Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

As it Wednesday a small quiz re:Algeria if i may?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Thank you kindly, Rupert.

But I'm buggered if I know:
    5) What does the flag represent in terms of the Crecsent and Star on it?

I can only think it's some Muslim symbol - but if I'm honest, I haven't got a clue.

Haha ok my friend

Your not wrong Green half of the flag represents the Muslim part of the country the white half the non Muslim part. The Crescent and Star are indeed a muslim representation but also the fact that they are read is ment to be a highlight of the country's bloody past. So i was told when i was there anyway.
  • Options
    Green is nature, white is peace, red is blood shed, star & crescent for Islam.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: QatarNapsy[/cite]Green is nature, white is peace, red is blood shed, star & crescent for Islam.

Aha i have been missinformed then i was told Half Green half white was to represent the multi cultural element of the country which seemend very absent when i was there but i think it has improved since i was there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: QatarNapsy[/cite]Green is nature, white is peace, red is blood shed,

ha, go together like strawberries, cream and brussel sprouts !!
  • Options
    Right, then Rupert ..... are we all done, then?

Any questions unanswered?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nearly Oggy. You sir just need the other two nations boadering Algeria you got Morrocco, Tunisa, Mali and Mauritania did you know the other 2?

Oh and I forgot to mention that Red Zed got the one about Currency Dinar was correct well done mate number 8 that was.
  • Options
    Libiya must be one. Is the other Niger?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Libiya must be one. Is the other Niger?

Correct my Friend both of them Well done. Quiz closed, tomorrow a new random country from the 2010 World cup (if i get a look at my mates book tonight its a good lil quiz book).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Libiya must be one. Is the other Niger?

Correct my Friend both of them Well done. Quiz closed, tomorrow a new random country from the 2010 World cup (if i get a look at my mates book tonight its a good lil quiz book).

Wait until the country is playing. More fun and makes more sense that way.
  • Options
    Can't wait for the Slovenia quiz...

There probably isn't 10 things to know...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Ok Henners will do. So if i do the quizes for each team that plays on that day so there would be four quizes a day do we think admin may get annoyed at that? Or is there another better way you would do it? I will obviously keep them clean (if i can) as i will just go on what my mates book says and as its for his son i dont think it will be too extreme :-).

Dont worry RedZed i will find 10 things about every nation and proably before the WC even ends we will have our 32 quizes :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Can't wait for the Slovenia quiz...

There probably isn't 10 things to know...

But a lovely little country about the size of Wales.
    Well worth a visit.

And your quid goes further.
  • Options
    Do they not use the euro in Slovenia then Oggy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Ok Henners will do. So if i do the quizes for each team that plays on that day so there would be four quizes a day do we think admin may get annoyed at that? Or is there another better way you would do it? I will obviously keep them clean (if i can) as i will just go on what my mates book says and as its for his son i dont think it will be too extreme :-).

Dont worry RedZed i will find 10 things about every nation and proably before the WC even ends we will have our 32 quizes :-)

No, only one quiz a day. 31 quizzes over 30 days.

Do the little countries as they play group games and save the others for the KO stages and blank days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Do they not use the euro in Slovenia then Oggy?

You're dead right, Rupert ..... I didn't realise.
    It was the Tolar when I was there last, and the Yugoslav Dinar before that.

Still a stunningly beautiful and friendly little country.
  • Options
    Greenwich is twinned with a town, Maribor, in Slovenia so we are related, sort of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Do they not use the euro in Slovenia then Oggy?

You're dead right, Rupert ..... I didn't realise.
    It was the Tolar when I was there last, and the Yugoslav Dinar before that.

Still a stunningly beautiful and friendly little country.

I have herd it is. Friends of ours had a wedding out there few years back. I diddnt get to go cos had to look after the dog but Mum and Dad loved it.
  • Options
    May i chuck an extra World Cup question out there?

What have all the teams in Group A got in common?
  • Options
    None of them are in Group B...?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]May i chuck an extra World Cup question out there?

What have all the teams in Group A got in common?
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]None of them are in Group B...?

Correct!

They have all hosted the World Cup Finals.