Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

As it Wednesday a small quiz re:Algeria if i may?

Im Sure one will be started nearer to the date of this game but i came across a nice little one below some of the questions are hard work but most are quiet easy i think. Dont know if anyone's been to Algeria but if not i wouldn't rush there but see what you think. Once again no cheating, Googling or asking any Algerian friends you may have.

1) What countrys border on Algeria not including Western Sahrah because thats still up for debate?

2) Name the the sea that spans Algerias coast line?

3) Name Algeria's second City?

4) What colours are the Algerian flag?

5) What does the flag represent in terms of the Crecsent and Star on it?

6) Name Algeria's Capital city?

7) In the 1800's Algeria was notorious as a base for pirates and slave traders. In 1830 a European nation invaded Algeria after an unusual provocation. Which country invaded Algeria?

8) What is the Algerian national currency?

9) When did Algeria Gain Independance from France (which year)?

10) Who is the current Algerian President (head of Office) who has been in power since 27/04/1999?

Some of them may not be possible to get any answers but i thought it might be a bit of fun seeing as we are in the World Cup quiz mood :-).

Comments

• Options
    Sink...

There's already a far more popular Wednesday quiz...
  • Options
    4) Flag is red white and green...
  • Options
    2) Mediterreanan Sea...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Sink...

There's already a far more popular Wednesday quiz...

TBF i thought i might get that but i thought i would try at least :-)

EDIT: Sorry yea 4) and 2) both right mate.
  • Options
    1) Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, Mali
  • Options
    3) Oran...

6) Algiers....
  • Options
    SINK!!!!!! nah just kidding, dont have a scooby on any of these nice thread though rupert ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]1) Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, Mali

Correct just missing 2 Oggy.
  • Options
    7) That was the part of the Barbary coast around that time - pirates, ship sinking, pillaging and stuff and France had had enough, so invaded. And made Algeria a French colony.
  • Options
    I'd like to hear Henry's views on this quiz.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Rupert should have his own travel show.

"I've never been the Bahamas, I don't know if you have, personally I wouldn't bother".
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]3) Oran...

6) Algiers....

Both Correct your on Fire RedZed.

[cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]SINK!!!!!! nah just kidding, dont have a scooby on any of these nice thread though rupert ;o)

LOL thanks buddy i think some of the questions are a bit far fetched. I just came across this from one of my mates who has this quiz book 10 questions on each team of the 2010 worldcup. So i might get some more from his book as the tournment wares on maybe having a new one each day going in alphapetical order or something seeing as i started with Algeria.
  • Options
    10) The presidents got a name something like Abdul Boogherra or something?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I'd like to hear Henry's views on this quiz.

Why?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]7) That was the part of the Barbary coast around that time - pirates, ship sinking, pillaging and stuff and France had had enough, so invaded. And made Algeria a French colony.

Correct Bang on Oggy.
  • Options
    11) The Algerian football team is nicknamed "The Desert Foxes". Can remember that!
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I think Rupert should have his own travel show.

"I've never been the Bahamas, I don't know if you have, personally I wouldn't bother".

But Rupert has been to Algeria - remember him telling me when my lad was driving through Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Senegal & Mali early this year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Why?

Because Rupert has been your favourite poster today.
  • Options
    8) Dinar...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Why?

Because Rupert has been your favourite poster today.

No, you have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]10) The presidents got a name something like Abdul Boogherra or something?

Abdelaziz Bouteflika or عبد العزيز بوتفليقة depending on what language you speak lol. However i will give you that one because its you ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]11) The Algerian football team is nicknamed "The Desert Foxes". Can remember that!
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I think Rupert should have his own travel show.

But Rupert has been to Algeria - remember him telling me when my lad was driving through Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Senegal & Mali early this year.

Correct mate. However i think he was refering to my comments about Paris the other day but i have also been there so im not sure what hes getting at, but, hey the Desert Foxes?????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]but, hey the Desert Foxes?????

I'm sure I read somewhere that's the Algeria team's nickname.

Maybe I'm wrong!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    O right the national team i dunno good question mate anyone who can answer question 11 then roll up :-)

EDIT: Sorry i thought you were talking about one of their league temas over there.
  • Options
    You got some meaty questions there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]You got some meaty questions there

Yes AFKA everything i do has a bit of meat to it *hangs head in shame and apologises in advance for what your minds may conjure up from that comment* ;-)
  • Options
    The Independence thing is bugging me. I remember something about French president De Gaulle making promises that didn't happen straight away, which resulted in Guerrilla warfare and it became a very dangerous place for any Europeans.

Maybe I've got it muddled up, but I'll make a guess and say Algeria won independence in1960.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The Independence thing is bugging me. I remember something about French president De Gaulle making promises that didn't happen straight away, which resulted in Guerrilla warfare and it became a very dangerous place for any Europeans.

Maybe I've got it muddled up, but I'll make a guess and say Algeria won independence in1960.

X

However the whole guerrilla warfare hing your right about and the way the french treated them was appauling but you were only 2 years out mate 1962 so once again cos its you we will let you have that one ;-)
  • Options
    Thank you kindly, Rupert.

But I'm buggered if I know:
    5) What does the flag represent in terms of the Crecsent and Star on it?

I can only think it's some Muslim symbol - but if I'm honest, I haven't got a clue.
  • Options
    Their national stadium is called '5th July 1962 Stadium' after its independance.
  • Options
    62 I think.

The Jackal, as in The day of... was hired by people angry with De Gaulle for allowing them independence