Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tim Westwood

Comments

• Options
    still a COCK
  • Options
    Let that be a warning to you, someone iz gonna get merked!
  • Options
    Lemme see those double u's in the aiiir....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: whyte5864[/cite]He has released around 15 full CD's that have sold well, presented P.I.M.P my ride UK, arranged for 50 Cent, DMX Jay Z and more to perform in this country, promoted loads of Club events. The guy is very well known in the States, it all mounts up . . . the guy is loaded! So forget slating him and pay him some respect you clowns.

Oh dear. Have you looked at the Morrisey thread? You see the differing opinions on there - different strokes for different folks? Clown.
  • Options
    Find him annoying, and the same goes for most of the music he plays, but hate is too string a word - I am sure he is a very nice bloke.
    [cite]Posted By: whyte5864[/cite]No I'm not westwood. But he has achieved and made more money than everyone on this site, so does it really matter how he talks or acts?

Err... yes very much so - the amount of money someone has is of absloutely no relevance to what kind of person they are.
  • Options
    Was wondering how he knew he was richer than people on here, no way has Westwood got more than Henry's £150m

All the royalties from the cardigan sales

Also why does he and a lot of white youth find it that have to talk black street slang and trust me he was a lot worse back in the day in his pirate radio days.

Its embarrassing to listen to
  • Options
    I find it crazy how people can judge someone on the language and tone of voice they use.
    And no 'left behind', he does not talk black street slang, try to get the race issue you have out of your head, he speaks like a guy who is a Hip-Hop fan. Anyone can speak like that black/white/asian. Tim Westwood gets slated for talking the way he does, but why is it not mentioned when Sir Trevor Mcdonald speaks like an upper class white man?
  • Options
    Cracking point whytey!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: whyte5864[/cite]I find it crazy how people can judge someone on the language and tone of voice they use.
    And no 'left behind', he does not talk black street slang, try to get the race issue you have out of your head, he speaks like a guy who is a Hip-Hop fan. Anyone can speak like that black/white/asian. Tim Westwood gets slated for talking the way he does, but why is it not mentioned when Sir Trevor Mcdonald speaks like an upper class white man?[/quote]

Yes sir trev does and gets slatted for it , bounty, im sure it would if there was a thread on here about him but guess what there is not.

Mate i was into Hip Hop had over 3000 hip hop records im friends with recording artists within the hip hop scene of all races and they think the same as me and some of them are black and middle eastern, i have never once had to change my voice because of the music i listen to, why would i be fake?????

So do me a favour
  • Options
    My feeling's for him are as close to hate as they could be, without it actually being hate. He's such an idiot. He acts the way 12 year old would; an immature 12 year old at that. Anyone that still says "Its your boy Westwood" at the age of 52, is an idiot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really dont see what your problem is with that Aiden. A lot of people enjoy listening to his shows and he talks like that because thats what rap stars talk like that, comes as part of the game. So if you 'close to hate' him, dont listen to him.
  • Options
    while I understand that he can come across as being beyond annoying, hes done so much for grime music in this country, he gives artists a chance when other dj's wouldnt even consider it so credit where its due for that.
  • Options
    Definitely and yes while he is annoying live (seen him in Malia and Kavos), the music and the way he mixes it is awesome!
  • Options
    I have no idea what 'grime' music is, but the thought of it makes me feel somewhat dirty.

Or should i say rascal....
  • Options
    Well that's not all he does, that's just one example. He clearly thinks a lot of himself, and I don't think that's an admirable quality. Trust me, I don't listen to him, but on the occasions I have, this is what I've thought of him.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited May 2010
    Westwood has not spoken that way all of his life, he started at some point which for me makes the accent fake, adds more to him being a plank.
  • Options
    Windscreen - He plays records for people who for some reason can't play them!!? er Innit Bruv!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: whyte5864[/cite]I find it crazy how people can judge someone on the language and tone of voice they use.
    And no 'left behind', he does not talk black street slang, try to get the race issue you have out of your head, he speaks like a guy who is a Hip-Hop fan. Anyone can speak like that black/white/asian. Tim Westwood gets slated for talking the way he does, but why is it not mentioned when Sir Trevor Mcdonald speaks like an upper class white man?
    You suggest we get the 'race issue' out of our heads and then go on about McDonald talking like an 'upper class white man', that don't make sense...

Westwood was born in the late 1950's in to a very middle class family and went to a high class grammar school, he certainly didn't learn to talk like that there...

His 'jive talk', as it was known in the 1960's, is totally false, it's an act, an act that he does quite well, but he doesn't know how to leave the act at work and speak in his normal voice when outside of work. He doesn't seem to understand that his continuous ebonic prattling can be quite offensive to black people that genuinely speak in that brogue...

If your local shop was run by Asians would you go in and talk in a fake Asian accent and wobble your head from side to side, no, you wouldn't because if you did it would immediatley be seen as racist and an insult just as if the shopkeeper started talking in a false English accent...

He's a tosser...
  • Options
    Whyte - He presented 'Pimp My Ride' tells me all I need to know!!!
    Please tell me you are on a wind up!!
  • Options
    Posted By: RedZed333
    If your local shop was run by Asians would you go in and talk in a fake Asian accent and wobble your head from side to side, no, you wouldn't because if you did it would immediatley be seen as racist and an insult just as if the shopkeeper started talking in a false English accent...

Steve Mclaren would...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curbey[/cite]
    Posted By: RedZed333

Steve Mclaren would...
    Point taken, innit...
  • Options
    He seems a bellend, but he's made a lot of money being a bellend.
  • Options
    And his dad's a vicar...
  • Options
    Don't particularly like the fella, his false accent drives me crazy mad dawg.

But he has done a lot for hip hop in the UK, BUT, I thought quite a few British artists were unhappy with him because he normally pushed more US stuff than UK? Just something that I thought I read, may be imagining it!

Gonna give some of my UK hip hop albums a spin when I get home now...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

But he has done a lot for hip hop in the UK, BUT, I thought quite a few British artists were unhappy with him because he normally pushed more US stuff than UK? Just something that I thought I read, may be imagining it!

Agreed. In fact he almost became some sort of Public Enemy
  • Options
    Tim Westwood = Danny Dyer.
    Both propa naughty bad boys.
    Both trying to be someone they ain't, and utimatly having the piss taken out of them by all.
  • Options
    ok hip hop is total and utter KAK speaking gangsta what the f**k is that about anyone who likes it is also a total KOK --------------------------------------fact.

dont know the guy but the people "biging him up thats enough for me all hip hop need burning on a Blackheath no arguements -- petrol-- matches and thats that.
  • Options
    Gooner - just for you some my favourite UK stuff (a lot more out there I ain't really delved deep though)

Skitz - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7n30vea6K8&feature=related

Skinnyman - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5q552IQFak&feature=related

Roots Manuva - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiaGB_sVBeY

Scroobius - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkvWOAJeZmM

Enjoy. Not even scratched the surface, hopefully a few on here can recommend a few unknown UK artists?
  • Options
    I see Gooner's taken to burning genres of music on Blackheath now. Whatever next!? Certain shades of purple?
  • Options
    something I didn't know until recently is that he was big mates with Michael Watson and was in the ambulance with him when he collapsed against Eubank . The things he tells about the mistakes made that night are incredible