Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Waggott to leave end of June - Confirmed

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]It is my best guess that Richard Murray would never have made the appointment.

Quite agree. Richard Murray's decision making over the last five years has been exemplary, and always in the best interests of Charlton Athletic Football Club.

*Oh, bugger - that's sarcasm, too...*
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]To be fair Harvey that water suggestion aint a bad idea and given our current situation a number cruncher keeping an eye on the purse strings may not be a bad thing.

Say a big bottle of evian costs £2 and 20 players get one each a day thats 12k a year at a conservative estimate on water which could go towards wages or running costs.

Cant see why the players cant "spalsh out" on their own water or alternatively use that recent invention the tap if they dont want to "dip" into their own pockets.[/quote]

The players don't currently drink from evian bottles. They have water coolers like you find in most offices. Once these are taken away the players (remember the ones who are actually the clubs assets) can either drink from a tap outside the ground staffs's shed or in the kitchen sink (which is not large enough for the three staff who currently occupy it).

We should be making it easy for players to take on water, not harder.
  • Options
    Agree to an extent Harvey but they are grown men and if some of the senior players can afford to drive round in brand new Land Rovers then im sure they can bring sufficient water to training to help cut costs and would show they are comitted to the clubs cause.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I thought employers had a statutory duty to supply drinking water in the workplace?

Looks like they do from this.

http://www.worksmart.org.uk/health/viewquestion.php?eny=505
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I thought employers had a statutory duty to supply drinking water in the workplace?

What about noise? Should the club provide ear defenders for noise over 90dBs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I thought employers had a statutory duty to supply drinking water in the workplace?

What about noise? Should the club provide ear defenders for noise over 90dBs.

Not a problem at Charlton :-)
  • Options
    Tapwater is fine in Eltham
  • Options
    Tap water has passed through an average of 5 people before you get to drink it.
  • Options
    All the water in the world has passed through someone/something B. I wouldn't worry about that, Rolf Harris drinks his own apparently and he's ok
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]All the water in the world has passed through someone/something B. I wouldn't worry about that, Rolf Harris drinks his own apparently and he's ok

"Have you guessed what I'm drinking yet".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Tap water has passed through an average of 5 people before you get to drink it

Water today is the same water the dinosaurs once drank and lived on. All water is recycled and the same water that was around 5 million years ago is still with us. The only water that is created, as an offshoot of hydrogen reactions, is in so little quantities, that it hasn't affected global levels. Imo Bottled water is a con, look at Dasani for reasons why......

Would it make a difference if they have to drink tap water instead of spring water during training? I know when I've been exercising that I'm not looking for the depth of flavour in a water, it's to hydrate me. Imo, like the academy banning coloured boots, it's part of a prima donna culture that the club, in its League 1 form, should be trying to eliminate. And that's not even mentioning the cost cuts on thing like this that will have to occur throughout the club.
  • Options
    I suspect that the club would argue that they give them water that contains electrolytes and carbohydrate - minerals, Isotonic, Hypotonic, Hypertonic stuff (I googled that, which is good cause I was going to put microlights which would not have been good). and these aid their physical fitness,I have no idea if it is true.
  • Options
    rolf_harris.gif
    Rolf say: Drink Piss, you know it makes sense...
  • Options
    Well said Allez.

H2O is H2O.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I suspect that the club would argue that they give them water that contains electrolytes and carbohydrate - minerals, Isotonic, Hypotonic, Hypertonic stuff (I googled that, which is good cause I was going to put microlights which would not have been good). and these aid their physical fitness,I have no idea if it is true.

That's all supplements, which normally have a flavour to them anyway. Even more cause to use tap water if it's being mixed with other flavours....
  • Options
    Ahh...only on CL can a debate about something as important as the departure of our Chief Exec and the restructuring of the club's management end up with a discussion of the merits of tap v bottled water.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Ahh...only on CL can a debate about something as important as the departure of our Chief Exec and the restructuring of the club's management end up with a discussion of the merits of tap v bottled water.[/quote]

Lol, its the summer what do you expect ;-).

BTW what school did you go to
  • Options
    So who will take over?