Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good Luck To The Lions At Wembley

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]All say - AYE ;0)
    Guess which one of the seven dwarves is alive and living on Shooters Hill...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]

Is it the good looking smart one. ? ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]

Is it the good looking smart one. ? ;0)
    Yep...
    Traditions%20-%20Dopey.jpg
  • Options
    A really shit game with 2 millwall sent off in the first half... swindon think its in the bag, but blow me millwall hold on for the full 90 mins 0-0... then the first half of extra time and then the second half of extra time, surely not! How the hell those spanners have held on no one knows and only 1 more min of extra extra time held up from the fourth official, the spanners going mad for the reff to blow his whistle for penalties, corner swindon and one final chance for the robins to score, but its smashed clear right into the face of Harris knocking him out but then looping into the back of the net over a helpless lions keeper, 1-0 swindon and the reff blows up...

OH HOW I LAUGH... LET IT BE, PLEASE GOD, LET IT BE!!!
  • Options
    They aren't going to lose though are they. Swindon are a piss poor side, this is the best chance Millwall have had to actually win something at Wembley, they won't cock it up this time. Apart from anything else, a Millwall win would put an arse cherry on the shit cake of the last three seasons we've had.

In a way I hope they win, at least we won't have to put up with them next season and I'll watch the Millwall Palace game with some interest. Not much interest though.
  • Options
    I say good luck to them, seen them a few times this year and thought they were best team I've seen. If they get a Grant Holt type, they could quite easily get into the play offs in the champ. Swindon will be relegated after two seasons in the champ, very unimpressive; as we would have been without a major overhaul.
  • Options
    'Apart from anything else, a Millwall win would put an arse cherry on the shit cake of the last three seasons we've had'........
    A very good way of putting it....Valley..... There plastic add on fan's, 'come out' as they say... I am sure we will see all the Millwall lot strutting about in Bexley tommorow.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Bloke spotted my van today with the huge Charlton flag on the panelbehind the seats and starts singing come on you Lions..... Like I give a flying F***?

I been getting in work by some silly little 17 year old the last 2 weeks! every morning first thing he says is MILLLLLLLLLL and he dont even go to the bloody games normal, plastic at its best. i really hope they screw this up but i dont see it happenning :o( , i will have the hump come full time saturday and loads of texts not looking forward to it

Come on Swindon! on that note he has just walked in said big day for me tomorrow, i said i couldn't give a F**k tbh grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
  • Options
    f**k em.

Hope some builder forgot to put a pin in somewhere which means that half of Wembley collapses into a heap of rubble with all those plastic "i'm proper hard cos i support Millwall" muppets stuck amongst it.

The world will truly be a better place and the human race can carry on evolving without that lot holding it back.
  • Options
    Millwall beat them a few weeks ago.

Hopefully Austin and Paynter have excellent games and they win in the last minute, failing that Swindon win on pens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got this feeling that Swindon are going to do it.
  • Options
    Realistically we'd have a better chance of getting 6 points off Swindon next season than we would against Millwall, especially if Austin and Paynter leave. But that said absolutely no way do i want the spanners to win. I hope Swindon murder them. I'm also getting sick of Facebook status updates about people going to the game or wanting tickets who to my knowledge have previously shown a) no real interest in football or b) never been to a Millwall game in their life.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Realistically we'd have a better chance of getting 6 points off Swindon next season than we would against Millwall, especially if Austin and Paynter leave.

Exactly.
  • Options
    6 points against a swindon side which isnt guarenteed and we didnt even get that this year. Or playing in a local derby where the crowds are louder then any other game. Local derby for me all day long and how sweet it would be to beat millwall. If they go up, were gonna get stick so cant see why anyone would want them up
  • Options
    Diddnt like Millwall away or at home particullay. I enjoyed Yeovil more. So Millwall to win cos i dont want to face them next season and listen to them boast more about beeting us 2 years in a row.
  • Options
    Agree with that Randy. I also think if Millwall dont go up I think Jackett has done enough the past couple of seasons meaning that Championship clubs will come knocking for him and they wouldnt be the team they are now if he went.
  • Options
    I don't believe it ...........!!

Here I am, living in a Cornish village that nobody has ever heard of.
    At the bottom of my lane, there's a motor parked - and laid out across the parcel shelf, a dirty great blue & white flag
    with Millwall Wembley 2010, defacing it.

WTF?

Well they can feck off all the way back to their scummy Peckham tower block.
    And I hope they get trashed tomorrow.
  • Options
    I hope they get thrashed. Failing that, I hope they get beaten by a last minute of extra time Claridge-esque shinner. Failing that, defeat on penalties would do. Failing that, any form of defeat would do.

I cannot understand this "Let them get promoted, don't want them in our ground" rubbish. Let's have em back next season so we can give them the hiding they're due.

Sadly, I think they'll win.
  • Options
    Please God, let every bobble, bump, irregularity, half-chances and lino and Refs decisions go the way of Swindon and the Austin/Paynter super-snipers.

