Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam to pack it in and go into fashion and music

13»

Comments

• Options
    I remember reading an interview once couple years back where he stated it was a dream to have a number 1 single. Seems he may be finally getting the chance.
  • Options
    Interesting AFKA. I've decided that he's going to combine the two. In Scientific American about 10 months back there was an article about how wi-fi could be received through clothing. There was some way that the wires could be spun fine and woven into clothing fabrics, so you could, for example, have full i pod functionality without carrying the actual i pod. Control circuits could be built into things like buttons and head movements could be used to select functions instead of having to wear funny helmets. Downside was that it would look weird with everyone walking around nodding. Henry's humble cardy though is the future!
  • Options
    I had no idea about Sam finishing the game, that is a shame.

If he appears in big brother that would be a bigger shame though.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite] Sam has tie ups with Alesha Dixon.

Now that's something to quit football for!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    -
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]
    LOL, not my choice of street wear (despite the nice cardy) but maybe the point is that it's not for the more mature types such as you and me Colin.

If kids are wearing clothes, listening to music or talking the way their parents like then there is something wrong with them IMHO

I totally agree Henry a nice lambswool cardy can't be beaten, or a thicker Starsky winter number.

Having said that those emo kids are wearing what my elders and betters were wearing when I was in primary.... I can't stand drainpipe jeans, or even more worserer Bananarama lumber jacket shirts. Have nothing against kids wearing different styles to my era, just wish everything wasn't so derivative and Sam's clothes look like the worse of 'cutting' edge late 90's clothes.
  • Options
    But what fashion isn't derivative.

In the 70s kids were wearing Oxford bags and sleeveless jumpers. All very 30s.

Teddy boys wore drainpipe trousers and they came back again in the 80s

White T-shirts, jeans and leather jackets was punk but also James Dean.

And were bananarama the first to wear lumberjack shirts. Very 50s and 60s America that.

It all comes around again. trousers widen or tighten, hemlines go up and down, you can't tell if they are boys or girls and you can't make out the lyrics.

And long may it continue.
  • Options
    High heels for fellas is the next thing apparently. Not just built up shoes that Sarkozy favours but proper six - inch stilletoes.

Afka shall I put you down for a pair mate? ;-)
  • Options
    The Love Spark of High Heeled Boys - How 70s is that.

I won't be buying a pair.
  • Options
    Indeed, Indeed Henry the Americana thing came round again. What I oppose is that most eras put some stamp on it themselves. Apart from holy earings, I see no wry references or marrying of the cheap necessity, it's all what's sold to them from Top Person and Primark.

I found it fascinating discovering mod/suedhead/skinhead style/history/sociology, there is nothing organic about Emo or ShitCore Urban stylee. Too few People do it by themselves these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But that's our perspective now Colin.

To a 16 year old it's all new. Emo or whatever is new to them and different from what their parents and older brothers/sisters did so they love it.

Mod wasn't new. Italian fashion adopte and adapted by working class kids. Skinheads grew out of Mod but harked back to much earlier working class fashion (the original victorian street gangs or holligans).

It all has roots but just like in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s most kids follow what they see and buy clothes in the high st. Casual was an underground thing but now you see whole families wearing outfits they got from Sports Direct. Now there is a fashion disaster area.
  • Options
    Ive wear a lot of the gear my old man used to wear when he was younger... Gabicci shirts, Fila vintage jackets, Farah shorts etc... What goes around, comes around
  • Options
    amazing coincidence. Just popped out for a walk around Spitalfields and bumped into Lloyd coming out of trendy AllSaints. Had a quick chat. Music is now on the back burner as AllSaints have placed a large order for various clothing designs of his and he needs to get cracking. Did say that he was hoping to guest though on a track with his best mate Dizzie Rascal and if you see a release from Dizzie Rascal featuring The Wing Wizard then that is Lloyd. He was in a rush as he had to get a bus back to Peckham to see his Mum who is apparently heading up his clothes production team from her flat there.
  • Options
    man if he does will be a big loss to the game. We all know by now how much i luv Lloydy i have allot of time and respect for him so good luck to you son.
  • Options
    Cuban heels, larey shirt undone to the naval and a chest wig. What else does a man need fashion wise.
  • Options
    just bumped into him coming out of the chippy, he says he's doing a range of socks and sandals with quarter length chinos,should be good
  • Options
    I heard his business wasn't doing too well - lots of possibilities but no end product.

Actually, it sounds like he's really excited about what's happening to him.
    Sounds a lot more fun than being slagged off every week.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The Love Spark of High Heeled Boys - How 70s is that.

I won't be buying a pair.[/quote]

In 1975, I had a pair of silver and electric blue shoes with 2 inch platforms and four inch heels, they were accompanied by a satin electric blue jacket and rust coloured velvet baggy trousers - this is a confession!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Casual was an underground thing but now you see whole families wearing outfits they got from Sports Direct. Now there is a fashion disaster area.

Haha! By that Henry, do you mean the grey tracksuit brigades, with the fat & pregnant 14 year olds who look like walruses? & the teenage boys who wear the same, indentikit tracksuits, but with another pair of tracksuit trousers underneath?

I've always loathed tracksuits, unless for sport, or relaxing at home purposes. They always remind me of grimey pervos in park toilets, who used to hang around when me & my brother would play fooball with our mates, when we were kids. (Shudders at the thought)

Fashion is ugly though, at the end of the day. It's all 15 minute wondr, re-hashed bullsh*t. Style is different, its lythe & versatile, & it's also in the way you move & in the way you smile! :-D
  • Options
    Good call Stefco! Style is permanent.

I just buy what I like, if it's fashionable at the time, great, if not I don't care. Always like good lumberjack shirt in the winter, suddenly last year I was a trend setter for five minutes...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Did say that he was hoping to guest though on a track with his best mate Dizzie Rascal and if you see a release from Dizzie Rascal featuring The Wing Wizard then that is Lloyd. He was in a rush as he had to get a bus back to Peckham to see his Mum who is apparently heading up his clothes production team from her flat there.

You made this up... girl i work with just text him and he knows nothing about it :L
  • Options
    Had a quick look at this page as it popped up again. Large's Perez Hilton I took at face value at first. Now re-reading it I realise it's just a perfectly formed bit of street satire. Oh so perfect it should be true.

As for Henry's gossip-mongering I wonder if he was rising us all????? It's not like Henry to gossip without the OS know-how.....
  • Options
    "You made this up... girl i work with just text him and he knows nothing about it :L "

What does :L mean before i pass comment and laugh very loudly.
  • Options
    Another stupid smiley, like :):/:o etc etc
  • Options
    oh dear
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I like a STUpid smiley, Stu.
    It shows I'm not being serious.

Here's another one :o)