Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Engerland v Mexico

2»

Comments

• Options
    Observations from Wembley last night:

England need a ball winner- Carrick not up to it, Barry serious doubt. No one to break up play. Dare I say England need a Semedo.
    Ledley King is class- 100 times better than Upson who has previously started games for England
    Glen Jonhson remains suspect at the back and would worry me v a top class player like Silva or Messi
    Even though I think Capello will start with Heskey/Rooney with Gerrard on left. I would like to see Rooney with Gerrard in his Liverpool role just behind and Milner on the left.
    Adam Johnson is worth a longer look v Japan
    The pitch is just as bad as people are making out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Observations from Wembley last night:

England need a ball winner- Carrick not up to it, Barry serious doubt. No one to break up play. Dare I say England need a Semedo.
    Ledley King is class- 100 times better than Upson who has previously started games for England
    Glen Jonhson remains suspect at the back and would worry me v a top class player like Silva or Messi
    Even though I think Capello will start with Heskey/Rooney with Gerrard on left. I would like to see Rooney with Gerrard in his Liverpool role just behind and Milner on the left.

Despite his goal, I actually thought King had quite a poor game defensively. Otherwise I mostly agree with your judgements
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Observations from Wembley last night:

Despite his goal, I actually thought King had quite a poor game defensively. Otherwise I mostly agree with your judgements

Completely agree, King was very poor defensively which is his first priority. I wouldn't have him in the team for his goals we have plenty of others who can score. He was not good enough at the back, just look at their goal and a few other chances they had and you'll see King getting it so wrong
  • Options
    King was pants - would rather Dawson out of the 2 Spurs defenders.
    Still blame King for losing against France in the Euros.
  • Options
    Mexico are aprox14/15th in World, they played football and the game itself wasnt bad for a friendly
  • Options
    Still not bothered...What AFKABartram said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]King was pants - would rather Dawson out of the 2 Spurs defenders.
    Still blame King for losing against France in the Euros.

I think King just had an off night, he's been brilliant for Spurs this season and probably the premier leagues stand out defender over the past couple of months.
  • Options
    Carrick very poor, king and Johnson only saved from criticism by the fact they scored, defensively we were very poor, including Ferdinand, hopefully terry and Ashley Cole returning will make us stronger at the back. But if you are looking for a holding midfielder, to break up opposition play and attacks, why wasn't Parker played? I can only asime he wanted to try and improve carricks confidence after a poor first half. I like walcott, final ball may be lacking but he scares oppo defences and creates space for others. I like crouch, he has scored 17 goals in his 18 starts, granted last nights should not have stood. Rooney was playing within himself but you know he will be roaring in SA. Was an ok game against a decent side. But I am more worried about right back than any position. Baines was equally as bad defensively as Johnson but Cole should step in there.

But overall Parker should get a shot, shame bent was injured but he is better as a lone striker and if we ever did that it would be Rooney.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Its ironic that Engerland put forward a crap performance yet score 3 goals

Agree with this. Mexico were all over us at times last night but we still beat them comfortably. How many times have we seen in tournament football a poor team get a long way in the competition - Germany and Italy are masters at this whereas other more entertaining teams like Holland usually end up getting the plane home with us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Whatever you say about this England team, we keep on winning, and that really does make a difference. We played quite well against Egypt and poorly against Mexico, but won both comfortably.

My big worry is we really seemed to miss Barry. Carrick isn't up to playing the holding role and as such I think Parker is probably the only viable option. I'd like to see him given a go in the next friendly.

I would play King as the holding midfielder if Barry misses out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think you are all reading too much into it , how anyone can be judged on that ga,e or the next one when 6 subs are going to be used is ridiculous if we are trying them out we should stick to 3 subs and play those taht are on the fringe.

Cant wait for worldcup we are going to have a great time but fail heroically
  • Options
    If you think we've got problems after beating Mexico 3-1 then what about Portugal. A 0-0 draw at home to the mighty Cape Verde Islands!
  • Options
    Thought we played great.