Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPhone 4

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: fatrob[/cite]Never known anyone to go over, when I spoke to O2 they said the only reason it was brought in was to stop people using their phones as modems for their laptops.

Not even if you double post?
  • Options
    500mb is ample for regular use. Bit of youtube etc. Vodafone have good wi-fi covetage as well.

On 3 you'd struggle to use 500mb in a year!
  • Options
    3 is fine...alot better than o2 but to be fair one network can be good for one person and rubbish for the next. 500mb is fine per month- unless you download on it in ehich case its not great.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Cheers Clem. Was attracted to the unlimited web, as that's pretty much all I use phone for. Will 500mb cover regular browsing, you tube and the occassional bit of bbcplayer ?

Just use wifi at home and office

As has been said my iPhone 4 is a magnificent gadget and does everything I want but the phone aspect isn't perfect
  • Options
    just be aware that the iphone 4 is not wine proof , as rothko found out on thursday night
  • Options
    hi vodafone iphone 4 is 32gb 400 or serious offers considered, ta
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Right, planning to get the iphone4 this weekend on Three's unlimited usage for £35 a month.

Someone give me a good reason why I'm making a huge cock up

Awesome phone,and there's no reason not to get one at the moment but in 2 month's time when the new one comes out, you 'll probably wish you'd have waited. (although there is also some debate over if it's going to be introduced in June like the last 3 models, or later in the year for the Christmas rush)

On the other hand - the new one won't be THAT different - not sure how much you know about them but this one will be very much evolution (i.e iphone 3g to 3gs) rather than revolution (i.e. iphone 3gs to iphone 4). Indications are that the new one will probably look similar, but have improved insides and a slightly better camera.

The thing to do with iPhones is to get them near to launch on a 2 year contract, miss one new model and then get the next new one when your contract runs out.

Yes typical apple marketing..... They do this every time!, I fully expect people to be standing outside Apple at Bluewater!

I am lucky I get a new phone in October, so will see what offers are around, but I get a deal with O2 being a 'partner' so I get the £35 deal for £23 a month.

Have to agree about the battery, and I am not convinced that these phones or batteries are up to 2 years of robust use!. But there will be a rush to get this 'toy' even though I along with the majority will not buy the apps, or use the great majority of devices. I do use the internet on it, and often send large format files so I am happy for the price I pay. These phones are not without there faults!, ( come on Leroy!) but as I use a mac I have got them 'sinked' in.......And like an italian sports car, you know it has amazing 'gawp' appeal, But it is only a phone for god sake!, not a religious conversion........
  • Options
    I wouldn't be sure if 500mb is enough if you want to use iPlayer / Youtube etc over 3G.

500mb would be more than fine for browsing / email but I think things like iPlayer can use around 100mb per hour of streaming.
  • Options
    Well Clem, you talk and I follow. Am now the owner of the Desire S on Vodaphone. 300 mins, unlimited text and 500mb for an administrative cock up 25 quid a month
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just down load Angry Birds, All of the Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio from the market place andyour life will be complete.

Good choice and also saving £120 a year in line rental.

Also if you are worried about your web use, download 3g Watchdog. Nifty app for monitoring your web use. Put in your bill date and your allowance and it tracks your use. Flags a warning if you get close to the limit. Make sure you get the free version as it is as good as the paid for one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    another one in the HTC desire club you wont regret it mate
  • Options
    Apple fans are tools FACT
  • Options
    O2 are doing the HTC Desire S on a 24 month contract with 100 minutes. 500 texts and 500 mb for £21.50
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Apple fans are tools FACT

Then I am a tool FACT
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]
    Have to agree about the battery, and I am not convinced that these phones or batteries are up to 2 years of robust use!

In fairness to Apple my 3g is still going strong for my nephew after 2 years of my heavy use and 1 year of his. Plus if I've had any problems, Apple have been excellent and just given me a new phone.

It's worth checking for dead pixels etc. a month or so before the warranty runs out, if you take them to a genius bar, they should just give you a new phone.....
  • Options
    Correct, and I did just that with my 3g in September.

The battery is an issue with the 3g's in fairness to Apple, they normally sort things out!

But then I do have an account there!
  • Options
    get an htc desire hd apple is a con
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Apple fans are tools FACT

Then I am a tool FACT
    snap
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razorray0[/cite]get an htc desire hd apple is a con
    as is every brand in the world