I have no emotion towards Palace and their nigels .... but when f:+*ckall are concerned my hackles rise toward the hairy-heeled potato heads.

I cannot bring myself to watch this game. But will accept the result with one of two views .......

"Effing brilliant - always knew Swindon had the measure of NOLU"

or

"News from the Toolbox - Every home League game is now a sell-out - oh perhaps not just the one against the Mighty Addicks".

NOLU ?

Who gives ? /////
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I don't believe it ...........!!

At the bottom of my lane, there's a motor parked - and laid out across the parcel shelf, a dirty great blue & white flag

WTF?

Get the local farmer to spray it with manure...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]Or playing in a local derby where the crowds are louder then any other game. Local derby for me all day long and how sweet it would be to beat millwall. If they go up, were gonna get stick so cant see why anyone would want them up

That says it for me ... no way do I want the Spanners to have any glory whatsoever ... and then they can go back to their sub-10k crowds apart from when we are there. And we are due a win ... revenge is what I want.
  • Options
    cant quite believe we have people on here wanting millwall to win :l
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I don't believe it ...........!!

WTF?

Get the local farmer to spray it with manure...

I might just take a piss on that car myself.
  • Options
    Millwall Football Club

OFFICIAL – The Academic view

Sir Norman Chester Centre for Football Research - University of Leicester

…..... the ferocious performative manliness of ‘Millwallism’ is a particular and historically grounded form of social awareness built around concerns for masculinist authenticity and the ridicule of outsiders for their lack of toughness and/or metropolitan Londonness.

But at football, these expressive forms are also mobilised in opposition to the new, more disciplined, family and consumption-oriented audiences and practices which are now increasingly favoured by the sport’s new marketing elites. Here, being Millwall still sustains a rootedness and a satisfyingly alarming everyday identity in all contexts for some south London men.

In an associated way, Anthony King (2001) has also pointed to the role of collective memory in shaping hooligan incidents. He argues that ‘The future of hooligan gangs and the form which their violence will take is substantially determined by the common values upon which they agree and which they establish through their public affirmation of shared memories'.

FACT SHEET 1 - FOOTBALL AND FOOTBALL HOOLIGANISM

Sir Norman Chester Centre for Football Research - University of Leicester

FICTION

"Millwall drew their main support from Millwall and Surrey docks, West Ham from the Royal Docks. The bad blood really started when the Royal Docks went out on strike but the Surrey and Millwall dockers refused to support them and carried on working which broke the strike. It kicked off the next time the two sides met due to the bad feeling and it's been carrying on ever since, even though the original cause was has long been forgotten by most on both sides and the docks are all gone."

Surely not The Great Dock Strike of 1889, in which all Dockers united and won “the dockers tanner” ?

The next major industrial unrest affecting dockers was the General Strike in 1926 – sixteen years after the club migrated from the Isle of Dogs to Cold Blow Lane, New Cross in South East London and six years before the first time (1920) that The Den was closed for two weeks due to crowd disorder.

Is this an urban myth ?

Talk to Southampton and Portsmouth fans and you'll hear the same story – almost word for word. Perhaps there is a need to rationalise rivalries and justify aggressive behaviour with some "history" and “facts” concerning industrial unrest that justifies violence.

REALITY

The reality is somewhat less romantic …...

Millwall Rovers were formed in the summer of 1885 by workers at Morton's Jam Factory on the Isle of Dogs. The majority of the workers at the factory were of Scottish extraction and consequently blue and white became the club's colours.

Millwall inhabited four separate grounds on the island and changed their name via Millwall Athletic to plain Millwall, before relocating across the river at The Den at Cold Blow Lane in 1910.

(Source millwallfc.co.uk Official Site)

HISTORY

1920: Ground closed for two weeks after missiles thrown during a match against Newport.

1934: Ground closed for two weeks following crowd trouble.

1938: Club fined £100 for crowd trouble.

1947: Ground closed for seven days, club fined for crowd trouble.

1950: Ground closed, club fined £1,000 after referee attacked.

1963: Policeman kicked over a surrounding wall in a match against Wrexham.

1965: Fan runs on to the pitch and aims blows at Walsall centre-forward George Kirby.

1967: Fined £1,000 after attack on referee Norman Burtenshaw by spectators at The Den.

1968: Birmingham goalkeeper Jim Herriott attacked.

1969: QPR trainer Ron Woolnough struck by a missile.

May 1972: Millwall v West Ham .The two sets of fans went to war both inside and outside the Den during a testimonial for Harry Cripps, the legendary Millwall (and former West Ham) player.

1975: Millwall v Cardiff. Bluebirds fan Mike Claridge stabbed by home supporter at The Den. Linesman Gerald Colyer attacked.

1976 September: Millwall v West Ham. Millwall fan Ian Pratt died at New Cross station following a scuffle with West Ham supporters that led to his fall under a train.

