Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Engerland v Mexico

Anyone else bothering going to see off the boyz.....I understand that they are giving away a T-shirt that all should wear to create the biggest St Georges flag ever, which will hopefully be seen throughout the match.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, going
  • Options
    Will be more interested in watching this on TV if Bent and/or Parker start.
  • Options
    Bent out with a hamstring strain I believe....shame as it probably would've been his chance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Bent out with a hamstring strain I believe....shame as it probably would've been his chance.

That's bad news. Poor Darren.
  • Options
    Nope taking in my first HD game at home with some chilled beers
  • Options
    Yeah got tickets ages ago, hoped I would be going to Wembley twice this week but hey ho. Hope to see Bent/Parker start and do well
  • Options
    Have almost zero interest in this.

Really hope my footballing mojo perks up before the World Cup starts. Have lost almost all interest in top level football over the last few years. Would rather watch a sunday league game than a premiership one to be honest.
  • Options
    No real interest in this, just hope we come through the game without any injuries to key players.
  • Options
    Do you think capello is likely to play his first choice XI, or will he put out a team of world-cup hopefulls?
    There are arguments for both.
  • Options
    Will imho play a team like

Hart- Green 2nd Half
    Carragher
    King
    Ferdinand- Dawson 2nd half
    Baines- maybe Warnock 2nd half
    Milner
    Carrick- Parker 2nd half
    Huddlestone
    Gerrard- Johnson 2nd half
    Crouch
    Defoe- Bent 2nd Half
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When is this match?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]When is this match?

Tonight 20:00 ITV 1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]When is this match?

Tonight 20:00 ITV 1

Thanks!

Rather proves AFKA's point!
  • Options
    I'm going
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Will imho play a team like

Hart- Green 2nd Half
    Carragher
    King
    Ferdinand- Dawson 2nd half
    Baines- maybe Warnock 2nd half
    Milner
    Carrick- Parker 2nd half
    Huddlestone
    Gerrard- Johnson 2nd half
    Crouch
    Defoe- Bent 2nd Half

Pretty sure Rooney will play some part.
  • Options
    Can't see it being a great game.
  • Options
    I'll watch it on the telly. I expect it to be something of a non-event, both side terrified of getting injured. I'll be more interested in the way Cappallo manages that the way the team play.
  • Options
    ENGLAND TEAM: Green, Johnson, Baines, Ferdinand, King, Walcott, Gerrard, Carrick, Milner, Crouch, Rooney
  • Options
    2-0 Engerland

Apart from the offside and the possible hand ball, Crouch's goal was perfectly good.
  • Options
    Cracking goal from Glen Johnson!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope that's the last time Fabio plays three at the back...

Anyone else other the wetbacks and we would have been slaughtered....
  • Options
    really pleased to see that he gave Bent and Parker a good run out to see what they're capable of , I mean it would have been stupid to put them both in your original 30 man squad and not give them the chance to prove themselves
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]really pleased to see that he gave Bent and Parker a good run out to see what they're capable of , I mean it would have been stupid to put them both in your original 30 man squad and not give them the chance to prove themselves

bent was pulled out with a hamstring tightening
  • Options
    Its ironic that Engerland put forward a crap performance yet score 3 goals (highlight for me was the cracking goal from Johnson). Wembley still lacks atmosphere but at it was a non event and the team lacking umph I suppose that no surprise. It only took about 3 minutes before the first wave of Mexican wave begun (and no prizes guessing who started it!). On the plus side, Engerland can only get better....and where have I heard that before?
  • Options
    Could only have been interested if Parker or Bent had been likely to be involved.
  • Options
    typical England performance, result papered over the cracks. If Vela was a decent striker could easily have lost. Not convincing at all, can't see us getting past QF's at the WC.
  • Options
    A patched up experimental team not playing well and still winning comfortably.
    Could be worse - could have drew a blank with the Cape Verde islands at home!
  • Options
    It was a friendly with loads of players missing, and no one going at full pelt in case they got injured,

dont read too much into it
  • Options
    Whatever you say about this England team, we keep on winning, and that really does make a difference. We played quite well against Egypt and poorly against Mexico, but won both comfortably.

My big worry is we really seemed to miss Barry. Carrick isn't up to playing the holding role and as such I think Parker is probably the only viable option. I'd like to see him given a go in the next friendly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]typical England performance, result papered over the cracks. If Vela was a decent striker could easily have lost. Not convincing at all, can't see us getting past QF's at the WC.

Put Terry, Cole, Lampard and Lennon into the starting XI and we'll probably be more convincing. Leighton Baines is not international class, Carrick isn't getting into the united side and Walcott has absolutely no end product. So there's a lot that can and will change.