a bugger to get out of.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Semendo has got a 50% sell on hasn't he?

does that mean we would only get 425K & mooney? or would 25% of the 850k go to sporting? or would they work it so reading gave us £850k for Bailey and a straight swap mooney with semendo; then that way sporting don't get a penny.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Please dont sell Semedo. For me he was our best player this season. Really stood out!

Bailey could probably command at least 850 k on his own. Cheeky b*stards, 850k for the pair. I dont care for Mooney either
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Didn't someone on here the other day say Sporting have a 50% sell on Semedo?
    It's in Football Manager, though that was the Portuguese research team, I could never find anything about it. Wasn't anything on the OS about it, or anywhere else.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I would be gutted if we sold Semedo.

Bailey will be off as soon as we get a decent offer, he's probably our most saleable asset

If its true (which I doubt) selling the pair for 850k + Mooney would be daylight robbery
  • Options
    thing is people know we need the money so they will try these cheeky bids. hopefully we get get them to up their offer a bit.
    also as bailey and semedo are probably two of the bigger earners at the club; along with the transfer fee we receive, we'll also be saving £800k of the wage bill for next season.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if they went together, as brilliant as both did in their own right. As a partnership they never seemed to click for me, with Bailey coming deeper to get the ball and Semedo's reluctance to go forward I don't think they worked too well together.
  • Options
    We arew skint. We all know that (or should). We sold Jon Jo for naff all as we had urgent debts. Im 90% sure there is another due in in 2011. We have very few saleable assets other than :

Bailey
    Racon
    Richardson
    Isale (no laughing)
    Smeado

we would (IMO)take if offered.

Bailey £800K (even with players in there s a sell on re evaluation)
    Racon £500K
    Smeado £500K
    Richardson £200K
    Isale (Tin of WD40, two pots of paint and a paint brush)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]I saw semedo signing up at my gym about a month ago. He's going nowhere as those contracts are a bugger to get out of.

LOL, excellent, he has to stay now ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]I saw semedo signing up at my gym about a month ago. He's going nowhere as those contracts are a bugger to get out of.

If that's a sign of anything and we can afford him to stay, great news.

[cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Didn't someone on here the other day say Sporting have a 50% sell on Semedo?

Thought he came on a free.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'd be annoyed if we sold Bailey for just 850k + Mooney, so if they got Semedo as well i think i'd be suicidal.

agree, please no
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Thought he came on a free.
    They might have let us have him while under contract for free. Or maybe because of his age, rather than compensation, we agreed a sell on clause? Not actually sure if that's possible, anyone know?
  • Options
    I'd tell them 800k and they can keep Mooney ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Reading 850k + Mooney for the pair.

Personally think that would be daylight robbery. Although we could stich Southend up on the Bailey sell on clause and say we swapped him for Mooney!.

Didn't realise you were there too - were you on Photography duty again?
  • Options
    If anyone wants Racon bite their hand off

Doing any kind of swap or money for Mooney would be insanity unless its to fiddle a sell on fee

:)
  • Options
    That would be an awful piece of business, to lose your best two midfielders for a poor forward. Whatever happens this summer we have to keep Semedo.
  • Options
    Lets face it although we have these crippling debts, the club has to get reasonable and accept they have two options. Work to keep most of the squad as well as fing somebody who knows where the net is. Or cut back for the money accpet we are league one and strip us down and fight relegation next year as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]We arew skint. We all know that (or should). We sold Jon Jo for naff all as we had urgent debts. Im 90% sure there is another due in in 2011. We have very few saleable assets other than :

Bailey
    Racon
    Richardson
    Isale (no laughing)
    Smeado

we would (IMO)take if offered.

Bailey £800K (even with players in there s a sell on re evaluation)
    Racon £500K
    Smeado £500K
    Richardson £200K
    Isale (Tin of WD40, two pots of paint and a paint brush)

Sorry GH but apart from Izale and just possibly Bailey I suspect you estimates of worth are wildly exagerated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Reading 850k + Mooney for the pair.

I wonder if the person that told you that is sitting back and laughing at this now and watching how rumours start? Who said it?