Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon.....

Big bats and small balls...

Anyone else detest tennis...?

Comments

• Options
    Yes me.
  • Options
    I go every year, will be again this time round!
  • Options
    15 all...
  • Options
    Worst sport EVER!
  • Options
    I'm in for the hate tennis thread. In my eyes the most boring sport going, played and watched by people with no personality
  • Options
    Love Tennis, I've been playing today and will do all summer long. Always enjoy Wimbledon, the Federer Vs Nadal final two years ago was one of the greatest sporting battles I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Don't hate it, it's only a game. But it's a bit dull.

I can't help laughing at the stupid (mostly) women who "love" tennis for two weeks of the year...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Don't hate it, it's only a game. But it's a bit dull.

I can't help laughing at the stupid (mostly) women who "love" tennis for two weeks of the year...

True. Does my head in. Same with the WC at the moment. Suddenly GMTV presenters etc. become football experts.

Don't know how anyone can watch Federer and not be amazed. For me there are far worse sports - Darts and F1immediately spring to mind!
  • Options
    Never been into Tennis dont hate it though. Enjoy playing it but am rubbish. But would never watch it and dont care about scores and positions and that but its a fun game to play.
  • Options
    Federer 2 sets to nil down at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davydenko also 2 sets down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Don't hate it, it's only a game. But it's a bit dull.

You sound like Ru Algarve.
  • Options
    Federer will win this now.
  • Options
    Feds has got a set back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Feds has got a set back.

Have to agree being two sets down is a setback....
  • Options
    Like mucking around playing it in the park, but hate the 'wimbledon' crowd. Don't give a flying fudge for murray or any other british players during the rest of the year. I think its hillarious how they all turn out and cheer on murray. In football terms its like supporting a team but going for 2 weeks then forget they exist or just follow your team in the fa cup till they get knocked out. The womens tennis is fine as plenty of eye candy and the grunting.... just don't get it like watching snooker golf etc.. if you're into it then fair play but just think its a snobs thing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite] Don't give a flying fudge for murray or any other british players during the rest of the year..

Are there any other British players? I think we'd all struggle to name any others.
    Does Jeremy Bates still play?!

Federer now 2-0 down in the 4th set.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Like mucking around playing it in the park, but hate the 'wimbledon' crowd. Don't give a flying fudge for murray or any other british players during the rest of the year. I think its hillarious how they all turn out and cheer on murray. In football terms its like supporting a team but going for 2 weeks then forget they exist or just follow your team in the fa cup till they get knocked ou

You mean just like the people who watch the WC then never watch a football game again for 4 years.... let them enjoy it, just because more people are watching something doesnt mean you enjoy it any less, surely.
  • Options
    Isner v Mahut (I have no idea who these people are, got this on my Facebook newsfeed), 2 sets all. In the 5th set so far, it's 21 games each.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Isner v Mahut (I have no idea who these people are, got this on my Facebook newsfeed), 2 sets all. In the 5th set so far, it's 21 games each.

24 all now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    26-25. Still going with service.
  • Options
    27 games all now.

Game time now 6 hours and 3 minutes!
  • Options
    30 all now
  • Options
    Longest game ever apparently

33-33 in the 5th set and still going!
  • Options
    oh, I say!

:-)

nearly 7 hours, 35-34
  • Options
    Now 40 games each. Neither player looks capable of a break of serve!!!!
  • Options
    It's amusing to look back on the posts where it was astonishing it was 24-24!

And when it's 80-80 I'm sure this post will have a 'you ain't seen nothing yet' poignancy
  • Options
    42-43 this is crazy!
  • Options
    I think tennis is the most boring and overated sport on earth.
  • Options
    I wonder what the odds were for the final set to exceed 90 games? If one person has laid that bet any where in the world then I think they need to investigate. Has there even been one match point in the final set?