1978: Millwall v Ipswich. Fined £1,500, ground closed for two weeks after crowd trouble at FA Cup sixth-round tie against Ipswich. Club also barred from staging home FA Cup ties for next two seasons.

1980: Millwall v Shresbury. Linesmen felled by piece of concrete during match v Shrewsbury.

1982: Slough Town v Millwall. Chairman Alan Thorne threatens to close club after fans rampage in FA Cup tie at Slough.

1984: Millwall v Chelsea. Riot in Old Kent Road after Milk Cup tie with Chelsea. Coaches carrying Bristol City supporters attacked nine miles from ground.

1985: Luton Town v Millwall. Fined £7,500 and following season's FA Cup ties all-ticket after riot at Luton caused £70,000 damage - 31 arrested, 47 injured.
                Southampton v Millwall. Seventy-five supporters charged after offences at Southampton before Milk Cup tie.
                Millwall v Leeds. Five policemen injured, 17 supporters arrested during game with Leeds at The Den.

1986: Rival supporter stabbed to death at Charing Cross by Millwall supporters.

1992: lan Wright (Arsenal) struck by coin in Coca-Cola Cup tie at Highbury.
    Nigel Winterburn (Arsenal) struck by coin in return Coca-Cola tie.

1993: Southend United. Twenty arrested at FA Cup tie at Southend.

Last game at The Den interrupted by pitch invasions.

1994: Millwall v Notts Forest. New Den ground - Stan Collymore (Nott'm Forest) is confronted by fan on the pitch.

1995:     Spanner thrown onto the pitch by a Millwall fan at Reading.
    Charlton Athletic fans rename Millwall fans "Spanners" and the New Den stadium "The Toolbox". 

Millwall respond by renaming Addicks fans as Trainspotters (ouch!). 
    1995:    Trouble during an FA Cup tie against Chelsea at The Den, and in the replay at Stamford Bridge.
    1995:    Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Kevin Pressman confronted by Millwall fan during a Coca-Cola Cup tie.
    1998: Millwall Football Club found guilty of failing to control their spectators following pitch invasions during match against Manchester City. Warned about future conduct by FA.

2000: Wigan v Millwall. Fans clash with riot police inside Wigan ground and in centre of town after a Second Division play-off match.

Trouble flares at in Wrexham v Millwall on the day the London club sealed promotion to the First Division.

2001:    Millwall FC - Pre-season friendly in Germany against Eintracht Frankfurt called off due to hooliganism.

2002:    Up to 50 police officers injured after Millwall's Division One play-off defeat by Birmingham.

March 2004
    Eight police horses were required on the pitch as riot police had to quell fighting sparked by West Ham’s 4-1 defeat at the New Den.
  • Options
    Reading Powerchord's post ......... and realising that list isn't even anywhere near up to date.

Makes you wonder how that sort of record has even been tolerated by the football authorities, police, etc
  • Options
    Am stood next to a real 'Bermondsey Belle' at Waterloo. She talking about going to the game tomorrow.

She has an awful voice/accent. The convo is going something like this:

'its a right touch e got me a ticket. Only cost firty quid. Aint got a clue were am sitting. I aint wearing sandles n getting my feet proper wet. Gottago ome wash my air its minging. Aint washed it for fives days. I wanna meet up before & get proper wankered'

shes all of four foot nothing. A pretty wee blonde thing. But jeez when she opened her mouth. It was like steel rods going through your ears!!!!

Come on Swindon! Although buggered if i'll be watching it. Got holiday shopping to do!
  • Options
    I'd rather be at Wembley in the play-off final with a few thousand proper plastics and non-Millwall fans than trying to find ways of spending a Saturday afternoon away from the tv.....

If we lose then I'd have rather finished 7th! Depressing experience last season, do not want that again. Reckon there could be a fair bit of grief tomorrow as well, the plod are looking like they're trying very hard to stir things up by telling loads of landlords to shut while giving Swindon all the largest pubs. Apparently shutting everything around Baker Street, Marylebone and Wembley at 1.30. That's really going to go down well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Reading Powerchord's post ......... and realising that list isn't even anywhere near up to date.

Makes you wonder how that sort of record has even been tolerated by the football authorities, police, etc

Because every other club seems to be tolerated too. United's record of smashing up towns at away games are stuff of legend. Or when they started dismantling Norwich's ground! Problem is when we do things, we do them well....;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: powerchord[/cite]
    1995:     Spanner thrown onto the pitch by a Millwall fan at Reading.
    Charlton Athletic fans rename Millwall fans "Spanners" and the New Den stadium "The Toolbox". 

Millwall respond by renaming Addicks fans as Trainspotters (ouch!). 

March 2004
    Eight police horses were required on the pitch as riot police had to quell fighting sparked by West Ham’s 4-1 defeat at the New Den.

We called you lot trainspotters way before that......March 2004....West Ham's bad!
  • Options
    dear me another one creeping on our board,get yourself off,big game saturday you may even win one one day.